NZ First - a very mixed bag . .
2020-03-03 03:29:11 UTC
Shane Jones gets deflected from a legitimate beef about an immigration
system that encouraged fraud for residency by young people and fraud
for money by education providers:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/410840/shane-jones-comments-racist-irresponsible-race-relations-commssioner-says,

Meanwhile, Winston Peters talks common sense to Australians:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/nz-deputy-pm-winston-peters-slams-peter-dutton-over-response-to-jacinda-ardern-deportation-comments/news-story/33ab9e69c7cff141a085306eaff091e2
Winston Peters, right, said as lashed Peter Dutton’s, left, comments.
Pictures: AAP/AFP
“We want a fair go and a thing called respect,” NZ deputy PM Winston
Peters, right, said as lashed Peter Dutton’s, left, comments.
Pictures: AAP/AFP
Elias Visontay
Reporter
@EliasVisontay
9:36AM March 3, 2020
135 Comments
New Zealand’s Deputy Prime Minister has lashed Peter Dutton for
disrespecting his country when making a “highly emotive” suggestion
Jacinda Ardern had only raised issue with Australia’s deportation laws
to win votes at her upcoming election.
Winston Peters accused the Home Affairs Minister for politicising what
he said most New Zealanders saw as a valid issue, and said New Zealand
didn’t “make a song and dance” after an Australian citizen carried out
a massacre in Christchurch in 2019.
Mr Peters comments come a after New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda
Ardern reinforced her view that Australia’s deportation policy is
“regrettable” on Monday, hours after Mr Dutton launched an attack on
her over comments she made at a press conference in Sydney last week.
Responding to Ms Ardern, who told Scott Morrison that he was deporting
“your people and your problems” and not “genuine Kiwis”, Mr Dutton
reasoned Ms Ardern was going into an election campaign and that
Australia had no regrets about the number of visas its cancelled and
criminals it has deported to New Zealand.
Mr Dutton also said: “I sleep well at night knowing that deporting
pedophiles from our shores mean that more Australian children won’t
fall victim to that paedophile, and I’d want to make sure that we have
a great migration system.”
On Tuesday, Mr Peters said Mr Dutton had chosen a “highly emotive”
example by mentioning paedophiles, and said Australia’s policy was
unfair.
“He’s wrong,” Mr Peters told ABC Radio about the suggestion that
raising issue with the deportation policy was an election tactic.
“We’ve been saying it ever since our special relationship changed in
2001.
“Of all countries Australia should understand the unfairness of
deportation for so called crime reasons.
“Australia’s foundation was a foundation of awful unfairness to good
people and here we are in 2020 and we’re having this dispute about
this matter.
“They (Australians) believe in a fair go, and fair play. And If they
knew what was going on here I think they wouldn’t support it either.
“You’ve sent thousands back to New Zealand and we’ve sent a handful
back to you.
“When you send back people who have been in Australia since year one
or year two, you’ve lost the plot.
“You can pick that highly emotive case of somebody who is a sexual
predator.
“If they’ve arrived in Australia in year one its quite possible that
the formation of that predatory mind was an Australian cultural
experience and not a New Zealand cultural experience.”
“We had a mass murderer come to this country from Australia. Did we
make a song and dance with Australia about that? It was the worst
tragedy we’ve ever had, 51 people lost their lives … far worse than
Port Arthur. And nobody in my country sought to abuse Australia about
that. That’s my point. We want a fair go and we want a thing called
respect.”
“We’ve been friends for centuries, don’t ruin it for some political
opportunism which originates in Australia not New Zealand.”
Asked if New Zealand should deport more Australians in response, Mr
Peters said: “two wrongs don’t make a right.”
He also warned that criminals deported from Australia have created
serious gang violence issues in his country.
“You need friends in Australia, so do we. We have got a great deal in
common far more than any other two nations. Let’s not spoil it, let’s
not behave this way, let’s not politicise this matter.”
JohnO
That's it Dickbot, you keep brand Labour welded to brand Winston. Good boy...
Crash
2020-03-03 07:52:23 UTC
Shane Jones gets deflected from a legitimate beef about an immigration
system that encouraged fraud for residency by young people and fraud
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/410840/shane-jones-comments-racist-irresponsible-race-relations-commssioner-says,
Shane Jones has no valid point to make, other than to gain popularity
with the anti-Indian racists.
Post by Rich80105
[...]
A moment of lucidity and reason that does not make up for the fact
that Winston is perennial fringe politician and leader of a party
supported by a small proportion of party-voters over the lifetime of
MMP in NZ. Of the 7.2% of party-voters that voted for NZF in the last
election, just a swing of 2.3% is needed to ensure there is no NZF in
Parliament and a Deputy PM who is not NZF.

2020-03-03 18:35:03 UTC
Post by Rich80105
[...]
A 2.3% swing against NZF would still leave them with 7.03% of the
vote. To reduce 7.2% of votes down to 5% would require a swing of
30.56% = 7.2*(1-.3056) = 4.9997. In other words, over 30% of NZF
voters from last election would have to decide to vote for another
party. That is not impossible of course, and there are of course some
from that time that are no longer voters, and some new voters, but a
swing of 2.3% of NZF voters would notbe sufficient to see NZ First out
of parliament. I suspect the number of people prepared to vote for NZ
First to prevent them falling below 5% may be a bit lower now than it
would have been a year ago, but 2.3% of all votes is a very large
number of people.
JohnO
2020-03-03 19:37:17 UTC
Post by Rich80105
[...]
OMG Dickbot, he means 2.3% of the voter base, you fool. That is so painfully obvious - small children would realise it.

You really are plumbing new depths of desperation now.
John Bowes
2020-03-04 20:57:40 UTC
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Rich again demonstrates his lack of comprehension and math skills to perfection :)