COVID vaccine
2020-11-13 21:50:11 UTC
Hands up those who want the COVID vaccine! My hands are straight
down. Reports are the injection is painful and the effects are harsh
and COVID-like. Like a mini-COVID.

Also, it gets "transported at -80°C". So how do they do that, you may
ask? Well, they pack it in dry ice, which, for you uninformed, is
frozen CO2. Where do they get that CO2? From petroleum refining and
industrial burning. Don't expect the media to tell you about that.
Rich80105
2020-11-13 22:28:02 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Hands up those who want the COVID vaccine! My hands are straight
down. Reports are the injection is painful and the effects are harsh
and COVID-like. Like a mini-COVID.
Also, it gets "transported at -80°C". So how do they do that, you may
ask? Well, they pack it in dry ice, which, for you uninformed, is
frozen CO2. Where do they get that CO2? From petroleum refining and
industrial burning. Don't expect the media to tell you about that.
Interesting, Willy Nilly. It seems there are a number of possible
vaccines in development; I suspect we will not be getting anything
this side of Christmas in any case. Dry ice is used for a number of
applications; I suspect the volume needed for a particular vaccine may
not be significant - do you think its use should be so discouraged
that a vaccine needing to be stored at a low temperature is not worth
having?
Willy Nilly
2020-11-13 22:47:53 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
Dry ice is no problem for me, Rich. But those who worry about such
things should be given every chance to live up to their own standards.
Rich80105
2020-11-14 01:20:01 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by Rich80105
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
It doesn't appear that the media have tried to hide the use of dry ice
to transport at -80°C, and I don't think their not mentioning the
source of CO2 indicates anything about being or not being worried.

There are apparently a few potential vaccines going through testing;
some may have different transport requirements or side effects.
Gordon
2020-11-14 07:23:15 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by Rich80105
Post by Willy Nilly
Hands up those who want the COVID vaccine! My hands are straight
down. Reports are the injection is painful and the effects are harsh
and COVID-like. Like a mini-COVID.
Also, it gets "transported at -80°C". So how do they do that, you may
ask? Well, they pack it in dry ice, which, for you uninformed, is
frozen CO2. Where do they get that CO2? From petroleum refining and
industrial burning. Don't expect the media to tell you about that.
Interesting, Willy Nilly. It seems there are a number of possible
vaccines in development; I suspect we will not be getting anything
this side of Christmas in any case. Dry ice is used for a number of
applications; I suspect the volume needed for a particular vaccine may
not be significant
The population of planet Earth is 8 billion humans. It will take more than
an few bucketfuls.
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by Rich80105
that a vaccine needing to be stored at a low temperature is not worth
having?
Dry ice is no problem for me, Rich. But those who worry about such
things should be given every chance to live up to their own standards.
It doesn't appear that the media have tried to hide the use of dry ice
to transport at -80°C, and I don't think their not mentioning the
source of CO2 indicates anything about being or not being worried.
All industrial CO2 is made by burning fossil fuels. 409ppm does not really
cut it. O2 and N2 are made by compressing and cooling air and distalling the
O2 and N2 off. N2 has a boiling point of 195 degrees C.

CO2 does not exist as a liquid at room temperature and 1 atmosphere.
Post by Rich80105
There are apparently a few potential vaccines going through testing;
some may have different transport requirements or side effects.
There will need to be more than one vaccine, the Earths population is
heading towards 8 billion, lets sy 5 billion will give herd immunity. So I
hope you have *several*/*many* large factories which can churn the required
number out at the required rate.

There is only 31.5 million seconds in a year 5000/31.5 = 158.7 years give or
take a wee bit.
Rich80105
2020-11-14 09:28:53 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by Rich80105
There are apparently a few potential vaccines going through testing;
some may have different transport requirements or side effects.
There will need to be more than one vaccine, the Earths population is
heading towards 8 billion, lets sy 5 billion will give herd immunity. So I
hope you have *several*/*many* large factories which can churn the required
number out at the required rate.
There is only 31.5 million seconds in a year 5000/31.5 = 158.7 years give or
take a wee bit.
Whether we are able to achieve "herd immunity" is yet to be seen - it
is possible that the nature of the virus may make that unlikely. So
far there can be no surety as to the length of immunity a vaccine may
provide - some have suggested that for one of those under development
the period may be only around 1 month.
Gordon
Gordon
2020-11-14 07:29:44 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Hands up those who want the COVID vaccine! My hands are straight
down. Reports are the injection is painful and the effects are harsh
and COVID-like. Like a mini-COVID.
Well that is the way vaccines work. Sometimes it is as bad as the disease
itself which is why care is needed in testing and monitoring after having
one.

Of course 99.99% of the people are just fine or have a sore arm for awhile,
although this gets forgotten about when talking about the one case where
John Doe almost died from it.
Nilly Willy
2020-11-19 07:02:06 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Hands up those who want the COVID vaccine! My hands are straight
down.
Translation:

"If I were to accept the Covid-19 vaccine, that would represent
a final and ignominious surrender from me. I have always
pushed for a herd immunity approach to Covid-19.

"I posted twice in May that Sweden would reach Covid-19 herd
immunity before the end of May."
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nz.general/xFp0e5x1EGc/iPch4X2qBQAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nz.general/mS2vj9ojqvU/-GxVL7yuBgAJ>

"I am still clinging to my dreams. Even though Sweden has now
abandoned its herd immunity approach as Covid-19 cases soar."
<https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2020/11/sweden-abandons-herd-immunity-approach-as-cases-soar-introduces-strict-covid-19-restrictions.html>
<https://nationalpost.com/news/world/lockdown-u-turn-in-sweden-as-covid-19-cases-soar-and-herd-immunity-hopes-falter>
George
2020-11-19 18:57:25 UTC
[...]