Mark Crofskey MP
Add Reply
l***@gmail.com
2020-10-08 04:36:12 UTC
Mark Crofskey is National’s candidate for the Remutaka seat currently held by Labour’s Chris Hipkins.

Mark Crofskey is, of course, a National Party make-weight carpet bagger. Unlike Hipkins, he doesn’t live in Upper Hutt, being rather better known - if not actually celebrated - as only one among several luminaries of Wadestown’s bibulous lounge-lizard fraternity.

As to his political career and what little there seems to be of it: Mark Crofskey is currently way down there, scoring 56/78 on National’s party list. Perhaps this explains why I have yet to unearth references to - or even passing mentions of - his having previously held any ministerial role under National.

As such, then, it could well be said that, notwithstanding his presumed qualities, Mark Crofskey is bereft of all distinction.

I wish him well in his endeavours, and may he not topple even lower into the graveyard quartile of his party’s esteem before then end of this month.
Crash
2020-10-08 06:41:44 UTC
[...]
As with either National or Labour there are likely to be any number of
those on the party list who have never and will never be Cabinet
ministers. If Mark Crofskey is such a political non-entity as you
have said then what is the point of your post?

2020-10-08 08:13:58 UTC
[...]
It is common for new candidates to put themselves forward for a seat
where they have no chance of winning - it is essentially a testing
ground. Then if they do the organisation and the legwork well enough
they may get a chance at a better electorate, or the swing of the
political cycle may make them stick around and get elected! For
National, some of the country electorates are difficult - farms employ
fewer people, leading to large electorates which are at times so
strongly National that no other party will ever win the seat. That can
lead to some of the embarassments that we have seen this last year. At
times people do better than expected from the insider perspective -
Jamie-Lee Ross, Chris Bishop, Simon Bridges and Paula Bennett come to
mind. They were all promoted beyond their ability to different
degrees; Bridges may stick around for a bit longer, but there is a
fairly good chance Bishop may lose the seat and be low enough on the
list to go (I haven't done the analysis to be sure of that however).
National doesn't really care about the cannon fodder - their role is
to deliver electorates and party votes, and not to get caught doing
nasty things. Chris Finlayson is an example of the other end of the
sytem - he would probably not have made a good electorate MP, but he
has a good brain and wanted to advance his legal career before
retirement. He managed that but was too ascerbic to be a leader.

So it is is worth watching the dross when they start, and linjmsc1 may
know more about this one than the "journalists"

And don't think this dort of problem is only a National Party problem
- over the years Labour has seen MPs re-elected when they would have
been better off with someone else; they have seen good people ousted
through mitakes, poor behaviour or dirty tricks, and they have had a
few that just floated under the radar and never did anyone much good.
The party to watch in the next term for finding the unexpected after
an election is likely to be ACT . . .
George
2020-10-08 19:09:10 UTC
On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 21:36:12 -0700 (PDT)
Post by l***@gmail.com
[...]
Boy.
To evoke such a response from liebor he must constitute quite a threat
2020-10-08 20:42:55 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Mark Crofskey is National’s candidate for the Remutaka seat currently
held by Labour’s Chris Hipkins.
Mark Crofskey is, of course, a National Party make-weight carpet
bagger. Unlike Hipkins, he doesn’t live in Upper Hutt, being rather
better known - if not actually celebrated - as only one among several
luminaries of Wadestown’s bibulous lounge-lizard fraternity.
Mark Crofskey is currently way down there, scoring 56/78 on
National’s party list. Perhaps this explains why I have yet to
unearth references to - or even passing mentions of - his having
previously held any ministerial role under National.
As such, then, it could well be said that, notwithstanding his
presumed qualities, Mark Crofskey is bereft of all distinction.
I wish him well in his endeavours, and may he not topple even lower
into the graveyard quartile of his party’s esteem before the end of
Word is that Labour has had little if anything to say of National's lounge lizard. In fact, few if any around here of whatever polling persuasion have been heard breaking wind and taking to the boats on news of his obscure presence.
George
2020-10-08 22:46:26 UTC
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 13:42:55 -0700 (PDT)
Post by l***@gmail.com
[...]
the end of this month.
Boy. To evoke such a response from liebor he must constitute quite a threat.
Word is that Labour has had little if anything to say of National's
lounge lizard. In fact, few if any around here of whatever polling
persuasion have been heard breaking wind and taking to the boats on
news of his obscure presence.
And he's so unimportant you attempt to denigrate him.
Oh boy thats impressive
Only because hipkins main claim to fame is good speechifying at school prize givings. Not hard to win in Remutaka all you need is a pig and a red ribbon!
John Bowes
2020-10-08 20:48:48 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Mark Crofskey is National’s candidate for the Remutaka seat currently held by Labour’s Chris Hipkins.
Mark Crofskey is, of course, a National Party make-weight carpet bagger. Unlike Hipkins, he doesn’t live in Upper Hutt, being rather better known - if not actually celebrated - as only one among several luminaries of Wadestown’s bibulous lounge-lizard fraternity.
Hipkins didn't live in Upper hutt when he won the seat. On top of that he thought it was okay to take a taxi to work when first elected to Remetaka. with luck he'll be ousted this year and his hub plans will be returned to the Communist Manifesto they came from!
Nellie the Elephant
2020-10-08 23:45:44 UTC
[...]
What a thoroughly unpleasant old bugger you are.