NZ travel bubble
Byker
2020-10-19 11:56:08 UTC

This ought to be interesting when the bubble "pops"
Rich80105
2020-10-19 20:52:15 UTC
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/G7nfCNudeu0
This ought to be interesting when the bubble "pops"
Australia has it all - one policy from the Australian Government - we
must protect jobs, elimination is killing Victoria, New South Wales is
doing very well - a poster state for the country, if the borders are
open then there is free travel from NSW to Victoria, because the
borders have not been closed and what states do is up to them . . ..

Victoria have said we do not want a third wave, we do not want people
to travel from NSW to Victoria (and if they do then Vic, SA and WA
will put them in quarantine at their expense).
So in Melbourne at least the population is getting mixed messages;
they didn't follow the rules, and have had a second wave, but they are
still annoyed at restrictions and blame anyone else for their own
problems.

Not on the interview, but Sweden didn't have those restrictions, the
USA haven't had those restrictions, and look at them . . . .

Then the classic Aussie / NSW political problem - for the Liberals (as
for the National Party in New Zealand) paying too much for assets is
OK because they will be worth more in 30 years - in NZ selling of
assets for less than they were worth was OK because a few locals got
part of that profit . . .

New Zealand has just voted for people before profits, sharing
prosperity before crony capitalism, kindness before nastiness.

I can't see New Zealand lifting isolation requirements for people
entering the country from Australia in a hurry . . .
Gordon
2020-10-20 06:48:11 UTC
["Followup-To:" header set to nz.general.]
Post by Rich80105
Post by Byker
http://youtu.be/G7nfCNudeu0
This ought to be interesting when the bubble "pops"
Australia has it all - one policy from the Australian Government - we
must protect jobs, elimination is killing Victoria, New South Wales is
doing very well - a poster state for the country, if the borders are
open then there is free travel from NSW to Victoria, because the
borders have not been closed and what states do is up to them . . ..
This is the issue with the two teared Government. The Federal Government
throws it back to the states when things get too difficult, and the states
want to do it their (our states) way.

So there is mixed messages at best, and the deaths keep on coming.

The Russian fishermen (Lastest covid import) is a good example of how things
are being pushed. Still they reckon it working as it should. Time will judge
that idea.
Byker
2020-10-24 00:52:24 UTC
New Zealand has just voted for people before profits, sharing
prosperity before crony capitalism, kindness before nastiness.
Kiwis voted for gun control and lockdowns! Must have given cockheads like
Byker a heart attack.
But let them feel threatened by the Chinkos and they'll
beg Uncle Sam to come running to their rescue..