The old peters is still here
2020-09-01 23:33:00 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300097515/election-2020-winston-peters-attacks-governments-coronavirus-response-as-he-relaunches-election-campaign
No friends in government eh?
And he is right this time.
Crash
2020-09-02 03:36:37 UTC
On Tue, 01 Sep 2020 18:33:00 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300097515/election-2020-winston-peters-attacks-governments-coronavirus-response-as-he-relaunches-election-campaign
No friends in government eh?
And he is right this time.
Winston may be factually correct in what he says, but everything the
Government did was approved by him as Deputy PM. How he thinks that
he can get away with this utter hypocrisy amuses me. He was there
when the government failed as he says. He promotes NZF as the
handbrake on Labour incompetence. Too late now to pull up the
handbrake on the COVID19 pandemic management of the past.

Oh I forgot - we have an election coming up. Winston is now
manufacturing a controversy to his own advantage.

2020-09-02 03:43:43 UTC
Post by Tony
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300097515/election-2020-winston-peters-attacks-governments-coronavirus-response-as-he-relaunches-election-campaign
No friends in government eh?
And he is right this time.
Winston may be factually correct in what he says, but everything the
Government did was approved by him as Deputy PM. How he thinks that
he can get away with this utter hypocrisy amuses me. He was there
when the government failed as he says. He promotes NZF as the
handbrake on Labour incompetence. Too late now to pull up the
handbrake on the COVID19 pandemic management of the past.
Oh I forgot - we have an election coming up. Winston is now
manufacturing a controversy to his own advantage.
He is probably been the best at that in our political environment in at least
the last 50 years.
He is wily and smart but don't ask me to like him.
John Bowes
Well put Tony. Pity Rich will phoo phoo it because he's part of the government he can see nothing wrong with....... :)
Rich80105
2020-09-02 09:40:32 UTC
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 21:49:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by Tony
[...]
Nobody has asked Tony to like Winston, and it is not likely that
anyone ever will. In many ways, Tony and Winston are very much alike -
for both all discussions are about him . . .
Post by John Bowes
Well put Tony. Pity Rich will phoo phoo it because he's part of the government he can see nothing wrong with....... :)
What a load of crap, JohnBowes - I have never said I see nothing wrong
with the government (or with things the government does or does not
do). The government has been a lot better than the previous
Key/English governments however, and that is something NEw Zeaand is
very thankful for as we head to another election.
John Bowes
2020-09-02 11:01:10 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
Your confused Rich. YOU are a Winston wanabee not Tony!
Well put Tony. Pity Rich will phoo phoo it because he's part of the government he can see nothing wrong with....... :)
What a load of crap, JohnBowes - I have never said I see nothing wrong
with the government (or with things the government does or does not
do). The government has been a lot better than the previous
Key/English governments however,
Now there's a Tui add if ever I saw one Rich. Your favourites couldn't build anywhere near the 12,000 KiwiBuild houses they promised, mental health is still a shambles, KiwiRail has cost something like $10 billion to date and they keep changing the covid 19 rules every couple of days! National could have done a lot better but they're still achieved a shit load more n their first term than the current corruption riddled shambles Winston foisted on us!
We'll know that shortly Rich. Going by the shambles they're continuing to make of covid 19 Nationals chances are looking better and better :)
George
2020-09-02 20:15:16 UTC
On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 04:01:10 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 21:49:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 3:43:50 PM UTC+12,
Post by Rich80105
and that is something NEw Zeaand is
very thankful for as we head to another election.
We'll know that shortly Rich. Going by the shambles they're
continuing to make of covid 19 Nationals chances are looking better
and better :)
And the much vaunted rail link between Hamilton and Auckland will be
delayed until some time next year because the rails near Auckland need
replacing... then the article went on about 'a high speed link'
100kph aint in any way a 'high speed' on rail..

And the train only goes to Papakura...
2020-09-02 20:41:35 UTC
[...]
Non sequitur nonsense
Post by Rich80105
, and it is not likely that
anyone ever will. In many ways, Tony and Winston are very much alike -
for both all discussions are about him . . .
You pathetic loser, none of my discussions are about me. Yours however are
always either lies or innuendo when you are able to control your abusiveness, I
note that today you were not able to control it.
Rich is always the first to be abusive in any discussion he damages, and
damaging discussions is his primary motive.