How inconvenient
Tony
2024-08-01 19:59:25 UTC
For the climate alarmists. It appears that the Arctic sea ice continues to
increase, despiote the desires of those who believe there is a climate
emergency.
https://x.com/wideawake_media/status/1818623888852660356?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1818623888852660356%7Ctwgr%5Ecf270d8c82230575730fd38e210b1d75a4c07507%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwaikanaewatch.org%2F
Rich80105
2024-08-01 21:34:52 UTC
On Thu, 1 Aug 2024 19:59:25 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
For the climate alarmists. It appears that the Arctic sea ice continues to
increase, despiote the desires of those who believe there is a climate
emergency.
https://x.com/wideawake_media/status/1818623888852660356?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1818623888852660356%7Ctwgr%5Ecf270d8c82230575730fd38e210b1d75a4c07507%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwaikanaewatch.org%2F
Thanks for that link Tony; I note it is from 6 months ago - we are
starting to see bigger changes in short period of time, and changes in
the arctic are not the same as in the Antarctic - it does appear that
world climate is changing more rapidly than many had predicted.

One theory has been that the magnetic poles may be shifting, and that
may cause a reversal of currents in the Pacific - potentially leading
to colder temperatures for the UIK and Europe, and warmer temperatures
for New Zealand, but there does not seem to be much discussion on
those changes.
Tony
2024-08-01 22:04:50 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
Notwithstanding those off topic comments, therte is no evidence that the
changes are man made is there?
6 months is less than a single thought in a lifetime of thinking.
Rich80105
2024-08-02 02:47:10 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
Some believe there are, but I suspect it is far less clear than
climate change being influenced by actions of mankind.
But long enough to be a different season of the year . . .
Tony
2024-08-02 03:57:47 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
No scientific proof of either of those has ever been produced in this newsgroup
or anywhere else. Show otherwise of clear off.
Seasonal changes are not part of this discussion and you know it.
Rich80105
They may explain two different results for the two Poles . . .
Tony
No that is incorrect. Provide evidence or shut up.
Gordon
2024-08-03 03:12:16 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
No we are not! Even the oceans are not boiling away, as claimed by some
Climate Emergency chap.

The glaicer in Greenland which was a poster child for the alarmists suddenly
went into advance mode.

More recently the cold air over Antartica has gone into a wobble which is is
affecting the weather.
Rich80105
2024-08-03 04:55:15 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
I have not seen such a claim, but sea water has boiled in exceptional
circumstances - the recent volcanic activity in the Pacific is the
only example I can think of. Certainly however evaporation from seas
is a major source of water content in our atmosphere that eventually
falls as rain - evaporation does not of course require water to be
boiling.
Post by Gordon
The glaicer in Greenland which was a poster child for the alarmists suddenly
went into advance mode.
Our southern glaciers appear to still be retreating - perhaps this is
a further example of what happens near the North Pole being different
at the South Pole.
Post by Gordon
More recently the cold air over Antartica has gone into a wobble which is is
affecting the weather.
And it is hard to identify short term wobbles from longer term trends.

We do however have a reasonable level of consensus about the need for
us to meet the agreed emissions targets relating to Climate Change
within the National, Labour, Green and Te Parti Maori - it is not
clear what ACT or NZ First think, but they are relatively small. That
is good as a lot of Trade depends on our country being seen as
supportive of the Agreement that NZ signed up to :
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/paula-bennett-signs-historic-climate-change-agreement/UBODDVDRZUUVXZTRGL54LARSH4/
Tony
2024-08-03 08:00:19 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Tony
[...]
Nothing to do with climate change or the topic.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
The glaicer in Greenland which was a poster child for the alarmists suddenly
went into advance mode.
Our southern glaciers appear to still be retreating - perhaps this is
a further example of what happens near the North Pole being different
at the South Pole.
It always has been. geez, the climates and geology are completely different.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
More recently the cold air over Antartica has gone into a wobble which is is
affecting the weather.
And it is hard to identify short term wobbles from longer term trends.
What long term trends - do tell!
Post by Rich80105
We do however have a reasonable level of consensus about the need for
us to meet the agreed emissions targets relating to Climate Change
within the National, Labour, Green and Te Parti Maori - it is not
clear what ACT or NZ First think, but they are relatively small. That
is good as a lot of Trade depends on our country being seen as
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/paula-bennett-signs-historic-climate-change-agreement/UBODDVDRZUUVXZTRGL54LARSH4/
There is no agreement that we must keep to, not one!