Good Results again
2020-01-18 02:31:06 UTC
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/govt-accounts-surplus-debt-remains-low
Gordon
2020-01-18 02:48:06 UTC
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/govt-accounts-surplus-debt-remains-low
Nothing less than what one should expect. So it is not good news.

Blame it on the climate emergency.
Rich80105
2020-01-18 04:42:06 UTC
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/govt-accounts-surplus-debt-remains-low
Nothing less than what one should expect. So it is not good news.
Blame it on the climate emergency.
The surplus represents better than expected profits for businesses,
low debt means prudent management (not running up huge debt creating
liabilities for the future as the previous government did) - and also
more money to provide more for New Zealanders. But you are right, it
is what we should be able to expect, and had years of not getting
under the previous Nat-led governments
Tony
2020-01-18 05:20:12 UTC
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/govt-accounts-surplus-debt-remains-low
Nothing less than what one should expect. So it is not good news.
Blame it on the climate emergency.
The surplus represents better than expected profits for businesses,
low debt means prudent management (not running up huge debt creating
liabilities for the future as the previous government did) - and also
more money to provide more for New Zealanders. But you are right, it
is what we should be able to expect, and had years of not getting
under the previous Nat-led governments
Several lies there and a totally incompetent understanding of the pressures
that the previous government had no choice but to weather.
John Bowes
It's the GOVERNMENT surplus you moron! Has nothing to do with business success or failure! Just shows how well the pack of useless buggers Winston bequeathed us has pushed up taxes and fees without giving us suckers an even break. Besides the fools in the current government don't have to pay for the foolishness of a preceding Labour government or get us through a world wide recession and three major earthquakes! But then typical of you Rich you NEVER let inconvenient facts get in the way of your propaganda efforts!
Crash
2020-01-19 04:30:47 UTC
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/govt-accounts-surplus-debt-remains-low
I agree that this is a good result.
Nothing less than what one should expect. So it is not good news.
Blame it on the climate emergency.
The surplus represents better than expected profits for businesses,
low debt means prudent management (not running up huge debt creating
liabilities for the future as the previous government did) - and also
more money to provide more for New Zealanders. But you are right, it
is what we should be able to expect, and had years of not getting
under the previous Nat-led governments
None of which is mentioned in the article you cited. You continue to
use any positive results that the current government has produced to
inaccurately slight previous governments. Your motivation seems to be
that anti-National rhetoric trumps (no pun intended) Labour-led
government successes.

2020-01-18 02:53:27 UTC
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/govt-accounts-surplus-debt-remains-low
As Gordon implied.. The government simply doing what we pay them for. Anything
less would be more incompetence.
Just like the last government did when you allow for the massive unexpected
costs they faced resulting from earthquakes and such.
Straw clutching at its best.