More on climate change
Tony
2024-07-30 21:33:17 UTC
https://goodoil.news/new-zealand-this-is-climate-deception/
"This faith-based acceptance of man-made global warming is despite two
fundamental facts that confront such extremism.
The first is that with 97 per cent of carbon dioxide produced from natural
sources including oceans,
rocks, and volcanoes, how can human be responsible for dangerous global warming
when only three per cent is produced by mankind?
And second relates to the fact that since the warming effect of our main
greenhouse gases is logarithmic
– which means that as their concentration in the atmosphere increases, their
warming effect diminishes significantly
– how is catastrophic warming even possible?"
"Faith-based acceptance" indeed.
Rich80105
2024-07-30 22:47:22 UTC
On Tue, 30 Jul 2024 21:33:17 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Post by Tony
https://goodoil.news/new-zealand-this-is-climate-deception/
"This faith-based acceptance of man-made global warming is despite two
fundamental facts that confront such extremism.
The first is that with 97 per cent of carbon dioxide produced from natural
sources including oceans,
rocks, and volcanoes, how can human be responsible for dangerous global warming
when only three per cent is produced by mankind?
And second relates to the fact that since the warming effect of our main
greenhouse gases is logarithmic
– which means that as their concentration in the atmosphere increases, their
warming effect diminishes significantly
– how is catastrophic warming even possible?"
"Faith-based acceptance" indeed.
As a follower of Cam Slater you must have extraordinary faith, Tony,
but you are entitled to your religious beliefs. I care more for the
effects of such beliefs on the ability of New Zealand farmers to
survive if international trade for our products reduces, and the cost
of meeting targets in our international agreements, and the higher
cost of not meeting targets.

See
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/523539/significant-risk-delaying-climate-deals-could-cost-five-times-more-simon-watts-told

"Officials have warned Climate Change Minister Simon Watts of a cost
blowout if the government does not get moving on signing international
climate deals.

The 2015 Paris Agreement allows governments and companies to offset
some of their greenhouse gas emissions by paying for work to cut
climate pollutants elsewhere.

To meet its international commitments, the government needs to secure
almost 100 million tonnes of carbon dioxide savings from other
countries before 2030, to top up savings inside the country by
transport, industry and other emitters.

Advice released to RNZ under the Official Information Act said
delaying buying these international offsets until closer to 2030 would
be expected to see the price rise to five times the cost they could be
bought for today."

"But although successive governments since 2015 under John Key have
known New Zealand would need to buy a substantial portion of carbon
savings from overseas in order to meet its 2030 target, no deals have
yet been signed.

The government also has not indicated how it would cover the cost,
which Treasury puts at least $3 billion and possibly up to $23b."

".... the cost of offsets has been put at anywhere between $3b and
$23b by Treasury, depending on the quality of projects, when they were
purchased, and who from."

"Carbon markets expert Dr Christina Hood was involved in the
development of the Paris Agreement trading arrangements.

She said the delay was reckless.

"New Zealand portrays itself as a champion of international markets...
so it is ironic and disappointing that when it comes to actually
following through we're sitting on the sidelines, ignoring our own
best interests.

"It was a negotiating bottom line for New Zealand for these market
arrangements to be in the Paris Agreement. This was in the face of
scepticism from environmental groups and some other countries who
viewed trading as just an excuse to set weak domestic targets," she
said.

"If a country like New Zealand proves those critics right by not
managing this well, that not only damages our own reputation but will
also undermine support for use of markets in international climate
response more broadly." "
Tony
2024-07-31 00:41:11 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
More sarcasm from the biggest idiot in this group and the only person who
believes that sarcasm has a legitimate place in debate. It hasn't.
Post by Rich80105
See
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/523539/significant-risk-delaying-climate-deals-could-cost-five-times-more-simon-watts-told
"Officials have warned Climate Change Minister Simon Watts of a cost
blowout if the government does not get moving on signing international
climate deals.
Nonsense.
Post by Rich80105
The 2015 Paris Agreement allows governments and companies to offset
some of their greenhouse gas emissions by paying for work to cut
climate pollutants elsewhere.
Which is patently absurd.
Post by Rich80105
To meet its international commitments, the government needs to secure
almost 100 million tonnes of carbon dioxide savings from other
countries before 2030, to top up savings inside the country by
transport, industry and other emitters.
No sucj agreements are of value or binding.
Post by Rich80105
Advice released to RNZ under the Official Information Act said
delaying buying these international offsets until closer to 2030 would
be expected to see the price rise to five times the cost they could be
bought for today."
Off topic.
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Total;ly off topic. STart your own thread.