No fucking wonder: "Devastating" decline in religious practice among young Poles!
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
2024-06-19 22:51:59 UTC
https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/01/03/devastating-decline-in-religious-practice-among-young-poles-says-catholic-primate/
Rich80105
2024-06-19 23:58:10 UTC
On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 22:51:59 +0000 (UTC), Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Post by Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/01/03/devastating-decline-in-religious-practice-among-young-poles-says-catholic-primate/
Replied only to nz.general.

less than half New Zealanders profess to have a religion, but we
probably have a few who would like to copy this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/19/us/louisiana-ten-commandments-classrooms.html
BR
2024-06-21 06:45:34 UTC
Post by Rich80105
On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 22:51:59 +0000 (UTC), Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Post by Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/01/03/devastating-decline-in-religious-practice-among-young-poles-says-catholic-primate/
Replied only to nz.general.
less than half New Zealanders profess to have a religion, but we
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/19/us/louisiana-ten-commandments-classrooms.html
You have a religion though, don't you Rich80105?

Your religion is politics. Politicians and government are the highest
authority you recognise.

Your religion has both a god and a devil.

You believe everything your god tells you as a matter of faith, not
fact, and you despise your devil and all his works.

Your "god" is served by Labour and green politicians, and your "devil"
has captivated National and ACT politicians, and you have a duty to
hate them.

Explain how that's incorrect.

Bill
https://www.avg.com
Rich80105
2024-06-21 23:06:33 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 22:51:59 +0000 (UTC), Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
Post by Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/01/03/devastating-decline-in-religious-practice-among-young-poles-says-catholic-primate/
Replied only to nz.general.
less than half New Zealanders profess to have a religion, but we
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/19/us/louisiana-ten-commandments-classrooms.html
You have a religion though, don't you Rich80105?
I have religious beliefs, yes - Quite traditional, but I am not a
member of any organised religious group.
Post by BR
Your religion is politics. Politicians and government are the highest
authority you recognise.
Your religion has both a god and a devil.
You believe everything your god tells you as a matter of faith, not
fact, and you despise your devil and all his works.
Your "god" is served by Labour and green politicians, and your "devil"
has captivated National and ACT politicians, and you have a duty to
hate them.
Explain how that's incorrect.
Bill
It is incorrect because you do not know me, and you are wrong in each
of those statements. I am thankful that I do not know you, BR.
BR
2024-06-22 18:32:14 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by BR
Your religion is politics. Politicians and government are the highest
authority you recognise.
Your religion has both a god and a devil.
You believe everything your god tells you as a matter of faith, not
fact, and you despise your devil and all his works.
Your "god" is served by Labour and green politicians, and your "devil"
has captivated National and ACT politicians, and you have a duty to
hate them.
Explain how that's incorrect.
Bill
It is incorrect because you do not know me, and you are wrong in each
of those statements. I am thankful that I do not know you, BR.
OK, I'll concede that maybe "hate" was not the best choice of words.

Perhaps "obsessive aversion" would more accurately describe your
attitude towards anyone who does not bat for Labour's team.

National's greatest weakness is that they are gutless.

What is Labour's greatest weakness?

Bill.
https://www.avg.com
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
2024-07-05 08:28:36 UTC
Post by BR
Your religion has both a god and a devil.
I have seen religions arguing over which “god” is the “true” god, but as
far as I know, they never argue over which “devil” is the “true” devil.
There is only “the” devil. And it seems to be something they can all agree
on.

Interesting thing for all the religions of the world to have in common,
don’t you think?
BR
2024-07-05 20:06:03 UTC
On Fri, 5 Jul 2024 08:28:36 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Post by BR
Your religion has both a god and a devil.
I have seen religions arguing over which “god” is the “true” god, but as
far as I know, they never argue over which “devil” is the “true” devil.
There is only “the” devil. And it seems to be something they can all agree
on.
Interesting thing for all the religions of the world to have in common,
don’t you think?
The highest authority recognised by people who do not believe in God
is a bunch of politicians.

The highest authority recognised by politicians who do not believe in
God is themselves.

Sound familiar?

Bill.
https://www.avg.com
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
2024-07-06 01:18:08 UTC
The highest authority recognised by people who do not believe in God is
a bunch of politicians.
The highest authority recognized by people who believe in a god is “my
particular brand of god, not yours”.

They point to their particular religious book as “the word of my god”, yet
they disagree, often quite violently, about how to interpret the vague,
empty platitudes that such books are full of. “You are not a true follower
of religion X”, they say to each other, “and this part of the religious
book proves it”. To which the other person replies “you’re interpreting it
wrong”.

Sound familiar?