Another fail for Labour?
2021-04-20 19:13:26 UTC
Yeah I know Keith n'Rich they haven't even told us what they're planning. Unlike you two I'm going by Labours track record. But reading this it looks a lot like Labour heading for another cock up!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/124898118/government-to-announce-shape-of-nzs-reformed-health-system-possible-powers-for-new-mori-health-authority
George Black
2021-04-20 20:02:27 UTC
Yeah I know Keith n'Rich they haven't even told us what they're planning. Unlike you two I'm going by Labours track record. But reading this it looks a lot like Labour heading for another cock up!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/124898118/government-to-announce-shape-of-nzs-reformed-health-system-possible-powers-for-new-mori-health-authority
Sadly they're trying to claim Maori have earlier deaths than Europeans.
And its all medicines fault.
How long will this go on before the crazies admit that aging has to do
with genetics and environment.
And our current health system that has so far treated any and all my
ailments
Certain Greek island populations live into their late 90s
John Bowes
2021-04-20 21:57:29 UTC
Yeah I know Keith n'Rich they haven't even told us what they're planning. Unlike you two I'm going by Labours track record. But reading this it looks a lot like Labour heading for another cock up!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/124898118/government-to-announce-shape-of-nzs-reformed-health-system-possible-powers-for-new-mori-health-authority
Sadly they're trying to claim Maori have earlier deaths than Europeans.
And its all medicines fault.
How long will this go on before the crazies admit that aging has to do
with genetics and environment.
And our current health system that has so far treated any and all my
ailments
Certain Greek island populations live into their late 90s
But doing away with all 20 DHBs? Totalitarian or Technocratic (if you're Keith) government writ large!
I'll be interested to see just how effective an apartheid health system is going to change things for Maori.....
James Christophers
2021-04-21 01:35:34 UTC
But doing away with all 20 DHBs?
The new Health NZ will have four regional divisions each with district offices. This will delegate authority to local levels so regional services have a say in what they need and how they work.
James Christophers
2021-04-21 02:25:33 UTC
Yeah I know Keith n'Rich they haven't even told us what they're planning. Unlike you two I'm going by Labours track record. But reading this it looks a lot like Labour heading for another cock up!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/124898118/government-to-announce-shape-of-nzs-reformed-health-system-possible-powers-for-new-mori-health-authority
Sadly they're trying to claim Maori have earlier deaths than Europeans.
And its all medicines fault.
How long will this go on before the crazies admit that aging has to do
with genetics and environment.
In part only.
Post by George Black
And our current health system that has so far treated any and all my
ailments
Certain Greek island populations live into their late 90s
Throughout the Med, very low meat intake and benign vegetable oils have always been the traditional staples. But here...?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/12/santorini-greece-donkeys-overweight-tourists-animal-welfare

Closer to home, a few weeks back, the fat Kiwi chef (dunno his name) did a TVNZ1 series about him trying to lose weight. It was pretty lame stuff, poorly scripted with production values not unexpectedly few and far between. But what really sticks in the mind, and for every wrong reason you can think of, was that every ad-break featured either KFC or MacDonald's outdoing each other to stuff even more of their grease, salt and sugar into the fat chef's audience of slump-gut couch-whales.