NZ Medical Practitioners peddle fake news
2020-12-27 02:45:14 UTC
Sad to see the NZ College of Medical Practitioners peddling such
trash:
https://www.publish.csiro.au/HC/pdf/HC20132

For a commentary on this outdated shallow thinking:
https://sciblogs.co.nz/lately-in-science/2020/12/24/christmas-without-lockdowns-despite-contrary-views/
John Bowes
2020-12-27 06:43:12 UTC
Sad to see the NZ College of Medical Practitioners peddling such
https://www.publish.csiro.au/HC/pdf/HC20132
https://sciblogs.co.nz/lately-in-science/2020/12/24/christmas-without-lockdowns-despite-contrary-views/
The only fake news is your response to fair comments from medical professionals Rich!
The rebuttal in your second link suggests you're still pushing the story that ardern's government can never make mistakes and as long as we keep singing koombahla all will be okay. In fact several of Dr. O'Connor's comments suggest her main problem with the 'letter' is it didn't have the moderating influence of a women. Suggest that you and the government are quite happy to push fake news rather than address real issues!
Gordon
I have to say that you have done a wonderful conlusion jump there.
Firu
2020-12-27 19:06:24 UTC
Sad to see the NZ College of Medical Practitioners peddling such
https://www.publish.csiro.au/HC/pdf/HC20132
https://sciblogs.co.nz/lately-in-science/2020/12/24/christmas-without-lockdowns-despite-contrary-views/
The only fake news is your response to fair comments from medical professionals Rich!
The rebuttal in your second link suggests you're still pushing the story that ardern's government can never make mistakes and as long as we keep singing koombahla all will be okay. In fact several of Dr. O'Connor's comments suggest her main problem with the 'letter' is it didn't have the moderating influence of a women. Suggest that you and the government are quite happy to push fake news rather than address real issues!
Yeah, that's a jump too far. Such a big jump I can't see how you got there.

The quacks paper was weird. The 'facts' were out of date. The
assumptions were just plain wrong, sounded like these blokes had been
living in a box with no outside contact for the last 10 months. This
paper read like an something from a bunch a 'alternative' professionals
from back in March.

History has shown the right way is isolation and shutdowns. No amount of
'maths' can truly put a value on someone's life.

Gordon
2020-12-27 07:50:39 UTC
Sad to see the NZ College of Medical Practitioners peddling such
https://www.publish.csiro.au/HC/pdf/HC20132
https://sciblogs.co.nz/lately-in-science/2020/12/24/christmas-without-lockdowns-despite-contrary-views/
To quote from top link

9 December 2020 The recent approval and planned use a of vaccine in
the UK means the development has been faster than
we initially anticipated: about one year.

End quote

I understand that there are now three vaccines and they all have higher than
expected levels of protection. True, early days.

Covid-19, and its affects, will never be correctly summed up through one
angle view point.

Having got to the stage we have, its probably a good idea to keep going as
there are examples overseas of the results of countries living with the
virus.

Finally, I read that NZ's GDP for the September 1/4 was up 15.5%. Okay,
cherry picking the stats.