National won't deal with this guy...
JohnO
2020-03-07 19:13:22 UTC
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119832405/fishing-influence-trawls-deep-into-nz-firsts-past

But Labour do and will, if that's what it takes to grasp power.

Rather instructive of character, don't you think?
John Bowes
2020-03-07 19:36:53 UTC
After reading that I think we need to apologize to Rich for claiming he's a Liebor bot. It now seems he's been supporting Winston Peters NZFraudsters party :)
Tony
2020-03-07 19:40:53 UTC
Post by JohnO
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119832405/fishing-influence-trawls-deep-into-nz-firsts-past
But Labour do and will, if that's what it takes to grasp power.
Rather instructive of character, don't you think?
And this
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119842482/peters-former-adviser-slams-systemic-course-of-conduct-over-donations
Pretty much the same information but a couple of other players.
Rich80105
2020-03-07 23:14:15 UTC
Post by JohnO
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119832405/fishing-influence-trawls-deep-into-nz-firsts-past
But Labour do and will, if that's what it takes to grasp power.
Rather instructive of character, don't you think?
Certainly of the "reporter" who wrote the story. It hasn't changed my
views of Winston Peters at all - after all he is old-style National -
he sells himself as "National with a human face", but he has said
himself that all he knew about party fundraising he learned from
National.

Didn't National give Talley a knighthood?

But we do now that National also have other sources for donations as
well:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/411056/jami-lee-ross-in-parliament-links-national-donations-to-communist-party

What all of it indicates is that we definately need a wide independent
review of donations regulation and political party fundraising;
delivering a much lower opportunity for the sort of corruption we have
seen indicatins of recently, and much better transparency over who is
actually providing money.
John Bowes
2020-03-08 00:39:21 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by JohnO
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/119832405/fishing-influence-trawls-deep-into-nz-firsts-past
But Labour do and will, if that's what it takes to grasp power.
Rather instructive of character, don't you think?
Certainly of the "reporter" who wrote the story. It hasn't changed my
views of Winston Peters at all - after all he is old-style National -
he sells himself as "National with a human face", but he has said
himself that all he knew about party fundraising he learned from
National.
winston Peters is old style bullshit Rich. considering your lack of honesty I'm not surprised you're a fan of the senile old fraudster!
Post by Rich80105
Didn't National give Talley a knighthood?
Probably. But so what? The thread is about the ever deepening pool of shit winston is paddling in!
Post by Rich80105
But we do now that National also have other sources for donations as
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/411056/jami-lee-ross-in-parliament-links-national-donations-to-communist-party
Again. So what! Got any evidence of wrong doing report it to the SFO with evidence. We don't care because the threads about the fraudster Winston Peters! If you want talk about National start a thread about them rather than doing your usual stupid trick of desperately trying to change the topic to defend the indefensible!
Post by Rich80105
What all of it indicates is that we definately need a wide independent
review of donations regulation and political party fundraising;
delivering a much lower opportunity for the sort of corruption we have
seen indicatins of recently, and much better transparency over who is
actually providing money.
What is needed is a PM who has the guts to stand down EVERY NZF mp now till the party is cleared!

A simple solution would be that ALL political donations are open by having everyone who donates listed with no secret donations.