Oh come on!
2021-08-30 02:11:29 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300394580/covid19-nz-chris-hipkins-admits-misinterpreting-vaccine-delivery-schedule-by-a-month
Not at all believable.
A date this important should be checked by the minister to be absolutely sure.
In fact any date that minister's tell the public should be carefully checked.
"By October" does not mean by September, or end "of the third quarter", except
to someone who is sloppy.
We are entitled to better attention to detail during a pandemic and especially
from a minister who is responsible for the way we are addressing it.
Crash
2021-08-30 02:25:33 UTC
On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 21:11:29 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300394580/covid19-nz-chris-hipkins-admits-misinterpreting-vaccine-delivery-schedule-by-a-month
Not at all believable.
A date this important should be checked by the minister to be absolutely sure.
In fact any date that minister's tell the public should be carefully checked.
"By October" does not mean by September, or end "of the third quarter", except
to someone who is sloppy.
We are entitled to better attention to detail during a pandemic and especially
from a minister who is responsible for the way we are addressing it.
While I agree that this whole episode indicates very sloppy attention
to detail, it is not a major issue. In the time between now and the
arrival of shipments due in October the Government will have to endure
the embarrassment of any reports of vaccinators hamstrung with short
supplies.

Of greater concern though is if there is other instances of sloppiness
that come to light.

2021-08-30 03:04:11 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300394580/covid19-nz-chris-hipkins-admits-misinterpreting-vaccine-delivery-schedule-by-a-month
Not at all believable.
A date this important should be checked by the minister to be absolutely sure.
In fact any date that minister's tell the public should be carefully checked.
"By October" does not mean by September, or end "of the third quarter", except
to someone who is sloppy.
We are entitled to better attention to detail during a pandemic and especially
from a minister who is responsible for the way we are addressing it
The other side of the coin is saying supplies will be here by a certain day
is likely to end up being used against one when it arrives 2 days later.

Nevertheless, it does help if one is as precise as possible.

Still it looks like by the time the supplies arrive we will have this
outbreak almost gone.
Tony
2021-08-30 03:39:09 UTC
[...]
I, and millions more, hope that you are correct Gordon.
However the minister did not make this mistake once, it was repeated.
I agree with Crash that it is not a major issue, it is however just one more
miscommunication that a little more professionalism would have prevented.
Pandemics are not a billion trees, they are actually serious.
James Christophers
2021-08-30 04:12:29 UTC
[...]
Meanwhile, today's community cases are reported 36% down on yesterday's. All are linked to previous cases with household contact(s) predominating.

R now = <1.0.

Not the worst possible news, then.
Tony
2021-08-30 04:37:36 UTC
[...]
Actually very encouraging and worthy of a new thread.
Not relevant to this one however, eh?
James Christophers
2021-08-30 05:00:26 UTC
[...]
Uplifting news informally appended to a existing informal discussion already talked out can no harm, eh?

As for suggesting a new thread, I'd have thought it appropriate to wait for a few more updates before doing so, with the possibility of a distinctly new/changed scenario worth discussing. There are times when those angels on the head of the pin welcome a little time out.
Tony
2021-08-30 05:07:57 UTC
[...]
My angels are always on the ball.
It is still off topic.
James Christophers
2021-08-30 05:23:18 UTC
[...]
"Those same angels will also gladly advise you to, "Smile away your (imaginary) troubles and the world will smile with you."

So heed them well.
Tony
Nice, but silly and still off topic.
Rich80105
2021-08-30 05:26:12 UTC
On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 00:07:57 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
pretty much on topic really. From yesterday:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-borrowing-vaccines-moving-away-from-pfizer-on-table-in-government-jabs-plan/JMBJ4GJ5DAISV2M7KBWRHFZYXE/

keepinga lot of balls in the air at once is what our Ministers have to
do - and mixing big issues such as going into, contiuing or coming
down from lockdown are more important than minor details of the supply
chain, important though these are.

Not sure what balls have to do with it - hopefully you can keep your
ball from being pricked, Tony.
Tony
2021-08-30 05:35:13 UTC
[...]
And entirely off topic today.
Post by Rich80105
keepinga lot of balls in the air at once is what our Ministers have to
do
Yes but they can't, can they?
Post by Rich80105
- and mixing big issues such as going into, contiuing or coming
down from lockdown are more important than minor details of the supply
chain, important though these are.
The supply chain is critical and only you would suggest otherwise. Simply
because if they had prioritised it when they should have and could have then it
would not be an issue today. Incompetent really,
You really are a silly and childish old man.
John Bowes
It fits into what passes for Rich's political ethos Tony. you know the one. It goes Labour can do nothing wrong and National sucks. Pretty typical of the Marxist/Leninist left...
George Black
2021-08-30 19:53:08 UTC
It fits into what passes for Rich's political ethos Tony. you know the one. It goes Labour can do nothing wrong and National sucks. Pretty typical of the Marxist/Leninist left...
And when the floodgates open watch the BS and excuses then.
They're out of their depth.
You have the daily furor on the forum where they take over the news and
inanely blather on repeating their political mantra and pet paid for
reporters ask preloaded questions.
Monty Python have I got a script idea for you
John Bowes
Even Monty wouldn't believe the bungling imbeciles Rich worships :)
Rich80105
2021-08-30 08:16:00 UTC
On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 00:35:13 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Rich80105
- and mixing big issues such as going into, contiuing or coming
down from lockdown are more important than minor details of the supply
chain, important though these are.
The supply chain is critical and only you would suggest otherwise. Simply
because if they had prioritised it when they should have and could have then it
would not be an issue today. Incompetent really,
The mis-statement by the Minister did not change reality - he
corrected himself, but the schedule of vaccines was not advanced or
delayed - the supply change was not affected by a minor error in
describing it. OK now?.
George Black
2021-08-30 19:46:52 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300394580/covid19-nz-chris-hipkins-admits-misinterpreting-vaccine-delivery-schedule-by-a-month
Not at all believable.
A date this important should be checked by the minister to be absolutely sure.
In fact any date that minister's tell the public should be carefully checked.
"By October" does not mean by September, or end "of the third quarter", except
to someone who is sloppy.
We are entitled to better attention to detail during a pandemic and especially
from a minister who is responsible for the way we are addressing it.
Think of it as just another lie with more to come to cover their backs.