If true, we are in trouble.
2021-05-03 00:23:25 UTC
https://democracyproject.nz/2021/05/03/graham-adams-ardern-in-the-gun-over-he-puapua/
A real worry if this proves to be correct.
Rich80105
2021-05-03 01:06:44 UTC
On Sun, 02 May 2021 19:23:25 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
https://democracyproject.nz/2021/05/03/graham-adams-ardern-in-the-gun-over-he-puapua/
A real worry if this proves to be correct.
Worth listening to:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2018793904/political-commentators-jones-and-morten

Commissioning a report does not imply support or rejection for
everything or any specific item in that report - it is howeve one
input to current or future decision making; on some issues a
government will need to understand a number of radically different
views in order to reach consensus on even starting some policy
research.
Tony
2021-05-03 01:40:44 UTC
Post by Tony
https://democracyproject.nz/2021/05/03/graham-adams-ardern-in-the-gun-over-he-puapua/
A real worry if this proves to be correct.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2018793904/political-commentators-jones-and-morten
Commissioning a report does not imply support or rejection for
everything or any specific item in that report - it is howeve one
input to current or future decision making; on some issues a
government will need to understand a number of radically different
views in order to reach consensus on even starting some policy
research.
You (not only you of course) need to be absolutely sure that the article is
wrong, otherwise you can look forward to something pretty awful.
James Christophers
2021-05-03 02:33:38 UTC
Post by Tony
https://democracyproject.nz/2021/05/03/graham-adams-ardern-in-the-gun-over-he-puapua/
A real worry if this proves to be correct.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2018793904/political-commentators-jones-and-morten
Commissioning a report does not imply support or rejection for
everything or any specific item in that report - it is howeve one
input to current or future decision making; on some issues a
government will need to understand a number of radically different
views in order to reach consensus on even starting some policy
research.
You (not only you of course) need to be absolutely sure that the article is
wrong, otherwise you can look forward to something pretty awful.
Generally speaking, assuming the worst is the instantaneous reaction to anything that smacks of the negative, TVNZ's kiddynews being arguably our prime example. So it doesn't do to over-react, however febrile the nature and habit of "a nation of fretful sleepers" (Bill Pearson 1951).

However, there has more recently been fully organised and determined prosecution of a patent and subliminal across-the-board influencing towards Maori gaining a far stronger presence and foothold in New Zealand's education and overall governance. This behaviour includes an in-yer-face ramping up of Maori linguistic and cultural inclusivity, much of it toe-curlingly crass and self-consciously gawky. Awkward, and incongruously contrived and performed amateur dramatics presented by the media on its world stage is never a good look.

Again, rather than a trumped-up Treaty add-on, this more recent news suggests a consolidation of what is now happening into a more visible and tangible structure having its own singular identity made legitimate by **its own self-determining laws" under the Crown - essentially, an independent state within a state in all but name. (Lethoso -ish)

So, is such a consolidation of what is plainly a self-arrogated policy, originally and specifically mandated *in terms** in the Treaty of Waitangi, the very same Treaty, mark you, whose "principles" rationalise and justify every unyielding claim and counter-claim coming from the Maori quarter?

To me, in 2021,an independent sovereignty based solely on abstract 180 year-old "principles" don't cut it, never can, and never should be allowed to do so.

And even if it were somehow to, does the overarching **all-inclusive** without-fear-or-favour Constitution of New Zealand under the Crown even permit it?

Anyone...?
Tony
2021-05-03 03:19:04 UTC
[...]
Yes. I trust the writings of our almost entirely amateur journalists no more
than anyone else. However we know that the document exists and the content
thereof is now pretty much public property.
Regardless of the fact that our government is democratically elected it
certainly does not have the mandate to do what the article suggests, and the
treaty does not provide a basis for it.
The document was requested by the government and if it is not to be implemented
it should be torn up and we should be told that it has been, otherwise the
comment about the Prime Minister’s reputation as open and transparent is the
least of our worries.
I predict one of two things.
1. The idea will die and the sooner the better.
or
2. There will be insurrection and Lord help us all if that happens.

Perhaps "Something wicked this way comes".
Mutlley
2021-05-03 04:10:43 UTC
[...]
Guess that's why Liebor was so keen on the gun buy back. If there was
to be an insurrection less guns to fight back with.
John Bowes
The gangs have still got theirs.....
Mutlley
They were never going to be a part of the buy back.
Rich80105
2021-05-05 03:05:08 UTC
Post by Mutlley
[...]
But much tougher penalties for having the firearms that the law
required to be surrendered - a welcome change.
John Bowes
No change at all you stupid socialist slut! Your glorious government promised us we'd be safe after they turned honest gun owners into criminals and yes ANOTHER failed promise from the useless twits!
James Christophers
2021-05-03 04:52:26 UTC
[...]
However, there has more recently been a fully organised and determined
[...]
1. The idea will die and the sooner the better. actual
or
2. There will be insurrection and Lord help us all if that happens.
Perhaps "Something wicked this way comes".
One wonders: Is Mahuta behind this...?

Well...we now turn to New Zealand's equivocation over the previously committed remit of its Five-Eyes membership, just announced...

...by Mahuta.

Mahuta is front, face and voice of New Zealand's international diplomacy. Globally, her words, appearance and gestures - her outward persona - evoke what New Zealand stands for. To the outside world of finely nuanced diplomacy, Mahuta's persona collectively represents and **characterises** the combination of influences that inevitably underly this nation's subjectively perceived persona - its very thinking and doing.

So, while Ardern may well be the cover-girl, the figurehead, representing New Zealand's global presence and persona, in terms of practical, tangible global recognition and standing in all down-to-earth international defence negotiations, Mahuta **is** New Zealand. And I can tell you right now that, whatever anyone might think of the Five-Eyes alliance, to its other members, Mahuta's name is Treachery. As global defence diplomacy goes, then, not bad for a first crucial outing by someone who's been in the job five minutes.

Now imagine if you would even dare to, an entirely separate and sovereign entity establishing itself in New Zealand...

..under Mahuta.

Think on, everyone...
John Bowes
Except your government has a record of falling into line with most of what the UN demands of the world Rich AND they're about as open as an oyster at low tide. Ardern's supposed surprise at Seymours questioning on this is about as believable as most of your posts!
Mutlley
2021-05-03 04:04:40 UTC
https://democracyproject.nz/2021/05/03/graham-adams-ardern-in-the-gun-over-he-puapua/
A real worry if this proves to be correct.
This is obviously the reason the pushed the Maori representation on
councils with no course of opposition so quickly.
Tony
2021-05-03 04:22:59 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Tony
https://democracyproject.nz/2021/05/03/graham-adams-ardern-in-the-gun-over-he-puapua/
A real worry if this proves to be correct.
This is obviously the reason the pushed the Maori representation on
councils with no course of opposition so quickly.
I did not make that connection. But you could be right.