Not a lot about the Aussie floods
2020-01-18 19:11:34 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
Rich80105
2020-01-18 23:50:00 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
There was quite a bit of speculation about arson - ScoMo supporters
claimed that the Greens were at fault - it was all debunked fairly
quickly. Do you think it was National Party (Australian) supporters
lighting the fires in their drought-striken roperties to get
compensation, George?

This may help:
https://skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=4650
Gordon
2020-01-18 23:59:51 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
There was quite a bit of speculation about arson - ScoMo supporters
claimed that the Greens were at fault - it was all debunked fairly
quickly. Do you think it was National Party (Australian) supporters
lighting the fires in their drought-striken roperties to get
compensation, George?
https://skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=4650
To even suggest that arsonists are politically movtivated is a conclusion
jump as large as the fires are this bad owing to climate change caused by
man.

Vandals and arsonists probably go together.
John Bowes
2020-01-19 01:32:56 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
There was quite a bit of speculation about arson - ScoMo supporters
claimed that the Greens were at fault - it was all debunked fairly
quickly. Do you think it was National Party (Australian) supporters
lighting the fires in their drought-striken roperties to get
compensation, George?
https://skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=4650
To even suggest that arsonists are politically movtivated is a conclusion
jump as large as the fires are this bad owing to climate change caused by
man.
Vandals and arsonists probably go together.
Studies in the past have linked arsonists to the sort of people who blindly support the left. however I'd never suggest Rich was an arsonist because he's probably so tech incapable he couldn't operate a cigarette lighter or match :)

Yes vandals and arsonist do go together along with left wing protesters ;)
Rich80105
2020-01-19 22:57:27 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
There was quite a bit of speculation about arson - ScoMo supporters
claimed that the Greens were at fault - it was all debunked fairly
quickly. Do you think it was National Party (Australian) supporters
lighting the fires in their drought-striken roperties to get
compensation, George?
https://skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=4650
To even suggest that arsonists are politically movtivated is a conclusion
jump as large as the fires are this bad owing to climate change caused by
man.
Vandals and arsonists probably go together.
Certainly the claims about the Greens in Australia were stupid
politically motivated - probably in an attempt to divert from ScoMo's
poor political handling of the events. In fact the Greens there have
been shown to have been trying to get better management of fire prone
areas, but that would have cost money that their government was not
prepared to spend. (And I wrongly used the name National - it should
of course be the Country party in Australia - where any compensation
will be a long way short of resolving the damage done. Sometimes a
deliberate overstatement is enough to get people to realise that the
claims were equally stupid.

I lived in Melbourne for a few years, and there were fires in the
Dandenongs - one of the problems being that those living there loved
to have houses nestled among the trees - understandable for lower
temperatures in summer, but it was a disaster when the gum trees
burned. The wealthier areas of Melbourne are largely conservative
voters - "The Leafy suburbs" had a different meaning at times!

It is very clear that mankind has affected our environment, and that
this has affected vulnerability to fires of the nature recently seen.
This is not to say that the actions of man have need the only cause -
our climate patterns are in fact only slightly changed over the last
century, but the effect of small changes can be large in some
instances.

Last night there was a programme about the Great Dismal Swamp in the
USA - it is a large preservation area, with a large lake surrounded by
low-lying and. George Washington was a shareholder in the area, and
surveyed and contributed to the building of a canal that drained some
of the land. That has had effects on vegitation; some peat lands have
dried out, and they have experienced fires and the loss of some of the
original character of the land. They have now put in place management
systems that raise the level of water at certain times of the year to
allow the neighbouring land to get enough water. Small changes, but
they believe it will be enough to avoid disastrous fires, and restore
the land somewhat towards its original state.

In Australia some farmers in New South Wales looked into the state of
rivers and changes their practices to turn what had become effectively
canals back into natural-looking streams where there is vegitation to
slow down the water to give it a chance to build up the water table,
and to grow vegitation that shades the river and brings back insects
and small animals and fish that give a more balanced environment and
more successful farms. Small changes, but potentially a big impact.

2010 to 2019 is the hottest decade on record - our planet is getting
hotter, and the Australian fires have pointed out that we cannot
afford to ignore the extremes which we have recently experienced. New
Zealand was affected by smoke, but we will also be affected by changes
in world climate as a result of this event. We can argue about the
extent of the changes that have been caused by man, or more
importantly the extent to which changes we make now may assist bring
more livable climate conditions, but there can be no doubt that man
has affected our climate, and that the worst of these events now need
to be planned for and actions taken to avoid them where possible.

If we denude vegitation and then use what water there is for other
purposes so that plants dry in summer, we should not be surprised when
the land burns. Heat brings evaporation of water, which then falls as
rain - we now have areas of land (for example the Firth of Thames,
where storm events and potential flooding are more likely than
previously. If we dismiss all possibility that we can take actions to
mitigate disaster, are we any better than Trump and ScoMo?
Unknown
2020-01-19 06:09:47 UTC
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
There was quite a bit of speculation about arson - ScoMo supporters
claimed that the Greens were at fault - it was all debunked fairly
quickly. Do you think it was National Party (Australian) supporters
lighting the fires in their drought-striken roperties to get
compensation, George?

The Aussie Greens could have hired arsonists to start many fires in the
driest regions, and then rise a diatribe blaming the Coalition
government, and try to discredit them in an early start of the electoral
campaign. This is entirely within the ethical standards of politicians
nowadays.
Tony
2020-01-19 19:57:02 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
There was quite a bit of speculation about arson - ScoMo supporters
claimed that the Greens were at fault
<Nonsense deleted fro brevity>
There have been 24 arrests for alleged arson. And green followers have for
decades fought against removal of most urban trees.
Naturally green followers do not want fires to start and they had no reason to
know what was going to happen but they contributed nonetheless.
It only helps blinkered political hacks.
Rich80105
2020-01-19 23:04:25 UTC
On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 13:57:02 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Rich80105
https://skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=4650
It only helps blinkered political hacks.
That would be you then, Tony - the following were not hard to find:
https://factcheck.afp.com/australian-bushfires-disinformation-spreads-about-greens-party-policy-backburning
https://greens.org.au/bushfires
http://www.mondaq.com/australia/x/883046/Climate+Change/Debunking+the+myth+that+the+Greens+caused+the+bushfire+crisis+An+interview+with+MLC+David+Shoebridge
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/australia-where-lies-and-conspiracy-theories-spread-like-bushfire
Tony
2020-01-19 23:53:04 UTC
Post by Rich80105
https://skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=4650
It only helps blinkered political hacks.
https://factcheck.afp.com/australian-bushfires-disinformation-spreads-about-greens-party-policy-backburning
https://greens.org.au/bushfires
http://www.mondaq.com/australia/x/883046/Climate+Change/Debunking+the+myth+that+the+Greens+caused+the+bushfire+crisis+An+interview+with+MLC+David+Shoebridge
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/australia-where-lies-and-conspiracy-theories-spread-like-bushfire
There you go again. I am apolitical in a very honest and open way. But it suits
you to pretend that other people are as blind and stupid as you. They are not,
at least not most of them.
Open minded people read, learn and act without politics running their lives.
The URL I referred to is full of lies and guesses. The ones you have posted
since are unbalanced just like you.
However yuou could not resist sarcasm could you?
You are just sad.
Rich80105
2020-01-20 00:25:05 UTC
On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 17:53:04 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Rich80105
[...]
So you actually believe that your lie "green followers have for
decades fought against removal of most urban trees." is apolitical in
a very honest and open way"!

Still, you do avoid the problem of considered articles and reputable
references - in your mind your personal opinion and prejudices
"trump"everthing else!
Tony
2020-01-20 01:57:50 UTC
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Abuse trashed
Rich cannot debate, Rich always uses sarcasm unless he lies, Rich is a very
unpleasant old and lost man.
On this occasion he resuses to debate as well as abuses another poster.
And he will be unable to resist attempting to re-instate his abuse.
John Bowes
2020-01-19 01:34:57 UTC
Australia currently has flooding on the east coast.
Is this evidence of climate change since last week it was a hot and dry
(summer)
And there were fires, many fires all over, caused it was claimed, by
climate change.
Nothing about lightning or arsonists
The ash in the air could have helped bring on the heavy rain. Not unknown for these events after major forest fires. Then of course if you're as dumb as Rich and those he blindly supports it'll have to be climate change :)