Be kind!
2021-09-02 03:29:29 UTC
We were all told, at the beginning of lockdown, that if we had an appointment
for a vaccination we should turn up unless we were contacted.
Well, that was wrong. Friends of ours were booked in today and duly turned up.
The venue was closed and coned off.
His wife is disabled and it takes a bit of work to get her into the car etc.
Not good enough.
He contacted the vaccination 0800 line and was given a date in 20 day's time 25
km away instead of the original appointment today 2km down the road.
This farce gets funnier, but only in a farcelike way.
John Bowes
Doubt if it'll get better. I have friends with similar story's. I'm not surprised but then none of this governments failures have surprised me...
Gordon
2021-09-02 04:51:48 UTC
We were all told, at the beginning of lockdown, that if we had an appointment
for a vaccination we should turn up unless we were contacted.
Well, that was wrong. Friends of ours were booked in today and duly turned up.
The venue was closed and coned off.
His wife is disabled and it takes a bit of work to get her into the car etc.
Not good enough.
He contacted the vaccination 0800 line and was given a date in 20 day's time 25
km away instead of the original appointment today 2km down the road.
This farce gets funnier, but only in a farcelike way.
Doubt if it'll get better. I have friends with similar story's. I'm not surprised but then none of this governments failures have surprised me...
Next the supply of vaccines will go dry just as you arrive at the front of
the queue.

It is a worthwile risk to keep the vaccanation going at level 4, maybe it
will be a bit slower but taking 4 weeks out of the time to the end of the
year is too great.

I hear that the Auckland hospitals are starting to off-load patients to
Christchurch. Yep, another risk of getting another cluster or two going.
Needless to say what the relatives of these patients think.
James Christophers
2021-09-02 05:18:16 UTC
[...]
To hurry things along and keep folk on their tippytoes, the WHO has announced a new "Wu" strain of the Covid-19 virus. This is reportedly less cooperative than previous known strains when it comes to elimination or eradication.

Who was it said variety is the spice of life? So all together now and whistle, "Always look on the bright side of life!..."
JohnO
2021-09-02 07:35:29 UTC
We were all told, at the beginning of lockdown, that if we had an appointment
for a vaccination we should turn up unless we were contacted.
Well, that was wrong. Friends of ours were booked in today and duly turned up.
The venue was closed and coned off.
His wife is disabled and it takes a bit of work to get her into the car etc.
Not good enough.
He contacted the vaccination 0800 line and was given a date in 20 day's time 25
km away instead of the original appointment today 2km down the road.
This farce gets funnier, but only in a farcelike way.
All I think of when they say glib empty stuff like "be kind" is "newspeak" from Orwell's 1984 and the "Ministry of Love".