Misinformation from government.
2020-10-29 00:17:37 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300143515/cabinet-knew-about-lack-of-border-tests-before-august-outbreak
Lies or spin, not much difference really, we were however not well served with
such misinformation.
Crash
2020-10-29 04:30:20 UTC
On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 19:17:37 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300143515/cabinet-knew-about-lack-of-border-tests-before-august-outbreak
Lies or spin, not much difference really, we were however not well served with
such misinformation.
Lies not spin. I quote from that article, quoting Hipkins "It has not
been happening at the rates that, A, we have asked for, and B, we were
told was happening" and the PM "When we ask as a Cabinet for
something to happen, we expect it to happen. So of course that has not
met our expectations. No one, of course, said to any point – that I
recall – that what we asked for was not happening".

The order to test border staff was given on June 23 and cabinet
received weekly updates from then on, according to the MOH data. So
either the MOH lied or the pollies lied.

In this instance, what happened does not matter too much. What does
matter is that someone lied.

2020-10-29 21:04:14 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
Yes Crash I agree. I cannot condone lying by our employees, which is the what I
perceive elected politicians and government employees to be.
John Bowes
2020-10-29 22:57:26 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
It's typical of a political ethos that refuses to accept their own shortcomings. It's much easier to blame someone else, something so typical of the left!