Promises, promises
2020-09-24 22:28:46 UTC
7 months ago when National was polling at about 45%, here’s what Collins then had to say about critical polling percentages and her party’s election chances:

"Once things start getting under 35 percent, people start saying 'can we win?' And I know I am putting a mark up there which at some stage in the future, if I am successful this time, that people will say 'well, you set that mark’".

"Yep, let me set that mark."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11994559

This week Collins’ party rating has slumped even further to 31%. Her own ‘preferred prime minister’ polling now stands at 18%. (One might justifiably say National has broken yet another promise, but what's new, eh?)

So, one simple question:

With only 21 days to go to the election itself, do Collins and National deserve to find themselves in this position?

It’s a straight question and a fair one at that.
Gordon
2020-09-25 07:03:35 UTC
"Once things start getting under 35 percent, people start saying 'can we win?' And I know I am putting a mark up there which at some stage in the future, if I am successful this time, that people will say 'well, you set that mark’".
"Yep, let me set that mark."
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11994559
This week Collins’ party rating has slumped even further to 31%. Her own ‘preferred prime minister’ polling now stands at 18%. (One might justifiably say National has broken yet another promise, but what's new, eh?)
With only 21 days to go to the election itself, do Collins and National deserve to find themselves in this position?
It’s a straight question and a fair one at that.
We could discuss this at some length, but then its only politics and who
cares come 18 October we all have elected the MPs to the house and then
depending on the numbers, things might get drawn out, or not.