Child bashing
2020-02-13 19:08:29 UTC
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been thumped
into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
JohnO
... because ... Colonisation!
John Bowes
2020-02-13 21:10:21 UTC
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been thumped
into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
... because ... Colonisation!
Or in Rich the idiots case: National!

Personally everyone in the house should be charged with aiding and abetting!
George
2020-02-14 00:21:53 UTC
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:10:21 -0800 (PST)
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been
thumped into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
... because ... Colonisation!
Or in Rich the idiots case: National!
Personally everyone in the house should be charged with aiding and abetting!
Yup. And named
IF the idiot goes with colonising WE should be suing the Saxons, the
Vikings and all the others who invaded our homelands.
It's not even a viable excuse
John Bowes
2020-02-14 00:45:28 UTC
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:10:21 -0800 (PST)
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been
thumped into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
... because ... Colonisation!
Or in Rich the idiots case: National!
Personally everyone in the house should be charged with aiding and abetting!
Yup. And named
IF the idiot goes with colonising WE should be suing the Saxons, the
Vikings and all the others who invaded our homelands.
It's not even a viable excuse
Yup! We'd also have to look closely at the Huns, Mongols, Chinese, Zulu ad infinitum because the history of the world is one of pressure from invasions forcing people to move into new territories.

It's interesting that people persist in blaming colonisation for NZ troubles because Maori invited the English to come and live here. It was only when the English leaders refused to abide by the Treaty that the troubles began!
Rich80105
2020-02-14 01:07:05 UTC
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:10:21 -0800 (PST)
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been
thumped into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
... because ... Colonisation!
Or in Rich the idiots case: National!
Personally everyone in the house should be charged with aiding and abetting!
Yup. And named
IF the idiot goes with colonising WE should be suing the Saxons, the
Vikings and all the others who invaded our homelands.
It's not even a viable excuse
We have seen situations very like this before - a child injured or
killed, and everyone saying "I am innocent; I don't know who did it; I
wasn't there at the time" - so there is no evidence on which any of
those people can be arrested. Certainly they can be questioned;
extensively, but ultimately it is difficult to find proof that would
be sufficient to obtain a conviction. Of course there are always
extremist authoritarians that want action - any action, and bugger the
law, but that just leads to contempt for the rule of law, and no real
justice - those same people would decry vigilante action as being a
sign of the inadequacy of government . . .

Ultimately no governmetnn can prevent all crime, but we at least
currently have a government that is doing something about reducing the
conditions which often give rise to the circumstances that lead to
such appalling events - reducing poverty, reducing housing
overcrowding, reversing the reductions in mental health services. I
feel for the police and others that are having to deal with this
particular event - they are not helped by mindless and ill-thought
through 'suggestions.'
Tony
2020-02-14 03:22:06 UTC
[...]
Most of what you wrote is entirely off topic.
But you said this "they are not helped by mindless and ill-thought
through 'suggestions."
That is correct but if the police believe that members of the family know
something of value and believe that a prosecution can be successful then there
is nothing mindless or ill-thought through about that.
No contempt for the law and no behaviour like the silliness that you describe.
It is all about evidence and probability of conviction - simple really (at
least in principle).
Rich80105
2020-02-14 05:53:17 UTC
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:22:06 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
I believe you are agreeing with the intent of my comment.
My comment was in relation to:
">>Personally everyone in the house should be charged with aiding and
abetting!"
">Yup. And named "

The suggested charges need more than residence to support them, and
naming could result in a case against police.
Tony
2020-02-14 20:46:49 UTC
[...]
That is stil not the point.
Something really needs to be done to address this, clearly the police are
frustrated by what is apparently a desire to protect family members from lawful
prosecution.
There was no ill thought through suggestion that I saw. And not mindless either.
Maybe.
Rich80105
2020-02-14 22:13:05 UTC
On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:46:49 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
[...]
Oh Gosh! Something must be done! Something MUST be DONE!!! Tony has
spoken! He has no iodea what he wants to be done, but there must be a
law that can be used! Torture! Imprisonment! Something MUST be DONE!!!
Something MUST be DONE!!!

We can't have anyone frustrated, can we Tony - so just what do you
want to happen?
Post by Tony
There was no ill thought through suggestion that I saw. And not mindless either.
I guess you feel you have fixed that now . . .
Oh well, pretty legal is probably OK with you, isn't it Tony . . .
Tony
2020-02-14 22:19:26 UTC
Post by Rich80105
The suggested charges need more than residence to support them, and
naming could result in a case against police.
Maybe.
Oh well, pretty legal is probably OK with you, isn't it Tony . . .
If you say so, that is your opinion not mine.
Nasty sarcasm removed.
You are losing it.

Gordon
2020-02-14 04:53:21 UTC
[...]
What is needed is for society to lay down the law, read the riot act and
send a very strong message that this sort of thing is not acceptable.

The LABOUR Government is NOT encouraging this. Note this comment for Rich.
Rich80105
2020-02-14 06:37:57 UTC
[...]
Which law is not being laid down, Gordon? I note that this case is
remareably similar to a case during the previous National-led
government - is anything different being done? Cetainly the laws have
not been changed.
Post by Gordon
The LABOUR Government is NOT encouraging this. Note this comment for Rich.
Not encouraging what, precisely, Gordon? Do you want them to instruct
the police to do something specific in this operational area - and in
particular to ride roughshod over existing laws and court requirements
for convictions? Just what do you think should have happened that can
be done under our laws, Gordon?
George
2020-02-14 19:19:54 UTC
On 14 Feb 2020 04:53:21 GMT
Post by Gordon
What is needed is for society to lay down the law, read the riot act
and send a very strong message that this sort of thing is not
acceptable.
The LABOUR Government is NOT encouraging this. Note this comment for Rich.
Perhaps rich has something actually on subject and pertinent to the
subject ..
There has to be a reason for his unreason
Gordon
2020-02-14 04:46:54 UTC
On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:10:21 -0800 (PST)
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been
thumped into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
... because ... Colonisation!
Or in Rich the idiots case: National!
Personally everyone in the house should be charged with aiding and abetting!
Yup. And named
IF the idiot goes with colonising WE should be suing the Saxons, the
Vikings and all the others who invaded our homelands.
It's not even a viable excuse
Hang on, it is climate change which is the cause of all this, all we, sorry
you need do is to lessen your carbon footprint.
Gordon
Yeah Right! Things have moved on since then. Right?
George
2020-02-14 19:21:49 UTC
On 14 Feb 2020 04:45:01 GMT
Evidently its okay to live in a house where a child has been
thumped into a brain damaged state
knowing what happened and who caused it is okay ???
Because cuzzie ?????????????????.
What the f---
And how can such vicious actions be blamed on any-one but the perp...
... because ... Colonisation!
Yeah Right! Things have moved on since then. Right?
I'm reminded of the colonisation of the Chathams and how those
inhabitants were treated