Australian Rules
2020-05-15 07:01:36 UTC
The opposition got very excited about Australia opening up pubs and
restaurants before us - turns out that Australian rules permit a
maximum of 10 customers (total) at a bar or restaurant at any one
time, with a distancing requirement. At a Funeral, there is a maximum
of 20, also with a distance requirement.

A total of 10 customers may not be enough for some bars and
restaurants may not find it worthwhile opening.

I do wonder how much Bridges knew about Australian rules, but the one
hope I do have is that there is no New Zealand funeral that becomes
remembered for starting a second wave of Covid-19.
Rich80105
2020-05-16 06:48:06 UTC
The opposition got very excited about Australia opening up pubs and
restaurants before us - turns out that Australian rules permit a
maximum of 10 customers (total) at a bar or restaurant at any one
time, with a distancing requirement. At a Funeral, there is a maximum
of 20, also with a distance requirement.
A total of 10 customers may not be enough for some bars and
restaurants may not find it worthwhile opening.
I do wonder how much Bridges knew about Australian rules, but the one
hope I do have is that there is no New Zealand funeral that becomes
remembered for starting a second wave of Covid-19.
Sorry i don't wonderm any more