Boris is no longer sure about the Covid lockdowns
Add Reply
Gordon
2024-09-28 21:21:48 UTC
https://dailysceptic.org/2024/09/28/im-not-sure-lockdown-worked-admits-boris-johnson/

Such a pity that this line of thinking had not accorded to him in 2020, as
well as our PM.

Slowly the thruth is adding to the pile of truth.
Rich80105
2024-09-28 21:53:11 UTC
Post by Gordon
https://dailysceptic.org/2024/09/28/im-not-sure-lockdown-worked-admits-boris-johnson/
Such a pity that this line of thinking had not accorded to him in 2020, as
well as our PM.
The problem for Boris was that he did have a party instead of
isolating as is government had asked the rest of the country to do -
you are defending a typical far-right mantra of "do as I say, not what
I do" In reality where they were complied with isolation was our best
defence against Covid before vaccines became available, and our
statistics show that. Where they were large gatherings (and sadly some
of those were Pacifica churches) the rate of infection rose markedly

The reality is that there were indeed two significant waves - with
different variants of the virus, and far enough apart that isolation
was not as strong as it had been.
Post by Gordon
Slowly the thruth is adding to the pile of truth.
That whole website is proud of being devoted to "modified truth" -
just another letter and you could have drawn attention to the site
having as much use as an infection of "thrush" . . .
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
2024-09-28 22:09:06 UTC
Post by Gordon
https://dailysceptic.org/2024/09/28/im-not-sure-lockdown-worked-admits-boris-johnson/
What lockdowns?? The guy was notorious for flouting what rules he did
put in place.

Remember how much better we did, compared to them? Because Ardern was
unflinching in following the scientific advice, and putting strict
lockdowns in place early on, without dithering about like BoJo did.

I think another factor was that we don’t have any Rupert-Murdoch-owned
media trying to cast doubt on science, and trying to discredit
rationality as a “radical left” idea.
Tony
2024-09-28 23:41:24 UTC
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
https://dailysceptic.org/2024/09/28/im-not-sure-lockdown-worked-admits-boris-johnson/
Such a pity that this line of thinking had not accorded to him in 2020, as
well as our PM.
The problem for Boris was that he did have a party instead of
isolating as is government had asked the rest of the country to do -
you are defending a typical far-right mantra of "do as I say, not what
I do" In reality where they were complied with isolation was our best
defence against Covid before vaccines became available, and our
statistics show that. Where they were large gatherings (and sadly some
of those were Pacifica churches) the rate of infection rose markedly
Off topic.
Post by Rich80105
The reality is that there were indeed two significant waves - with
different variants of the virus, and far enough apart that isolation
was not as strong as it had been.
Still off topic.
Post by Rich80105
Post by Gordon
Slowly the thruth is adding to the pile of truth.
That whole website is proud of being devoted to "modified truth" -
just another letter and you could have drawn attention to the site
having as much use as an infection of "thrush" . . .
Your medical conditions have no place here, go see your doctor.