The uncommon cold
2021-02-23 00:35:46 UTC
Colds are known as the "common cold". About a third of colds are
coronaviruses. So Covid would appear to be an "uncommon" cold, at
least for these first few years.

Flus are influenza viruses, so not the same as colds. But the best
the doctors can do for flus is the yearly flu vaccine which is only
about 20% effective. So I don't bother getting those.

Now they come up with a vaccine for the uncommon cold (Covid), which
is rated at 95% effective, but only until the inevitable new Covid
variants bring the vaccine's efficacy down. It's really just the same
as what happens with flus. We are heading for a yearly cold vaccine
alongside the yearly flu vaccine. Maybe they can combine those into a
single shot.

After a few years, Covid will no longer be an uncommon cold, it'll be
just another common cold. And there you are, people, all this hubbub
and social dysfunction is due to our overreaction to a new strain of
the common cold.

As I don't take flu vaccines, neither do I intend to take the future
"cold" vaccines. But governement is starting to move on compulsion
now. First is compulsory mask wearing. Then comes compulsory QR code
scanning. As long as the public don't resist the compulsion, there
will be more and more of it. Soon up, compulsory vaccination for
Covid, followed soon after by compulsory flu vaccination. Then
they'll have us -- compulsory injection of anything they want, into
our bodies. All in our own interest, of course, and resistance would
be entirely immoral and unacceptable. What happens after that?
JohnO
2021-02-23 04:23:19 UTC
[...]
"compulsory injection of anything they want, into our bodies"? Tinfoil hat wearer.

Flu vaccine effectiveness averages 40%-60% according to CDC. In addition, where it isn't effective in preventing flu, it can still reduce the flu severity.

Unless there's a good reason not to, such as allergy, everyone should get vaccinated. Not doing so puts not only one's own self at risk, but other people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons.

The sooner we get most of the population vaccinated, the sooner we can once again enjoy open borders. It would be a real shame if borders have to stay closed because there's no herd immunity because of half-wit flat-earthers refusing vaccination.
Rich80105
2021-02-23 04:34:23 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
The government has indicated that they do not want to get to the stage
of having compulsory injections, but some are opposed to that view .
Be happy that you probably agree more with the government than others
then on this issue a least.
Gordon
2021-02-23 06:38:18 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
A good troll from Willy. Might be winner for the month.