royalty free pictures needed
bodger
2006-04-11 03:37:36 UTC
Has anyone got any idea where images can be downloaded that can be used on
printed products. I've found a few but it always says that the images can't
be used in a calendar or something similar where the calendar is sold.
Deck
2006-04-11 04:09:13 UTC
http://www.morguefile.com/
bodger
2006-04-12 08:12:47 UTC
Post by Deck
http://www.morguefile.com/
Really useful, thanks.
brazen
2006-04-11 04:31:34 UTC
I think www.dreamstime.com images can - there may be a limit on volume.

Gay
BTMO
2006-04-11 06:15:50 UTC
Post by brazen
Post by bodger
Has anyone got any idea where images can be downloaded that can be used on
printed products. I've found a few but it always says that the images can't
be used in a calendar or something similar where the calendar is sold.
I think www.dreamstime.com images can - there may be a limit on volume.
That is correct, and the limit is 500,000 reproductions.

:-)

Cheers,

brenton (Dreamstime contributor)
bodger
2006-04-11 06:32:08 UTC
Post by BTMO
Post by brazen
Post by bodger
Has anyone got any idea where images can be downloaded that can be used on
printed products. I've found a few but it always says that the images can't
be used in a calendar or something similar where the calendar is sold.
I think www.dreamstime.com images can - there may be a limit on volume.
That is correct, and the limit is 500,000 reproductions.
:-)
However, I think the following means we can't use it

Web templates, greeting cards or postcards especially designed for sale,
similar print-on-demand services, canvas, t-shirts, mugs, calendars,
postcards, mouse pads or any other items incorporating the image in an
essential manner, intended to be sold or given for free, are considered
redistribution (if the image is used in an essential manner). The use of
Dreamstime.com images for these purposes is not permitted. It is also
forbidden to make the image available on a website for download (as
wallpapers for example), although you may use the image in a concept in as
many websites as you want, for any number of clients. For Web use, you must
not use the image at a width exceeding 800 pixels.
BTMO
2006-04-11 06:42:11 UTC
Post by bodger
Post by BTMO
That is correct, and the limit is 500,000 reproductions.
:-)
However, I think the following means we can't use it
Web templates, greeting cards or postcards especially designed for sale,
similar print-on-demand services, canvas, t-shirts, mugs, calendars,
postcards, mouse pads or any other items incorporating the image in an
essential manner, intended to be sold or given for free, are considered
redistribution (if the image is used in an essential manner). The use of
Dreamstime.com images for these purposes is not permitted. It is also
forbidden to make the image available on a website for download (as
wallpapers for example), although you may use the image in a concept in as
many websites as you want, for any number of clients. For Web use, you must
not use the image at a width exceeding 800 pixels.
I think that is only for "print on demand" stuff - printed images is ok.

"If you use the images for printed materials, the number of copies must not
exceed 500,000. You may modify the images in any way required for
reproduction, or include them in your own personal creations."

Send them an email and ask them for clarification. I suspect you will get an
answer pretty quickly, and then you will know for sure.

Cheers,

Brenton
Have A Nice Cup of Tea
2006-04-11 05:32:05 UTC
Post by bodger
Has anyone got any idea where images can be downloaded that can be used on
printed products. I've found a few but it always says that the images can't
be used in a calendar or something similar where the calendar is sold.
There are plenty of CD sets that have tens of thousands of images that you
can use in any project you like.

Have A Nice Cup of Tea
--
"When a company starts fighting over IP, it's a
sign they've lost the real battle, for users."
Enkidu
2006-04-11 08:19:16 UTC
Post by bodger
Has anyone got any idea where images can be downloaded that can be
used on printed products. I've found a few but it always says that
the images can't be used in a calendar or something similar where the
calendar is sold.
There must be plenty of pictures without a king or a queen, or even a
prince or princess in them.

Cheers,

Cliff
I'm A Trampoline
2006-04-11 11:02:46 UTC
http://www.sxc.hu/ was/is good. I haven't checked it in a while.
bodger
2006-04-12 08:13:07 UTC
Post by I'm A Trampoline
Post by bodger
Has anyone got any idea where images can be downloaded that can be used on
printed products. I've found a few but it always says that the images can't
be used in a calendar or something similar where the calendar is sold.
http://www.sxc.hu/ was/is good. I haven't checked it in a while.
Still is good. Thanks