An Opinion from Facebook, and Respect
2020-09-23 07:37:43 UTC
The following was brought to my attention from Facebook. KIndness if
often used to describe Jacinda Ardern, but it is more complex than
that;another word that is appropriate is respect. She shows respect to
others, consistently - Peters saw that when he decided to go with
Labout, and the management of the three parties that made up the
government has been characterised by mutual respect. To an extent
Seymour shows more respect for others than many politicians - it may
be why his party has attracted votes that would otherwise have gone to
National. Anyway, here is the facebook post I thought worth shareing:

THERE'S REALLY NO DEBATE

I must confess, there was a time when I had my doubts about Jacinda
Ardern. Back in the day, when she used to face off in the House
against Paula Bennett, it often seemed that Paula, pushy, pugnacious
and with a jugular-instinct for the humiliating put-down (remember
'Zip it Sweetie!') got the better of her. It often seemed that because
she was unwilling to be loud and rude, Jacinda lacked the strength and
the stomach necessary for the rough and tumble of politics at the
highest level. But it only seemed that way. Fast forward a few years
and it is Ardern who is the Prime Minister and Bennett who works for
Bayleys. Why is that?

On Facebook, I often see the meme 'Don't mistake my kindness for
weakness'. This could be Jacinda's mantra. Since becoming PM, she has
confronted, among a million other things, a mass shooting, a volcanic
eruption and, of course, a pandemic that triggered a world-wide health
crisis and global recession. Without once raising her voice, without
once blaming or belittling or bullying anyone, she led the country
through an unprecedented minefield that has claimed the lives of a
million souls worldwide and brought an end to life as we knew it.
Jacinda brought her particular skillset to a situation that has
stonkered most other leaders and oversaw the development and
implementation of a plan to pull New Zealand through. And, so far, it
has. That the world now looks to us as a model is testament not to
good luck (though how lucky we are to live on these glorious islands
at this difficult time) but rather, to good management. The PM's good
management. And you don't have to take my word for it because the
numbers speak for themselves. If we were drowning in an ocean of
death, Judith's only argument, that National are better managers than
Labour, might warrant a desperate second look. But the numbers don't
support that argument.

This is the insurmountable problem for Judith. The very qualities she
demonstrated in last night's debate, loudness, rudeness, impatience,
contempt, confrontation, these have proved to be the very qualities
you DON'T need to succeed against Covid-19. Ask Trump. Ask Boris. Like
them, Judith is constitutionally hard-wired for political conflict.

For her, to rule is to divide. There can be no winners without losers
in her world. And as we see in the UK and the USA, when it comes to
Covid-19, losing is an existential concept. Life or death.

If I had any doubts about Jacinda Ardern, they have long since
vanished. It's not just what she said. It not just the way she said
it. It's what she did that matters to me. When pandemic panic gripped
the planet, she never lost her cool. Though it has been a punishing
time, New Zealand has made it through in better shape than most, if
not all of the world.

Judith says she can do better. But every time she referred to the PM
as Miss Ardern, she displayed a disrespect that diminished only
herself. If anything, it highlighted that if we as nation have any
blessings to count, it is due to the competence, compassion and
courage of a young woman and mother who answered history's call and
answered it with distinction.

So there's really no debate.
Gordon
2020-09-23 08:24:43 UTC
[...]
This is very true. There are people who appear kind and unable to hurt a
fly. However if one tries to ride rough shod over this kind person they
very soon discover that the fight is on and they will not win.

Just under the surface there is a cache of weapons which will be used if
necessary.
John Bowes
Correct. There was no debate. Ardern showed herself to be shallow and talentless. Collins won, ardern lost. Get over it Rich and don't believe crap like this. all ardern is good for is talking about problems and claiming Nationals efforts for her own party!
George
2020-09-23 20:42:42 UTC
On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 02:48:38 -0700 (PDT)
Post by John Bowes
Correct. There was no debate. Ardern showed herself to be shallow and
talentless. Collins won, ardern lost. Get over it Rich and don't
believe crap like this. all ardern is good for is talking about
problems and claiming Nationals efforts for her own party!
Call it a Peter problem.
He did it, put the petulant head shaker into power.
And the left keep her there with their control of the media.
i.e how dare you insult OUR PM... nothing about THE PM...

Fake news.

Bought by liebor and only to happy to roll over...
2020-09-24 00:42:17 UTC
[...]
Because she has always been, essentially, a vulgar, unformed character tarted up like a cheap realtor on the make. However, undone by her own ambition and as if somehow hoping to redeem herself, she's at last realised where she truly lies in the lower end of the spectrum of human decency by taking up a role that perfectly complements her intrinsically unwholesome instincts and persona.
Post by Rich80105
On Facebook, I often see the meme 'Don't mistake my kindness for
weakness'. This could be Jacinda's mantra. Since becoming PM, she has
confronted, among a million other things, a mass shooting, a volcanic
eruption and, of course, a pandemic that triggered a world-wide health
crisis and global recession. Without once raising her voice, without
once blaming or belittling or bullying anyone, she led the country
through an unprecedented minefield that has claimed the lives of a
million souls worldwide and brought an end to life as we knew it.
Jacinda brought her particular skillset to a situation that has
stonkered most other leaders and oversaw the development and
implementation of a plan to pull New Zealand through. And, so far, it
has.
True or untrue?
Post by Rich80105
Judith says she can do better. But every time she referred to the PM
as Miss Ardern, she displayed a disrespect that diminished only
herself.
Not entirely my way of seeing it (in any case, Campbell's Monday night crudely conveyed yah-boo fest could only have been a trainwreck from start to finish). But in a more general sense, any politician so foolish and arrogant as to surrender herself to such a repellent sleaze like Cameron Slater as his tarbaby, can herself only embody an unwholesomeness that has no place anywhere near the governance of this country or any other democracy for that matter.
Post by Rich80105
If anything, it highlighted that if we as nation have any
blessings to count, it is due to the competence, compassion and
courage of a young woman and mother who answered history's call and
answered it with distinction.
Unduly emotive language, though it does convey the essence of the woman.
Post by Rich80105
So there's really no debate.
About which of 'em should govern after the election? Or what, exactly?