Karen Chhour's release
Gordon
2024-08-08 04:38:52 UTC
Following along from Crash's Performance measures

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/new-performance-measures-oranga-tamariki

“My first and most important priority is to ensure Oranga Tamariki is
relentlessly focused on the safety of children and young people in its
care."

The tone, style of the language on that page is written in first person,
personal. I (the Minister) have this responsibility of a Minister and
this is how we are going to improve things.

Its a part arse kicking, part laying out what is needed and part hope and
encouragement.

No bull and no waffle words. Brief and concise.

What a breath of fresh air.
Tony
2024-08-08 04:53:46 UTC
Post by Gordon
Following along from Crash's Performance measures
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/new-performance-measures-oranga-tamariki
“My first and most important priority is to ensure Oranga Tamariki is
relentlessly focused on the safety of children and young people in its
care."
The tone, style of the language on that page is written in first person,
personal. I (the Minister) have this responsibility of a Minister and
this is how we are going to improve things.
Its a part arse kicking, part laying out what is needed and part hope and
encouragement.
No bull and no waffle words. Brief and concise.
What a breath of fresh air.
A great start. It is sad to note that most of the complaints and criticisms
about the changes required at OT are politically driven and those making them
obviously don't care about the children as much as they do about their own
ambitions.