Slow train wreck stage 2
2021-09-14 01:00:14 UTC
From Stuff

PM quoted as saying

“If you've booked a first vaccine but it's not till October,
jump online again, you'll likely find that spots have opened
up at new sites and much sooner than October, please take
them,” Ardern said.

unquote

Is this a hint that the accination roll out is/has been a bit of shambles?

We had that groups 1 to 4, we had little/no follow up that all on groups 1
and 2 got vaccinated. Then we had a booking system. Then cam drive ins and
now we have some drop in places saying that they have a heap of capacity.

The PMs statement above suggests that on one has "maintained" the booking
system.

Better than any comedy if the war was not so important.
Rich80105
2021-09-14 01:17:43 UTC
From Stuff
PM quoted as saying
“If you've booked a first vaccine but it's not till October,
jump online again, you'll likely find that spots have opened
up at new sites and much sooner than October, please take
them,” Ardern said.
unquote
Is this a hint that the accination roll out is/has been a bit of shambles?
No, it is a hint that there are plenty of supplies, and that there are
vaccination centres with available spaces - there are 90,000 available
this week (Statement from Ardern on RNZ 1:14 this afternoon.)
Post by Gordon
We had that groups 1 to 4, we had little/no follow up that all on groups 1
and 2 got vaccinated. Then we had a booking system. Then cam drive ins and
now we have some drop in places saying that they have a heap of capacity.
All precisely in accordance with plans set out many months ago -
except that vaccination has become more urgent with the Delta version
and supplies have been increased thanks to Spain.
Post by Gordon
The PMs statement above suggests that on one has "maintained" the booking
system.
It has worked very well, whoever is maintaining it - there are a large
number of people taking bookings by phone, and in my local area there
is a Chemist doing vaccinations with no bookings.
Post by Gordon
Better than any comedy if the war was not so important.
More gratifying to me than amusing, but whatever you feel we can be
thankful it is all going so well.

Thanks Gordon.
John Bowes
2021-09-14 02:11:44 UTC
From Stuff
PM quoted as saying
“If you've booked a first vaccine but it's not till October,
jump online again, you'll likely find that spots have opened
up at new sites and much sooner than October, please take
them,” Ardern said.
unquote
Is this a hint that the accination roll out is/has been a bit of shambles?
No, it is a hint that there are plenty of supplies, and that there are
vaccination centres with available spaces - there are 90,000 available
this week (Statement from Ardern on RNZ 1:14 this afternoon.)
BULLSHIT! The PM is hoping the latest fumble to get more supplies will be forgotten/given!
We had that groups 1 to 4, we had little/no follow up that all on groups 1
and 2 got vaccinated. Then we had a booking system. Then cam drive ins and
now we have some drop in places saying that they have a heap of capacity.
All precisely in accordance with plans set out many months ago -
except that vaccination has become more urgent with the Delta version
and supplies have been increased thanks to Spain.
Yet more bullshit! The governments own figures were showing they'd vaccinated more in groups 1 and 2 than were actualy in the group:)
Post by Gordon
Better than any comedy if the war was not so important.
More gratifying to me than amusing, but whatever you feel we can be
thankful it is all going so well.
It's been a total shamozzle Rich. Late and slow so typical of your useless government!
Thanks Gordon.
James Christophers
2021-09-14 01:47:54 UTC
From Stuff
PM quoted as saying
“If you've booked a first vaccine but it's not till October,
jump online again, you'll likely find that spots have opened
up at new sites and much sooner than October, please take
them,” Ardern said.
unquote
Is this a hint that the vaccination roll out is/has been a bit of shambles?
It's evolving in conformity with the existing and emnerging methodolgies, know-how, staff training and numbers and as various increasing availabilities come on line while also having to wrestle 24/7 with a virus like no other previously known and encountered.
Post by Gordon
We had that groups 1 to 4, we had little/no follow up that all on groups 1
and 2 got vaccinated. Then we had a booking system. Then cam drive ins and
now we have some drop in places saying that they have a heap of capacity.
Again, a process of evolution - i.e. those involved are getting better at it. Plus, during the past 7 days or so, Spain and Denmark have supplied what was needed, but had been hanging fire, to put this country in a secure position to accelerate the process. At the same time, never forget that the entire Health service must continue to operate in all other areas precisely as normal (with some unavoidable exceptions) **and** alongside the pre-Covid-19 crisis. We're likely getting more than a quart out of a pint pot, so full credit those working all hours and then some on the front line under some of the most intimately hazardous and unremitting **personal** duress known to health care.

26 Covid-related deaths to date - all with pre-existing co-morbidities - and 15 new cases today (all in Auckland, all intra-family) speak of the kind of diligence, dedication that other nations would have done well to emulate.

And the government - like any other government - can only act in accordance with the best advice to be had from its advisers.
JohnO
2021-09-14 03:58:03 UTC
From Stuff
PM quoted as saying
“If you've booked a first vaccine but it's not till October,
jump online again, you'll likely find that spots have opened
up at new sites and much sooner than October, please take
them,” Ardern said.
unquote
Is this a hint that the vaccination roll out is/has been a bit of shambles?
It's evolving in conformity with the existing and emnerging methodolgies, know-how, staff training and numbers and as various increasing availabilities come on line while also having to wrestle 24/7 with a virus like no other previously known and encountered.
As much as Sir Humphrey Appleby would be proud of that word salad, it is more concise and accurate to simply say "they don't know what the fuck they are doing". The utter shambles that is the procurement of saliva testing technology is similar.

If this was under the auspices of the "other mob" someone here would be calling it a "buggers muddle" instead of defending it.
[...]
Diligence and dedication by the public, in spite of the government.
Yet this one routinely goes against such advice when it conflicts with their agenda.
Crash
2021-09-14 03:23:17 UTC
From Stuff
PM quoted as saying
“If you've booked a first vaccine but it's not till October,
jump online again, you'll likely find that spots have opened
up at new sites and much sooner than October, please take
them,” Ardern said.
unquote
Is this a hint that the accination roll out is/has been a bit of shambles?
We had that groups 1 to 4, we had little/no follow up that all on groups 1
and 2 got vaccinated. Then we had a booking system. Then cam drive ins and
now we have some drop in places saying that they have a heap of capacity.
The PMs statement above suggests that on one has "maintained" the booking
system.
Better than any comedy if the war was not so important.
Yep. If things were properly organised those already booked could be
asked to book again with the likelihood they could finds an earlier
slot. Just 2 things required - 1 txt/email those involved (requires
contact details for those who have booked though) and 2 for every
booking search for and offer to cancel bookings for the same person
that are at a later date.

If the current booking system has been properly set up both
requirements should be an automated breeze.

2021-09-14 03:29:55 UTC
From Stuff
[...]
I previously posted about a couple that turned up for a schedules vaccination
and the place was closed.
We had a similar experiance more recently, I rang the day before to check that
the pharmacy managed centre was to be open on the day (Level 2) and they said
no it was cancelled three days ago. We received no notice despite having
paperwork by e-mail with our appointments. It is not brain surgery, and they
have had more than a year to organise it.
I would normally not be too concerned except for the lies that we get saying
all is as planned and promised. Simply not true.
Rich80105
2021-09-14 03:55:50 UTC
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
I'm sorry to hear about your experience - its a good thing you
checked! I haven't heard of similar experiences with people I have
talked to. Did you find out why they were closed?
Tony
2021-09-14 04:34:30 UTC
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Yes. Cancelled due to operational requirements.
A bit like the government should be.
But that is of course beside the point which is that the system is seriously
flawed.
There are lots of similar examples, maybe you talk to the wrong people.
James Christophers
Then perhaps it would have been better had Rich been taken in by "Freedom Day" Boris Johnson? (BTW, it's said Classics scholar Johnson's Latin is still pretty hot, yet he is also known to urge caution on any who would naively, even incautiously, boast of theirs.)
Tony
2021-09-14 05:36:03 UTC
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Then perhaps it would have been better had you actually understood that the
failure of this government to manage a simple communication system with respect
to appointments that they had more than a year to organise is a shambles.
Do stop being such a poseur. You know nothing about making things work, but you
are good at talking.
Let the engineers implement and let the amateur academics pontificate.
Rich80105
2021-09-14 10:19:13 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:36:03 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Now you are just being silly. One anecdotal minor inconvenience is
hardly a failure of the whole system - I have had more serious
problems with flight bookings! The most serious problem was that there
was no single database (or database system) in our health system - a
massive undertaking has been getting consistent information in the
first place from DHBs and General Practitioners. Remember also that
most of those working on covid issues in a number of departments
already had a full workload - there has been a massive re-arrangement
of duties to accommodate the necessary new work from covid, while
still trying to progress "business as normal." What is remarkable is
that such minor glitches have been so rare . . .
Tony
2021-09-14 20:40:06 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:36:03 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Absolute garbage as usual. You are tring to defend an incompetent government.
My comments are based in multiple reports of poor communication.
You changed the topic to difficulties with other parts of the health system. I
was referring only to the way that the vacciantion service has communicated
with its customers nothing else.
So stop distracting and changing the topic.
The communication system was never a major challenge but was stuffed up anyway.
Rich80105
2021-09-14 10:11:01 UTC
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Maybe I do - but we all live in our own bubbles to a certain exent -
have any of those you have heard about been published anywhere?
Certainly large numbers have been vaccinated in recent weeks with no
apparent problems; and annoying as it must have been your problem was
relatively minor really, wasn't it?
Tony
My problem is not and never was the point. Do try to keep to the subject.
John Bowes
Your bubble seems to not include anything in the news that shows what a useless shower your government is Rich! Reports of failures within the vaccination system have been fairly regular. Funny how you claim to have never seen them. But that could be either your lack of comprehension or your ability to spin bad press of the government into something totally different or maybe just typical of fucking lying imbeciles like you Rich :)
Rich80105
2021-09-15 03:42:44 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
And I see that, like Tony, you are unable to find any articles about
such minor issues . . .
Tony
2021-09-15 04:29:32 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Minor?
You think it is minor?
What a massively unintelligent and uncaring cretin you are.
You are a Usenet troll personified.
Rich80105
2021-09-15 05:00:28 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:29:32 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
You found out a day before you were due to have a vaccination that the
Chemist where you to get vaccinated was going to be closed the
following day, and you had not been contacted until you checked. While
you were mildly inconvenienced, there is no evidence that it had
anything to do with the government, but you are using it as an example
of a major failure of government. You are of course entitled to do
that - I was driving today and a bird dropped a splat of bird-shit on
my windscreen. An inconvenience, but you will be surprised to know
that I don't think it was politically motivated or that it represents
a failure of government . . .
Tony
2021-09-15 05:08:48 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:29:32 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
I am not at all surprised to learn that a very intelligent bird crapped on your
car.
I feel sorry for the car but you will, I am sure, enjoy cleaning your pride and
joy.
Meanwhile back in the sane world.
The pharmacist was not responsible for communication, there is a government
website that does that.
Do look it up.
George Black
Where do I send the bird seed and encores ????
Tony
2021-09-15 20:26:45 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:29:32 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
I am trying to find out. I have spoken to several local birds and they have put
the word out.
I will keep all who are interested up-to-date as news arrives.
James Christophers
...fused to yer windscreen.
John Bowes
2021-09-15 22:45:56 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:29:32 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48:24 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 23:34:30 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:29:55 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
From Stuff
[...]
Not to mention glasses :)

John Bowes
Remember Rich Labour is the government and no matter how much you lie and bluster the buck stops at Ardern and the useless bastards she plays government with!
John Bowes
Surprise, surprise! I'm surprised you aren't blaming it on National or John Key. Besides telling the truth about your useless government doesn't have to be politically motivated. Like the shit on your window it's just life as we know it!
John Bowes
Hey Tony. don't forget if it tells the truth about Labours inability to organise, govern or give us open government it'll always be minor in Rich's book. After all when all he knows is Labour good National bad you can't expect anything else from a the imbecilic, lying fucking troll!
Rich80105
2021-09-14 03:51:01 UTC
From Stuff
[...]
For our first appointment, my wife received a text reminder (she had
made the booking); for the second I received an email reminder. We had
no problems changing our second booking to a few weeks later - it was
when they changed advice from a 3 week gap to a 6 week gap.
Tony
2021-09-14 03:55:02 UTC
From Stuff
[...]
Even this government cannot get everything wrong every time.