More disastrous news for the Nasty Party
m***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 08:09:06 UTC
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/04/exclusive-senior-national-mp-nick-smith-lashes-simon-bridges-decision-making-in-a-caucus-wide-letter.html
Rich80105
2020-04-27 08:49:25 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/04/exclusive-senior-national-mp-nick-smith-lashes-simon-bridges-decision-making-in-a-caucus-wide-letter.html
Not to worry, Duncan Garner has done some of his deep analysis and
concluded that the saviour of the Party is . . . Mark Mitchell!

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/04/duncan-garner-alleged-national-party-coup-has-classic-hallmarks-of-previous-leadership-spills.html

and a couple of people whose opinion is important to very few reckon
he's going to be OK until after the election:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/04/political-commentators-predict-simon-bridges-will-remain-leader-until-election.html

Of equal interest to the blind speculation was another of the
unscientific polls favoured by newshub that asked about whether we
need a Gun Register - 87% in favour.

Moving on, Simon is back to core "Right" ideas - whadayaknow . . . TAX
CUTS!
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2020/03/tax-cuts-right-thing-to-do-to-ease-coronavirus-economic-impact-simon-bridges.html

and that other favourite:
"As well as introducing tax cuts, Bridges said more needed to be done
to raise the confidence of businesses, particularly small businesses.
"One way to do that would be by "slashing some red tape".

"I think there's a bunch of rules and regulations that get in the way
of businesses - that means they're less confident when they wake up in
the morning to go at it. And we need them to [be confident] as they
face issues around jobs and pay this year, and potentially actually
for the next year or two or three." "

(Carefully not stating just what red tape he is talking about of
course - last time they had a hunt they didn;t manage to find
anything!)

From all of which we can conclude that Newshub is desperate for
headlines, and doesn't think content matters . . .
James Christophers
2020-04-27 21:21:53 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
From all of which we can conclude that Newshub is desperate for
headlines, and doesn't think content matters . . .
When Vesuvius blew up, I doubt the gossips of Pompeii spent much time squabbling over the price of fish.
Rich80105
2020-04-27 22:08:24 UTC
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:21:53 -0700 (PDT), James Christophers
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
From all of which we can conclude that Newshub is desperate for
headlines, and doesn't think content matters . . .
When Vesuvius blew up, I doubt the gossips of Pompeii spent much time squabbling over the price of fish.
Thankfully Covid has not been as quick as Vesuvius, or White Island.
Even in an emergency it is sometimes possible to make a difference,
and some boat operators and helicopter pilots did make a difference,
sadly however many died, and of those saved, most were very badly
burned. But doubdtless there were people arguing about political
issues instead of fleeing Vesuvius, and perhaps there wre some who
just got on with saving as aany as they could . . .

We have some shallow media - see the links above, but it is good to
see an article from an old style journalist who gives reasons for
opinions, covers relevant factors, and still writes well. Whether you
agree with him or not, it is good to see John Armstrong still able to
write a fair and reasoned column:
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/john-armstrongs-opinion-simon-bridges-has-go-but-there-another-leader-in-national-s-ranks