Helping our Hospitals
Rich80105
2024-07-02 19:54:44 UTC
Our hospitals are going so well under the new Government that they are
running out of work - so we first have Simeon Brown determined to give
them more work by putting up speed limits that local areas (and
businesses) want kept lower, Now we have the reimposition of
prescription fees that researchers say will put more people in
hospital. Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st - but of course they
may well say they are just facilitating competition - Chemist
Warehouse is big enough to continue offering free prescriptions to
burn off more small chemists - that is presumably "fair competition"
to NAct1st - did Chemist Warehouse make a (carefully not political)
donation to the NZ Taxpayer union?

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/521003/prescription-fees-return-we-re-going-to-see-higher-rates-of-hospital-admissions
Rich80105
2024-07-02 19:58:07 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Our hospitals are going so well under the new Government that they are
running out of work - so we first have Simeon Brown determined to give
them more work by putting up speed limits that local areas (and
businesses) want kept lower, Now we have the reimposition of
prescription fees that researchers say will put more people in
hospital. Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st - but of course they
may well say they are just facilitating competition - Chemist
Warehouse is big enough to continue offering free prescriptions to
burn off more small chemists - that is presumably "fair competition"
to NAct1st - did Chemist Warehouse make a (carefully not political)
donation to the NZ Taxpayer union?
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/521003/prescription-fees-return-we-re-going-to-see-higher-rates-of-hospital-admissions
sorry missed the second link:
https://www.bikeauckland.org.nz/listen-to-aucklands-children-and-keep-safe-speed-limits/
Tony
2024-07-02 21:04:54 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Our hospitals are going so well under the new Government that they are
running out of work - so we first have Simeon Brown determined to give
them more work by putting up speed limits that local areas (and
businesses) want kept lower, Now we have the reimposition of
prescription fees that researchers say will put more people in
hospital. Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st - but of course they
may well say they are just facilitating competition - Chemist
Warehouse is big enough to continue offering free prescriptions to
burn off more small chemists - that is presumably "fair competition"
to NAct1st - did Chemist Warehouse make a (carefully not political)
donation to the NZ Taxpayer union?
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/521003/prescription-fees-return-we-re-going-to-see-higher-rates-of-hospital-admissions
Your sarcasm is showing - how about you give credit where it is due? No,
because all you want is to bring the government down - what a loser that makes
you. Get a life and support a government that is trying to get this country out
of the Labour caused depression we are in.
Gordon
As well as getting out of the lack of confidence.
Rich80105
2024-07-03 03:12:02 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Your problem with lack of confidence in the current government is
shared by an increasing number of people, Gordon. There are a lot of
businesses closing due to worsening business conditions - many are
concerned about the effect of very high rate increases that will come
through in the next year, and the expectation that wages and salaries
are unlikely to keep pace with inflation. The cannot see the benefits
now accruing to landlords affecting them at all For most, 2024 is
turning out to be much harder than earlier years . . . .
Tony
2024-07-03 08:09:23 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
You incessant sarcasm and deliberate mis statement of posts by more competent
folk than yourself is shared by an increasing number of people.
Post by Rich80105
There are a lot of
businesses closing due to worsening business conditions
Not worsening, but still bad because of the incompetence of the last government.
No that is untrue. In fact it is a lie.
Rich80105
2024-07-03 10:31:19 UTC
On Wed, 3 Jul 2024 08:09:23 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
- many are
concerned about the effect of very high rate increases that will come
through in the next year, and the expectation that wages and salaries
are unlikely to keep pace with inflation. The cannot see the benefits
now accruing to landlords affecting them at all For most, 2024 is
turning out to be much harder than earlier years . . . .
No that is untrue. In fact it is a lie.
Try this as just one story:
https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/07/03/construction-downturn-bites-hard-as-kainga-ora-refocuses/

The construction sector is starting to shut down as this government
stops building new homes, and this article highlights the problems in
the construction sector for private builds.

National is not just making a lot of people redundant, many businesses
are failing, fear of known cost increases and higher interest rates is
keeping many New Zealanders from spending or taking loans; many retail
businesses are failing - this government is frittering its time away
by telling teachers how to teach, by dropping local authorities in
huge holes with no way out, tightening rules for bank lending, not
being prepared to pay what is needed to keep GPs working (many are
retiring or moving), not able to recruit for hospitals. losing police
to Australia, etc. etc.
Tony
Absolute nonsense. Go away until you can debate with facts and not fantasy.
Gordon
2024-07-04 04:59:39 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
- many are
concerned about the effect of very high rate increases that will come
through in the next year, and the expectation that wages and salaries
are unlikely to keep pace with inflation. The cannot see the benefits
now accruing to landlords affecting them at all For most, 2024 is
turning out to be much harder than earlier years . . . .
No that is untrue. In fact it is a lie.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/07/03/construction-downturn-bites-hard-as-kainga-ora-refocuses/
The construction sector is starting to shut down as this government
stops building new homes, and this article highlights the problems in
the construction sector for private builds.
And yet we have

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350331318/chris-bishop-sets-out-radical-land-use-and-planning-reforms
Post by Rich80105
National is not just making a lot of people redundant, many businesses
are failing, fear of known cost increases and higher interest rates is
keeping many New Zealanders from spending or taking loans; many retail
businesses are failing - this government is frittering its time away
by telling teachers how to teach, by dropping local authorities in
huge holes with no way out, tightening rules for bank lending, not
being prepared to pay what is needed to keep GPs working (many are
retiring or moving), not able to recruit for hospitals. losing police
to Australia, etc. etc.
We need to accept that the previous Goverment spent up large, and there is
now none left. Without money spending is difficult while dealing with
reality.
Rich80105
2024-07-04 05:39:22 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
- many are
concerned about the effect of very high rate increases that will come
through in the next year, and the expectation that wages and salaries
are unlikely to keep pace with inflation. The cannot see the benefits
now accruing to landlords affecting them at all For most, 2024 is
turning out to be much harder than earlier years . . . .
No that is untrue. In fact it is a lie.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/07/03/construction-downturn-bites-hard-as-kainga-ora-refocuses/
The construction sector is starting to shut down as this government
stops building new homes, and this article highlights the problems in
the construction sector for private builds.
And yet we have
https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350331318/chris-bishop-sets-out-radical-land-use-and-planning-reforms
which is also covered here:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/521254/watch-housing-minister-reveals-housing-planning-changes-to-flood-country-with-new-homes
and some comment here:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018945459/govt-announces-policies-so-cities-can-be-expanded-outwards
and Brown is currently talking about problems for Auckland from the
dictatorial approach being taken.

The reality is that local authorities will charge through the roof for
services in new areas where they do not want new developments - until
they get through the requirements for 3 waters without government
assistance.

Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
Why would we accept something that is blatantly untrue?
Tony
2024-07-04 06:50:28 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Guesswork.
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
Rich80105
2024-07-04 08:06:12 UTC
On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 06:50:28 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
As one Mayor said: Show us the money. Most Councils are (or will be)
up to their limit on borrowing shortly, without any new developments.
So how can they afford not to charge full cost for any new
developments?
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Post by Tony
Tony
2024-07-04 20:02:48 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
You said "through the roof" which implies more than "full cost" and was
deliberately emotive.
So you have changed your mind. Well done. Full cost it is and should be.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Rich80105
2024-07-05 00:56:58 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Full cost is what I meant - the full cost of all infrastructure. Most
Councils will be at or close to their maximum borrowing limit - in
case that went over your head, that means they will not be able to
borrow more to meet any share of costs for new developments. They will
therefore be unable to assist new developments with any of the costs
of necessary infrastructure - and Councils are also likely to be using
all their relevant staff and equipment on current water projects. if
developers have to pay for all that there will be significant
increases in costs compared with re-developing land already zoned
residential. Would you call a doubling of costs (for example) "through
the roof", Tony? As one Mayor said "Show us the money" . . .
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
Co-governance have little or nothing to do with resource consenting
process for new housing - at least in most Councils. Why did you think
Co-governance is at all relevant? I don't recall the Minister
referring to that issue? Are you trying to distract from the real
problems with the recent announcements?
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Tony
2024-07-05 02:32:49 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Full cost is what I meant
It certainly is not what you wrote and what you wrote was deliberately
npolitical and emotive, but why would that surprise anybody?
Post by Rich80105
- the full cost of all infrastructure. Most
Councils will be at or close to their maximum borrowing limit - in
case that went over your head, that means they will not be able to
borrow more to meet any share of costs for new developments. They will
therefore be unable to assist new developments with any of the costs
of necessary infrastructure - and Councils are also likely to be using
all their relevant staff and equipment on current water projects. if
developers have to pay for all that there will be significant
increases in costs compared with re-developing land already zoned
residential. Would you call a doubling of costs (for example) "through
the roof", Tony? As one Mayor said "Show us the money" . . .
Nonsense. If it needs to be done, and is not just a hope, then we need to fund
it - that means ratepayers. SImple, the council needs to find the money - it is
not up to government. Otherwise we might as well scrap local councils - is that
your plan?
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
Co-governance have little or nothing to do with resource consenting
process for new housing - at least in most Councils. Why did you think
Co-governance is at all relevant? I don't recall the Minister
referring to that issue? Are you trying to distract from the real
problems with the recent announcements?
There are no problems, you have identified none.
And you are deliberately twisting my motive which is clear from what I wrote
-read it and try to understand - I used short words just for you.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Rich80105
2024-07-05 03:34:55 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
You were responding to my post which said: "So how can they afford not
to charge full cost for any new developments? "

So yes I did refer to "full cost," which is hugely more than
developers have paid in the past for infrastructure.
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
After years of right wing "NAct" local councilors winning elections by
promising to "keep rates low", we now know that what they were really
doing was cutting corners - and large corners at that - in long term
maintenance and development of services. But now our New Zealand
government has decided it wants to "keep taxes low" - well mostly for
landlords, (but then nobody else really counts to this Government) and
they cannot afford to help local authorities out - with either
existing infrastructure or new infrastructure - and if some local
authorities reached limits on borrowing well they will just have to
stop borrowing . . . .

Now if you have "The Answer" for building all this new development at
higher interest rates than government can borrow at then do let us
know Tony, but it does seem that Government are saying that local
bodies just have to get on with it and make 30 years development land
able to be rezoned to give Developers a choice of where to expand . .
. so if you were a local body Councilor what would you do, Tony?
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
What Co-governance happened during the years of Labour-led government,
Tony? You are possibly thinking of some of the settlements under
National and Chris Finlayson. What destruction of democracy? Did you
vote in the election that resulted in the NAct1st government that we
now have? So no you didn't even get to the start line for identifying
any fuckups - or are you claiming that it is all John Keys fault?
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Co-governance have little or nothing to do with resource consenting
process for new housing - at least in most Councils. Why did you think
Co-governance is at all relevant? I don't recall the Minister
referring to that issue? Are you trying to distract from the real
problems with the recent announcements?
There are no problems, you have identified none.
I have identified a problem with local authorities having to increase
rates for 3 Waters, and now you seem to want further increases in
rates to subsidise developers - I did not invent those problems, they
are all NAct1st!
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
National is not just making a lot of people redundant, many businesses
are failing, fear of known cost increases and higher interest rates is
keeping many New Zealanders from spending or taking loans; many retail
businesses are failing - this government is frittering its time away
by telling teachers how to teach, by dropping local authorities in
huge holes with no way out, tightening rules for bank lending, not
being prepared to pay what is needed to keep GPs working (many are
retiring or moving), not able to recruit for hospitals. losing police
to Australia, etc. etc.
We need to accept that the previous Goverment spent up large, and there is
now none left. Without money spending is difficult while dealing with
reality.
Why would we accept something that is blatantly untrue?
And there we see you real response Tony - when you don't like the
answer you just spray and walk away. Just watch where you sit, Tony -
the wet patch may stain . . .
Tony
2024-07-05 06:56:44 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
You have changed the topic again, just stop it and try some honesty.
Post by Rich80105
Now if you have "The Answer" for building all this new development at
higher interest rates than government can borrow at then do let us
know Tony, but it does seem that Government are saying that local
bodies just have to get on with it and make 30 years development land
able to be rezoned to give Developers a choice of where to expand . .
. so if you were a local body Councilor what would you do, Tony?
You are a fool, you think you can move the goalposts - you cannot, The fact is
the cost is the cost and we all have to pay for it. All else is rhetoric.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
What Co-governance happened during the years of Labour-led government,
Tony?
3 waters you fool.
Post by Rich80105
You are possibly thinking of some of the settlements under
National and Chris Finlayson. What destruction of democracy? Did you
vote in the election that resulted in the NAct1st government that we
now have? So no you didn't even get to the start line for identifying
any fuckups - or are you claiming that it is all John Keys fault?
You rude prick - stop your abuse and keep to topic. You know what I was
referring to and yet you lie again and again.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Co-governance have little or nothing to do with resource consenting
process for new housing - at least in most Councils. Why did you think
Co-governance is at all relevant? I don't recall the Minister
referring to that issue? Are you trying to distract from the real
problems with the recent announcements?
There are no problems, you have identified none.
I have identified a problem with local authorities having to increase
rates for 3 Waters, and now you seem to want further increases in
rates to subsidise developers - I did not invent those problems, they
are all NAct1st!
You have identified nothing of the sort - the costs have not changed, they are
exactly what they were before. The only change is how they are managed, much
more democratically now.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
You appalling piece of abusive garbage, it is you that is losing your ability
to control your shit, not me.
Tony
to control your shit, not me.
Rich80105
2024-07-05 22:14:53 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
What Co-governance happened during the years of Labour-led government,
Tony?
3 waters you fool.
It did not happen . . .
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
You are possibly thinking of some of the settlements under
National and Chris Finlayson. What destruction of democracy? Did you
vote in the election that resulted in the NAct1st government that we
now have? So no you didn't even get to the start line for identifying
any fuckups - or are you claiming that it is all John Keys fault?
You rude prick - stop your abuse and keep to topic. You know what I was
referring to and yet you lie again and again.
I was referring to the justifiable pride the Key Government, and
Finlayson in particular, took from treaty settlements based on
co-governance (to use the term that he used)
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Co-governance have little or nothing to do with resource consenting
process for new housing - at least in most Councils. Why did you think
Co-governance is at all relevant? I don't recall the Minister
referring to that issue? Are you trying to distract from the real
problems with the recent announcements?
There are no problems, you have identified none.
I have identified a problem with local authorities having to increase
rates for 3 Waters, and now you seem to want further increases in
rates to subsidise developers - I did not invent those problems, they
are all NAct1st!
You have identified nothing of the sort - the costs have not changed, they are
exactly what they were before. The only change is how they are managed, much
more democratically now.
Many local authorities have reached or are close to reaching their
debt limits - set by government, but also set to avoid default should
ratepayers not be able to meet those costs. The Government have given
no indication that they will allow increased borrowing even if
Councils wanted to have an increased limit.
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Try reading that comment again, and reflect on it, Tony. Perhaps if
you have half a mind to be abusive, that is all you need . . .
Tony
2024-07-05 22:49:04 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Otherwise all Bishop is doing is yet another flip flop on the similar
rule changes under Labour where they allowed higher density in cities
- and from commentary so far it will allow dwellings that are less
safe - being a developer is likely to get extremely risky . . .
No the government is trying to fix the fuckups by the last government. Simple.
What fuckups?
Co-governance, AKA destruction of democracy by stealth. Plus several more but
that one is sufficient.
What Co-governance happened during the years of Labour-led government,
Tony?
3 waters you fool.
It did not happen . . .
Only becsuae we stopped it - it was planned and that is sufficient.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
You are possibly thinking of some of the settlements under
National and Chris Finlayson. What destruction of democracy? Did you
vote in the election that resulted in the NAct1st government that we
now have? So no you didn't even get to the start line for identifying
any fuckups - or are you claiming that it is all John Keys fault?
You rude prick - stop your abuse and keep to topic. You know what I was
referring to and yet you lie again and again.
I was referring to the justifiable pride the Key Government, and
Finlayson in particular, took from treaty settlements based on
co-governance (to use the term that he used)
There was no co-governance, it was co-management and you know that.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
The cost has not imcreased - listen to your brain for once.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
You are abusive, you have always been it is in your DNA.
Rich80105
2024-07-06 03:57:51 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Now if you have "The Answer" for building all this new development at
higher interest rates than government can borrow at then do let us
know Tony, but it does seem that Government are saying that local
bodies just have to get on with it and make 30 years development land
able to be rezoned to give Developers a choice of where to expand . .
. so if you were a local body Councilor what would you do, Tony?
You are a fool, you think you can move the goalposts - you cannot, The fact is
the cost is the cost and we all have to pay for it. All else is rhetoric.
The Government have said that "all of us" does not include them - they
have other priorities for money.
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
You are possibly thinking of some of the settlements under
National and Chris Finlayson. What destruction of democracy? Did you
vote in the election that resulted in the NAct1st government that we
now have? So no you didn't even get to the start line for identifying
any fuckups - or are you claiming that it is all John Keys fault?
You rude prick - stop your abuse and keep to topic. You know what I was
referring to and yet you lie again and again.
I was referring to the justifiable pride the Key Government, and
Finlayson in particular, took from treaty settlements based on
co-governance (to use the term that he used)
There was no co-governance, it was co-management and you know that.
Are you calling Chris Finlayson and John Key liars? That was the term
that they used.
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Tony
2024-07-06 06:36:25 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Now if you have "The Answer" for building all this new development at
higher interest rates than government can borrow at then do let us
know Tony, but it does seem that Government are saying that local
bodies just have to get on with it and make 30 years development land
able to be rezoned to give Developers a choice of where to expand . .
. so if you were a local body Councilor what would you do, Tony?
You are a fool, you think you can move the goalposts - you cannot, The fact is
the cost is the cost and we all have to pay for it. All else is rhetoric.
The Government have said that "all of us" does not include them - they
have other priorities for money.
You are being idiotic. The government only has one source of money and that is
"all of us"
The cost of water reform has not changed, Period.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
You are possibly thinking of some of the settlements under
National and Chris Finlayson. What destruction of democracy? Did you
vote in the election that resulted in the NAct1st government that we
now have? So no you didn't even get to the start line for identifying
any fuckups - or are you claiming that it is all John Keys fault?
You rude prick - stop your abuse and keep to topic. You know what I was
referring to and yet you lie again and again.
I was referring to the justifiable pride the Key Government, and
Finlayson in particular, took from treaty settlements based on
co-governance (to use the term that he used)
There was no co-governance, it was co-management and you know that.
Are you calling Chris Finlayson and John Key liars? That was the term
that they used.
Used wrongly, as you well know and have had it explained to you so many times
you are now being ridiculous.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Rich80105
2024-07-03 02:50:43 UTC
On Tue, 2 Jul 2024 21:04:54 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Perhaps my attempt to soften the criticism confused you Tony. People
are going to die as a result of these decisions, Tony - do you not
care about that?
Tony
2024-07-03 08:10:46 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
No they are not going to die because of any of those decisions. You are an
appalling creature - it is you that cares not at all.
Rich80105
2024-07-03 09:47:12 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Not what is says here:
https://www.bikeauckland.org.nz/listen-to-aucklands-children-and-keep-safe-speed-limits/

or in the article above about higher rates of hospital admissions for
those that cannot afford to collect prescriptions.
Tony
2024-07-03 20:06:44 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Unsupported politicking.
Post by Rich80105
or in the article above about higher rates of hospital admissions for
those that cannot afford to collect prescriptions.
Not true - there is no increase in prescription charges. The reduction was
never applied - and you know it.
Gordon
2024-07-04 05:08:15 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
So that is the bike folks avocating through a Stuff article. Certainly
double bias.
Rich80105
2024-07-04 05:45:11 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Have you any evidence that higher speeds do not lead to more severe
injuries in the event of an accident?
Tony
2024-07-04 06:53:50 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
That is not the issue, the degree of speed is the issue as is the balance
between freedom and consequences - obviously.
Rich80105
2024-07-04 08:08:40 UTC
On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 06:53:50 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
And parents are concerned that higher speeds near schools may well
mean that an accident kills or severely injures more often than at
lower speeds. So your freedom to speed conflicts with a childs
freedom to live . . .
Tony
2024-07-04 20:04:04 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
I don;t believe in freedom to speed you half wit. I did not say that. You are a
sociopathic misfit and belong in a gulag.
Rich80105
2024-07-05 01:00:28 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
There you are going off track again. Clearly a higher speed limit
enables you freedom to increase your speed within that new limit Tony
- and if an accident happens with a car driving at a higher speed,
injuries are likely to be worse than an accident involving lower
speeds.
Tony
2024-07-05 02:36:18 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Well done, you finally stopped deliberately changing my meaning - you have now
put into words eaxtly what I wrote. Excellent.
The balance is, as in all things, the issue - not silly and offensive absolutes
like "freedom to speed conflicts with a childs freedom to live" That was an
appalling piece of abuse by you and you know it - that is what happens when you
lose. We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
Rich80105
2024-07-05 03:37:12 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
When children get knocked down by a vehicle they can die.
Post by Tony
We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, "Right", Tony?
Tony
2024-07-05 07:05:27 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Yes and when people go for a swim in the sea they can die. You are still
ignoring the truth - you are so dishonest. If we want to stop all children
dying from accidents then we need to stop all vehicles, close all roads,
prevent swiming in the sea, not allow kids to climb ablve 1m from the ground.
You really are digging yourself into a hole. It is balance, it is always
balance, do you get it now?
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?
Above line- grammar corrected.
No yours, you supported the last government which did exactly the same - don't
you remember 3 waters? Of course you don't - how convenient.
Rich80105
2024-07-05 22:22:33 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?
Above line- grammar corrected.
No yours, you supported the last government which did exactly the same - don't
you remember 3 waters? Of course you don't - how convenient.
Tony, I object to your deliberate deception in part of my post. For
the record, I said:
"And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, "Right", Tony?"

And the people that would agree with me would include the Mayor of
Auckland and other local politicians of various political viewpoints
that have worked hard to get agreement from local citizens on what
happens in their local area.
Tony
2024-07-05 22:50:54 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?
Above line- grammar corrected.
No yours, you supported the last government which did exactly the same - don't
you remember 3 waters? Of course you don't - how convenient.
Tony, I object to your deliberate deception in part of my post. For
"And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?"
Above grammar now corrected.
Post by Rich80105
And the people that would agree with me would include the Mayor of
Auckland and other local politicians of various political viewpoints
that have worked hard to get agreement from local citizens on what
happens in their local area.
The last government did exactly the same thing - see above. All governments
dictate, it is their job on occasion.
Rich80105
Tony
2024-07-06 06:37:32 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?
Above line- grammar corrected.
No yours, you supported the last government which did exactly the same - don't
you remember 3 waters? Of course you don't - how convenient.
Tony, I object to your deliberate deception in part of my post. For
"And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?"
Above grammar now corrected.
Indeed.
Too late - I fixed it you failed again.
Rich80105
2024-07-07 00:49:12 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
We balance lives with freedoms every day. and that is all I meant.
And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, right, Tony?
Above line- grammar corrected.
No yours, you supported the last government which did exactly the same - don't
you remember 3 waters? Of course you don't - how convenient.
Tony, I object to your deliberate deception in part of my post. For
"And the government is over-ruling local councils with their "we have
decided and we will tell local people what they must decide"
arrogance. Your sort of people, 'far far rabid Right', Tony?"
And the people that would agree with me would include the Mayor of
Auckland and other local politicians of various political viewpoints
that have worked hard to get agreement from local citizens on what
happens in their local area.
The last government did exactly the same thing - see above. All governments
dictate, it is their job on occasion.
No, the last government did consult, and more importantly listened and
acted - see a letter to the current Minister here:
https://x.com/GreaterAKL/status/1809350523713384854/photo/1
Tony
2024-07-07 01:20:36 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
[...]
Only when it suited, they also dictated and mandated on several occasions on
several matters. You are lying. How can you be so transparently immoral?
BR
2024-07-04 05:55:06 UTC
Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st -...
How much do you value your freedom Rich80105?

Bill.
https://www.avg.com
Rich80105
2024-07-04 06:09:18 UTC
Post by BR
Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st -...
How much do you value your freedom Rich80105?
Bill.
Quite highly, BR.

There was a lot of discussion about "freedom" during the height of the
Covid pandemic - this was one of the short items circulated at that
time:

Welcome to the Freedom Cafe

We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask.
And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to
make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to
follow as they prepare and serve your food.

We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom,
but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or
may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell
them what to do.

We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to
165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have
seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is fine and we
do not want to encroach on their beliefs.

Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no
reason that a healthy person with clean hands can't touch your food.
We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean.

Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we
allow our dishwashing team to decide how they'd prefer to wash the
silverware you will put in your mouth. Some of you may get sick, but
almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you'll agree that
it's a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being
told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping
strangers healthy.

Kathony Jerauld
Amador City
_____________________________________

I suspect many people would hope that government policies can lead to
a reduction of the numbers who need hospital services - not an
increase in those numbers.

How much do you value essential services not being swamped, BR?
Gordon
2024-07-03 00:50:04 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Our hospitals are going so well under the new Government that they are
running out of work - so we first have Simeon Brown determined to give
them more work by putting up speed limits that local areas (and
businesses) want kept lower, Now we have the reimposition of
prescription fees that researchers say will put more people in
hospital. Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st - but of course they
may well say they are just facilitating competition - Chemist
Warehouse is big enough to continue offering free prescriptions to
burn off more small chemists - that is presumably "fair competition"
to NAct1st - did Chemist Warehouse make a (carefully not political)
donation to the NZ Taxpayer union?
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/521003/prescription-fees-return-we-re-going-to-see-higher-rates-of-hospital-admissions
And let us remember that the previous Labour Government increased the
hospital loads by mandating the Covid-19 vaccines.

Also speed does not kill, inmcomptent drivers do.
Rich80105
2024-07-03 02:59:57 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Very few New Zealanders were required to be vaccinated; the government
required some public sector employees to be vaccinated - mainly in
emergency services, and they also authorised some non-government
employers to require vaccinations. The vast majority of New Zealanders
were encouraged to be vaccinated but were not required to. As far as I
am aware fewer were required to maintain vaccination by the end of the
last Government, but some were, and I do not believe that has changed
under the new government - which also encourages most people to
maintain vaccination. Far from increasing hospital loads, that
encouragement did result in New Zealand having a much lower proportion
of our population needing hospital treatment than most other countries
- and we also had far fewer deaths as a percentage of population.
Hospital loads have increased recently due to an increasing level of
Covid cases - and it was recently reported that we were having around
5 deaths from Covid each week.
At lower speeds, that incompetence kills fewer people
Crash
2024-07-03 21:40:49 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Our hospitals are going so well under the new Government that they are
running out of work -
That is such an absurd statement - but it reveals the lengths you are
prepared to go to in order to promote anti-government rhetoric.
Post by Rich80105
so we first have Simeon Brown determined to give
them more work by putting up speed limits that local areas (and
businesses) want kept lower,
Where I live, both NZTA and the district council lowered speed limits
against local opposition. The District Council did consult on this
but then ignored the majority of submissions.
Post by Rich80105
Now we have the reimposition of
prescription fees that researchers say will put more people in
hospital.
For those on low incomes (including me now) there is a Community
Services Card available and these exempt cardholders from all
prescription fees (amongst other things).
Post by Rich80105
Another "FreeDumb" policy from NAct1st - but of course they
may well say they are just facilitating competition - Chemist
Warehouse is big enough to continue offering free prescriptions to
burn off more small chemists
More of your worthless political rhetoric - and this time again using
a name-calling tactic typical of young children.

That says a lot about you - clearly more than you realise. You have
to include this stuff because factual rebuttal of government actions
is just not enough for you to post on.

This behaviour is the reason I do not respond to most of your posts.
You are not worth engagement at the level that Tony (in particular)
does.

Perhaps a fact-check is required here. Chemists are required to be
substantially owned by individual qualified pharmacists. Companies
like Chemist Warehouse (and Bargain Chemist, Unichem/Life etc)) are
most often procurement agencies meaning that member pharmacies get
products (including non-subsidised medicines) at a bulk discount
price.

Most prescriptions are for medicines supplied and subsidised by
Pharmac. Chemist Warehouse probably sacrifice the prescription fee on
the basis that impulse or planned purchases of high-margin products in
the same visit offset that loss.

There are other chains such as Unichem/Life, that do not do this. They
clearly think Chemist Warehouse have the wrong strategy.
Post by Rich80105
- that is presumably "fair competition"
to NAct1st - did Chemist Warehouse make a (carefully not political)
donation to the NZ Taxpayer union?
Just pathetic rhetoric.
Crash McBash
Gordon
2024-07-04 05:05:21 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Now we have the reimposition of
prescription fees that researchers say will put more people in
hospital.
For those on low incomes (including me now) there is a Community
Services Card available and these exempt cardholders from all
prescription fees (amongst other things).
People over 65 are exempt the prescription fees and so are the young.