You don't have enough dollars to even get to LA let alone NZ....
This is true.
Who would want to go there anyway?
Normally I don't care to watch talking heads, but I must admit
that Simon Whistler can make ANYTHING entertaining:
From 2017. Have things gotten any better?:
"California’s got the beaches… but that’s about it. The days of ‘California
Girls’ by the Beach Boys is long gone. Want attractive women? Go to Texas
instead. Unless you have a thing for blue hair and the scent of rats, I
guess. Let’s take a walk through the modern day reality of The California
Socialist Republic and discover 50 Reasons Why California Sucks!
"If it isn’t enough to be surrounded by hostile politicians and communists,
you also have the luxury of dealing with all of these issues discussed
50 Reasons Why California Sucks
1. California ranked dead last in Chief Executive magazine’s annual Best and
Worst States for Business survey in 2016. Oh, and it also was ranked dead
last for every other year that the survey has been conducted.
2. In 2015, the state of California ranked 50th out of all 50 states in new
3. According to a recent study, California is the worst-governed state in
the entire country for two years in a row!
4. Even after Proposition 30, California still boasts the highest state
income tax rate in the nation.
5. Even though California continually (Prop 55) raises taxes dramatically on
the wealthy, state revenues are falling like a rock and debt is still adding
6. California has the highest sales tax rate in the United States.
7. California has the 9th highest corporate income tax rate in the country.
8. California has the highest “minimum corporate tax” in the country. It is
the only state where a corporation must pay money to the state even if a
corporation does not make a single dollar of profit.
9. California has the 2nd highest gas tax in the country. And don’t worry –
if you drive an electric car they’ll still charge you a $100 annual fee for
“offsetting your gas taxes”.
10. California is the only state in America that taxes carbon emissions.
11. The state of California issues some of the most expensive traffic
tickets in the nation. It is actually the highest when you count in the
insurance premium hit.
12. California has historically had the third highest unemployment rate of
any state, and has the highest under-employment rate.
13. California scored 45th on “The Nation’s Report Card” for public school
test scores, indicating significantly sub-par scores on Math and Reading and
generally poorly educated students.
14. The state of California requires licenses for 198 different occupations
(the most in the nation). The national average is only 96.
15. California teachers are the 5th highest paid in the nation, but
California students rank 46th in math and 49th in reading.
16. California accounts for 12.15% percent of the U.S. population, but a
whopping 30% percent of Americans that receive TANF (Temporary Assistance
for Needy Families) and MOE live there. This amounts to almost 7 billion
dollars per year.
17. California now has the lowest credit/bond rating in the entire country
(Yes, it even surpassed Illinois).
18. Including unfunded pension liabilities, the state of California has more
than twice as much debt as any other state does. Their total state debt (w/o
unfunded pension liabilities) is second only to New York.
19. Average pay for California state workers has risen by 100 percent from
2005 to 2012, and 120 percent from 2012-2015. That is awesome news for those
state employees, but it is terrible news for the taxpayers that have to pay
their salaries and their pensions (Which we already have mentioned are
20. California has the worst healthcare system in the country. This occurred
because of illegals using the healthcare and not paying for insurance or
services, hospitals closing down, and increased costs on providers.
21. Since 2007, the number of children living in poverty in the state of
California has been steadily increasing.
22. Sadly, an astounding 58.6 percent of all students attending California
public schools now qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches. To
qualify, the family income must fall below 185% of the poverty line.
23. The American Tort Reform Association has ranked the state of California
as the second worst “judicial hellhole” in America, and the worst state-wide
24. Absurd regulations in California have been increasing in number and
scope, while also becoming significantly more problematic for operating
businesses within CA.
25. According to the Milken Institute, operating costs for California
businesses are 23 percent higher than the national average.
26. The state of California had the worst “small business failure rate” in
America in 2010. It was 69 percent higher than the national average. They
also have 4 out of the 5 cities in the category of “Top 5 Worst Places For
27. California has the third highest homelessness rate (Number of people
homeless: 367 per 100,000).
28. Residential customers in California pay about 50 percent more for
electricity than the national average.
29. The State of California has the lowest number of emergency departments
per capita of any state (6.7 per 1 million people). They scored an F on the
“Access to Emergency Care” Report Card.
30. Insane political correctness.
31. One California town is actually considering making it illegal to smoke
in your own backyard.
32. The traffic around certain big cities in CA is ranked as the 1st and 3rd
worst in the nation.
33. Los Angeles. (Do I really even need to explain?)
34. San Francisco.
36. Frivolous spending on unnecessary government services.
37. California’s sanctuary cities protect illegal immigrants that have seven
felonies from being deported, to later acquit them of murder when they kill
an innocent American [Kate Steinle].
38. The rampant gang activity in the state gets even worse with each passing
year. (Los Angeles is deemed “Gang Capital of America”).
39. California’s violent crime rate is the 13th highest in the nation.
40. Back in 2010, the city attorney of San Bernardino, California told
citizens to “lock their doors and load their guns” because there is not
enough money to pay for adequate police protection any longer.
41. California is incredibly lawsuit happy, coming in as one of the Top 5
“Lawsuit Climate” states.
42. They have three of the top 10 most violent cities in the US.
43. In Stockton, the police budget cuts got so bad that the police union put
up a billboard at one point with the following message: “Welcome to the 2nd
most dangerous city in California. Stop laying off cops.”
44. California doesn’t respect the rights of parents. (Sound like socialist
45. The absolutely insane California state legislature. Oh, and Jerry Brown.
46. Wildfires, mudslides, and impending giant earthquake.
47. 1.5 out of 10 drivers in the state do not have car insurance. California
also has one of the lowest minimum coverage rates. This led California to
being ranked #1 in the “Top 5 Riskiest States For Drivers“.
48. In the past decade, over 5 million people left California with only 3.9
million moving in. This has created a loss of over 1 million people, and a
budget reduction of 26 billion in annual income.
49. Illegals control the state. Double-digit billions of dollars go to
illegal immigrant aid-related expenses (such as housing, K-12 schooling,
English supplementation courses, free college for the “undocumented”,
healthcare, etc). This is after accounting for tax revenue they contribute.
50. California has the highest school system revenue of any state, but one
of the Top 10 Lowest Per Pupil Spending.