Numbers update
2021-09-04 04:17:05 UTC
Number of new community cases: 20
Number of new cases identified at the border: 2
Location of community cases (total): Auckland 765 (includes 52 recoveries); Wellington 17 (includes two recoveries)
Number of community cases (total): 782 (in current community outbreak)
Cases infectious in the community: 30% of yesterday’s cases have exposure events
Cases in isolation throughout the period they were infected: 70% of yesterday’s cases
Cases epidemiologically linked: 16 of today’s cases
Cases to be epidemiologically linked: 4 of today’s cases
Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 752 (in current cluster) (30 unlinked)
Number of sub-clusters: Eight. The two largest subclusters are the Mangere church group: 352; and Birkdale social network cluster: 74
Cases in hospital: 43 (total): North Shore (10); Middlemore (18); Auckland (15).
Cases in ICU or HDU: 7
Confirmed cases (total): 3,391 since pandemic began
Historical cases, since 1 Jan 2021 (total): 127 out of 1,570 since 1 Jan 2021
John Bowes
You forgot the word known in all your info Keith ;)
Gordon
Deaths now up one to 27.
Rich80105
2021-09-04 23:31:56 UTC
[...]
Which is very sad.

I am thankful we have kept deaths so low, and I feel for New South
Wales where some friends are concerned but unable to retur to NEw
Zealand at this time. From:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-03/nsw-records-1431-new-covid-19-cases-12-deaths/100431182

"September and October will be the most challenging because we are
going [to be] dealing with extra hospitalisations and extra ICU
hospitalisations.

"But we're also going through both the exciting but challenging time
of opening up."

Ms Berejiklian said her government would next week release modelling
that showed how many people it expected to end up in hospital with
COVID-19 in September and October.

LIVE UPDATES: Read our blog for the latest news on the COVID-19
pandemic
The Premier said the next few weeks would not be a "rosy stretch" —
the case figures could be "scary" and health system would be
stretched.

"I don't want people to be concerned by that because that is what is
in our pandemic plan. That is what we have planned and prepared for,"
she said.

So New South Wales have planned for opening up, and have planned for
the resulting deaths . . . I am glad that we have stuck to seeking
elemination within our borders together than in MIQ - and that in
general this has the support of around 85% of our population.