Maori vs Maori: who is real
Crash
2024-08-04 08:14:34 UTC
So now we get to the real contest: The Maori Party and the Labour
Maori caucus dealing with Maori in ACT and National. It is 'us' vs
'not us' or 'us' vs 'fake Maori'. On one side we have the Maori Party
MPs (both of them) and the Labour Maori Caucus (led by Willie
Jackson), against Karen Chhour, David Seymour and Winston Peters
amongst other Maori that are MPs for National or ACT.

If ever we can see how Maori remain very tribal in some respects this
is it - real Maori cannot be members of National or ACT according to
the Maori Party and Labour.

The reality is that Maori, like those of all other ethnic groups, can
be of equal conviction regardless of political persuasion. Neither
the Maori Party nor Labour can lay claim to be the rightful
representatives of 'Maoridom'.

In NZ, there are some of us who can trace our forbears back to some
Maori, but there are none of us who can trace our forbears back to
Maori exclusively (ie in every generation). So anyone who currently
identifies as Maori is in fact part-Maori. I acknowledge that this is
based on mathematical probability, but I challenge anyone to prove
that anyone who identifies as Maori can trace their forbears as
exclusively descended to Maori of pre-European times.
Crash McBash
Rich80105
2024-08-04 10:41:02 UTC
Post by Crash
[...]
So racial identity may differ from genetic identity and both may have
different political views. I have not heard any suggestion that real
Maori (whatever that means) cannot be members of National or ACT other
than from you above Crash - there have clearly been prominent Maori in
the National Party in the past, and I can not see why that may not be
the case now or in the future, or for ACT. Are you creating artificial
racial divisions for political purposes?

Now some policies may be favoured by some groups and not others, but
that is normal politics. Creating artificial racist arguments is
however generally regarded as not being helpful - the
misinterpretation of the Treaty of Waitangi, and your attempt above to
foment racial divisions relating to representation could be seen in
that way.

I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
2024-08-04 22:05:39 UTC
So racial identity may differ from genetic identity ...
“Race” is not a scientific concept.
Rich80105
2024-08-04 23:05:38 UTC
On Sun, 4 Aug 2024 22:05:39 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro
So racial identity may differ from genetic identity ...
“Race” is not a scientific concept.
Certainly the word is often mis-used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)
Crash
2024-08-04 22:41:14 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
[...]
Not me, but Willie Jackson clearly has on several occasions. This is
not about racial division but about some Maori suggesting violent
Post by Rich80105
Now some policies may be favoured by some groups and not others, but
that is normal politics. Creating artificial racist arguments is
however generally regarded as not being helpful - the
misinterpretation of the Treaty of Waitangi, and your attempt above to
foment racial divisions relating to representation could be seen in
that way.
None of which has anything to do with this thread.
Post by Rich80105
I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Irrelevant. This is not about you, it is purely about Maori MPs
denigrating other Maori MPs in Parliament.

Now I am not going to bother to provide cites Rich. That requires
time and effort on my behalf which is a waste of time with you.
Crash McBash
Crash
2024-08-05 20:02:56 UTC
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Irrelevant. This is not about you, it is purely about Maori MPs
denigrating other Maori MPs in Parliament.
Now I am not going to bother to provide cites Rich. That requires
time and effort on my behalf which is a waste of time with you.
Not a cite but:

https://tinyurl.com/2b7zz4fb

I hope that the Maori Party and Labour Maori MPs in particular, are
shown this article and read it.
Crash McBash
Rich80105
Rich80105
2024-08-05 21:09:43 UTC
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Irrelevant. This is not about you, it is purely about Maori MPs
denigrating other Maori MPs in Parliament.
Now I am not going to bother to provide cites Rich. That requires
time and effort on my behalf which is a waste of time with you.
https://tinyurl.com/2b7zz4fb
I hope that the Maori Party and Labour Maori MPs in particular, are
shown this article and read it.
In any other context, Tony would respond to your post by accusing you
of being "Off-Topic!" which is his go-to defence when he needs to
avoid fair discussion. I suspect however that your post was a
deliberate attempt to create a conversation in which that sort of
partisan political attack could be used. The article by Heather Roy
does demonstrate the hypocrisy of the ACT support for "Free Speech!" -
supported to enable them to excuse just those sort of political
attacks that she was herself demonstrating - while trying to shut down
legitimate differences in political views that relate to the removal
of a clause that deals specifically with Maori. Heather Roy is
effectively trying to shut down legitimate arguments against the
removal of that clause, which is in itself specifically linked to the
well-being of Maori people - in other words she is trying to deny free
speech.

Sorry Crash, try to find a defender of Karen Chour from elsewhere -
they do exist, but she is being criticised for not, as a Minister of
the Crown, considering the implications of, and justifying the
readily projected detrimental effects of divisive policies she is
being asked to push through that will damage a particular group of New
Zealanders who just happen to be Maori.

ACT is one of the most authoritarian political parties; while
pretending to hold liberal ideals. Heather Roy comes from before that
artificial affectation, but regardless she cannot be regarded as an
independent commentator.
Gordon
2024-08-05 23:40:29 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Irrelevant. This is not about you, it is purely about Maori MPs
denigrating other Maori MPs in Parliament.
Now I am not going to bother to provide cites Rich. That requires
time and effort on my behalf which is a waste of time with you.
https://tinyurl.com/2b7zz4fb
I hope that the Maori Party and Labour Maori MPs in particular, are
shown this article and read it.
In any other context, Tony would respond to your post by accusing you
of being "Off-Topic!" which is his go-to defence when he needs to
avoid fair discussion.
1) Really, okay, what the heck has Tony's response go to do the topic?
Post by Rich80105
I suspect however that your post was a
deliberate attempt to create a conversation in which that sort of
partisan political attack could be used.
What a conclusion jump.
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Incorrect again. It is the Maori Party, Greens and Labour Party which
are authoritian in relation to ACT, National and NZF.
independent commentator.
Rich80105
2024-08-06 00:44:44 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Irrelevant. This is not about you, it is purely about Maori MPs
denigrating other Maori MPs in Parliament.
Now I am not going to bother to provide cites Rich. That requires
time and effort on my behalf which is a waste of time with you.
https://tinyurl.com/2b7zz4fb
I hope that the Maori Party and Labour Maori MPs in particular, are
shown this article and read it.
In any other context, Tony would respond to your post by accusing you
of being "Off-Topic!" which is his go-to defence when he needs to
avoid fair discussion.
1) Really, okay, what the heck has Tony's response go to do the topic?
He is a frequent poster to nz.general that finds many responses to
threads to be Off topic - sufficiently often that it is possible he
uses that claim as an attempt to deflect discussion from facts that
are uncomfortable to him.
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
I suspect however that your post was a
deliberate attempt to create a conversation in which that sort of
partisan political attack could be used.
What a conclusion jump.
Not a conclusion at all - just a suspicion . . .
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
I acknowledge your right to hold views that I do not agree with. The
Maori Party, Green Party and Labour Party are authoritative, but the
also less authoritarian than the coalition parties.
independent commentator.
Tony
2024-08-06 01:28:27 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Possible but not accurate. I use them because you deliberately go off topic -
exactly as you have done here - and for the cowardly reason that YOU have
nothing of value to say on the topic. Pots and kettles have nothing on you.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
I suspect however that your post was a
deliberate attempt to create a conversation in which that sort of
partisan political attack could be used.
What a conclusion jump.
Not a conclusion at all - just a suspicion . . .
Baseless.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Incorrect but a view that you alwya lie about.
independent commentator.
Rich80105
2024-08-06 02:46:05 UTC
On Tue, 6 Aug 2024 01:28:27 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
So provide evidence to refute this:
https://www.politicalcompass.org/nz2023

I accept that the "Libertarian" position of ACT on this chart is what
they now pretend to be, but the evidence now is that ACT as part of
government is rigidly controlled in terms of actual decision making -
it is totally captured by the Atlas Network, which also has support
from cabinet ministers in National and NZ First. If you look at the
similar charts for earlier years, you will see that the Labour Party
has been moving steadily to the right as all three of the current
coalition parties have moved to the right. The pretence at being
""Libertarian enables them to foster far right nutters to influence
various zealots to spread distrust in government and support for
privatisation.
Post by Tony
independent commentator.
Crash
2024-08-06 03:26:10 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
That is as you cite above, but the accuracy of the politicalcompass
website has long been disputed. You repeat this ad nauseam because it
suits your political rhetoric.
Post by Rich80105
but the evidence now is that ACT as part of
government is rigidly controlled in terms of actual decision making -
it is totally captured by the Atlas Network, which also has support
from cabinet ministers in National and NZ First. If you look at the
similar charts for earlier years, you will see that the Labour Party
has been moving steadily to the right as all three of the current
coalition parties have moved to the right. The pretence at being
""Libertarian enables them to foster far right nutters to influence
various zealots to spread distrust in government and support for
privatisation.
Lies repeated are still lies. You cannot produce a cite in support of
a linkage between any NZ political party and the Atlas Network - you
rely solely on innuendo.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
Crash McBash
Tony
2024-08-06 03:49:07 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Post by Rich80105
[...]
A site with no credentials and no history of value - in fact politically biased.
And your cowardly and idiotic practice or answering the wrong post is stll part
of your arsenal of abuse.
Post by Tony
independent commentator.
Crash
2024-08-06 00:46:37 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Crash
Post by Crash
Post by Rich80105
I can remember people in my family that identified as British - as
indeed they were for most of their lives; generally those born in New
Zealand post war identify as New Zealanders. Does it matter?
Irrelevant. This is not about you, it is purely about Maori MPs
denigrating other Maori MPs in Parliament.
Now I am not going to bother to provide cites Rich. That requires
time and effort on my behalf which is a waste of time with you.
https://tinyurl.com/2b7zz4fb
I hope that the Maori Party and Labour Maori MPs in particular, are
shown this article and read it.
In any other context, Tony would respond to your post by accusing you
of being "Off-Topic!" which is his go-to defence when he needs to
avoid fair discussion.
Your irrelevant conjecture is noted. Did you not have something
relevant to say?
Post by Rich80105
I suspect however that your post was a
deliberate attempt to create a conversation in which that sort of
partisan political attack could be used.
See above.
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Your ignorance and inability to comprehend what someone says because
they are from the wrong party is demonstrated again. Your repeated
lies about ACT and National are laughable and have been demolished
with rational logic before, but you continue to repeat them.

The fact is that Roy speaks the truth that you cannot ever handle. The
fact that Roy is a past ACT MP is relevant, but your failure to
demolish (even mention) and rational logic to refute what she has said
speaks volumes of your bias. Character assassination, of both people
and party, is all you have.
--
Crash McBash