'pakeha' & 'palangi' vs 'Nigger'
$OLO
2010-01-20 04:12:59 UTC
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'

as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
vitw
2010-01-20 05:47:46 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
The paperwork has an option for 'Pakeha'.
But I bet there's no option for 'Sea Nigger'.
Collector_NZ
Wop, dago Towel Head, tar brush oh hell theres hundreds
Br. Scooter
2010-01-21 08:46:09 UTC
On , , 20 Jan 2010 17:47:46 +1200, Re: 'pakeha' & 'palangi' vs 'Nigger', vitw
Post by vitw
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
The paperwork has an option for 'Pakeha'.
You are quite at liberty to cross it out and write whatever you want to.
Post by vitw
But I bet there's no option for 'Sea Nigger'.
In your case I doubt there is an option for microcephalic.

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
bubba ray
Cracker.
JohnO
Honky
Roger Dewhurst
2010-01-20 18:31:40 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent. When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro
2010-01-20 21:32:28 UTC
Post by Roger Dewhurst
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent. When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
I’d go along with that. :)
Lawrence “Either “EANZ” or “SEANZ“” D’Oliveiro
Lyndon Watson
2010-01-20 21:46:08 UTC
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent.  When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.

LW
Brian Dooley
2010-01-21 03:23:30 UTC
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:46:08 -0800 (PST), Lyndon Watson
Post by Lyndon Watson
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent.  When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.
I don't think I'll live long enough for next time.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Roger Dewhurst

Roger Dewhurst
2010-01-21 04:44:05 UTC
Post by Lyndon Watson
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent. When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.
Actually I thought, in retrospect, that it was one of my better efforts too.

LW
Br. Scooter
2010-01-21 08:45:08 UTC
On , , Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:44:05 +1300, Re: 'pakeha' & 'palangi' vs 'Nigger',
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by Lyndon Watson
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent. When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.
Actually I thought, in retrospect, that it was one of my better efforts too.
Who did you plagiarise it from?

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
Roger Dewhurst
2010-01-21 21:00:31 UTC
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by Lyndon Watson
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent. When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.
Actually I thought, in retrospect, that it was one of my better efforts too.
Who did you plagiarise it from?
Nobody! Thought up on the spot.

Anatole France.
Br. Scooter
2010-01-21 08:44:41 UTC
On , , Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:46:08 -0800 (PST), Re: 'pakeha' & 'palangi' vs
Post by Lyndon Watson
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent.  When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.
Roger very rarely,if ever,posts anything of his own creation.
I doubt if this is either.

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
A _L_ P
2010-01-21 03:55:42 UTC
Post by Lyndon Watson
Post by Roger Dewhurst
Post by R***@hotmail.com
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
MNZ for New Zealanders of maori descent, BNZ for New Zealanders of
British descent, ENZ for New Zealanders of European descent, CNZ for
chinese descent, INZ for indian descent, PNZ for Pacific island descent
and ONZ for any other descent. When everybody get sufficiently pissed
off with the letters they might just settle for New Zealander.
Every now and again Roger says something sensible. Well done that
man.
By George you're right. Both of you.

A L P
Collector_NZ
2010-01-21 07:10:46 UTC
Post by $OLO
[...]
New Zealander is not an official option on any forms I have struck, is
our govt, Racist ???
Allistar
2010-01-21 07:35:43 UTC
Post by Collector_NZ
Post by $OLO
[...]
Yes, it is.

Regarding no "New Zealander" - that's what you put in "Other".
--
A good End cannot sanctify evil Means; nor must we ever do Evil, that Good
may come of it. -William Penn
R***@hotmail.com
2010-01-21 08:50:14 UTC
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:10:46 +1300, Collector_NZ
Post by Collector_NZ
Post by $OLO
[...]
The Census is not racist, but questions about ethnic origin are often
misunderstood as being so.
misanthropic_curmudgeon
What about us mongrels?
Roger Dewhurst
2010-01-21 21:04:20 UTC
Post by misanthropic_curmudgeon
Post by $OLO
[...]
MNZ/BNZ or BNZ/MNZ depending on who was on top, for example!

Jack

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
-Newsman-
Non-wog.
Allistar
2010-01-21 02:29:15 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
New Zealander.

I don't want to be, nor do I need to be pigeon-holed by where my ancestors
came from.
--
A good End cannot sanctify evil Means; nor must we ever do Evil, that Good
may come of it. -William Penn
Jack
Exactly!
Br. Scooter
2010-01-22 11:16:45 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
New Zealander.
I don't want to be, nor do I need to be pigeon-holed by where my ancestors
came from.
What are you hiding?

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
Allistar
2010-01-24 06:13:45 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
New Zealander.
I don't want to be, nor do I need to be pigeon-holed by where my ancestors
came from.
What are you hiding?
Nothing. I don't agree with pigeon-holing based on ancestry, gender or race.
--
A good End cannot sanctify evil Means; nor must we ever do Evil, that Good
may come of it. -William Penn
Collector_NZ
2010-01-21 07:09:35 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
Nope I am New Zealander, and it is seldom an option on any forms
including census
Br. Scooter
2010-01-21 11:59:59 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
Nope I am New Zealander, and it is seldom an option on any forms
including census
FGS man, put a line through the existing examples and write NEW ZEALANDER.
I don't fill in census forms anyway.

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
greybeard
2010-01-21 22:45:01 UTC
"Collector_NZ" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4b580133$***@news.orcon.net.nz...
| ***@hotmail.com wrote:
| > On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:12:59 -0800 (PST), "$OLO"
| > <***@woosh.co.nz> wrote:
| >
| >> I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
| >> "palangi"
| >> it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality
as
| >> something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
| >>
| >> as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
| >> these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem
tell
| >> them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
| >> continue calling you that shit then go hard.
| >> I am currently in the process of making these words legaly
classified
| >> as racist.
| >> Whos with me?
| >
| > So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
| Nope I am New Zealander, and it is seldom an option on any forms
| including census

For several census rounds I put "New Zealander" in the "Other" section
of the census forms, and twice had follow up census enumerators knocking
on the the door checking this designation. I later found out via news
media
that statistics NZ changes "NZer" to "European" for several tens of
thousands
of census forms. NZer is unacceptable to them.
So, last census I put "Pacific Islander" as ethnic origin.
Reasoned like this: Statistics NZ won't accept NZer so; North Island is
in Pacific,
I must be a Pacific Islander then!
Sure enough, census enumerator came a knocking again.............

I've come to the conclusion that StatsNZ data is crap, they just change
to suit the preconcieved outputs they desire. Just look at the religious
affliations
baloney they produce.

greybeard.
Jack
2010-01-21 23:52:08 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
So what terminology do you prefer? European New Zealander?
Nope I am New Zealander, and it is seldom an option on any forms
including census
Nothing stops you from saying that, done it for years. The Census Dept
accepts it. In fact they have to.
Br. Scooter
2010-01-21 08:43:28 UTC
On , , Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:12:59 -0800 (PST), 'pakeha' & 'palangi' vs 'Nigger',
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
You appear to be labouring under some kind of illusion that those two words
signify a nationality.
They don't.
New Zealander is your nationality.
You are quite entitled to write either European or Caucasian in instead.

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.
A _L_ P
2010-01-21 03:54:06 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
Not I.

I am in favour of all words being OK rather than some words being given
extra power to cause offence. The sooner being offended goes out of
fashion the better.

A L P
ChristianKnight
2010-01-31 00:40:26 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
Yes I agree these words a derogatory racists insults.
Christ's love
m***@gmail.com
2016-01-25 02:41:44 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
This may be old but I don't care.
I hate the damn word, and call everyone who calls me a pakeha, a nigger.
I'd rather be called white. or kiwi. I am not european and have no traits resembling europeans. Caucasian is fine, a word that means white man worldwide.
Fred
Just Parki (Parkee) okay with you then?
Allistar
2016-01-25 03:41:55 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by $OLO
[...]
We shouldn't be asked our ethnicity at all unless it's for something medical
where that is relevant.

The sooner we stop trying to categorise people the better.

It's like the term "African American". Someone in the states with dark skin
whose great great granmother was born in Zambia is "African American", but a
fair skinned person born in Africa that moves to the USA is not. That's just
bonkers! The latter is far more an African American than the former because
they were actually born in Africa.
--
"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."
creates the incentive to minimize your abilities and maximize your needs.
victor
2016-01-25 04:12:51 UTC
Post by Allistar
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by $OLO
[...]
So you just made a different category.

They use the class African Americans in the US because "descendants of
black slaves" is a bit embarrassing for a civilized country to admit.

You are right though, we are all descendants of dark skinned Africans.
Allistar
2016-01-25 04:16:26 UTC
Post by victor
Post by Allistar
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by $OLO
[...]
Categorising people as African American perpetuates many of the social
issues caused by bigotry.

Similarly with gender specific pronouns. The sooner we're rid of them the
better too.
victor
2016-01-25 07:56:13 UTC
Post by Allistar
Post by victor
Post by Allistar
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by $OLO
[...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Americans

Should help you with the definition.
No mention of confusion with fair skinned immigrants in African
countries. I expect there is a word for them in the local tongue
geopelia
2017-03-13 06:44:06 UTC
Post by $OLO
[...]

When I was young (1930s) we all used the N word and didn't think anything of
it.
There was a rhyme "Ten little N..... boys" that every child knew in Britain.
Then we were told to say Darky instead. I think that could be offensive
too, these days.

I try not to offend anybody, and I don't care what folks call me. (I'm
English).
l***@gmail.com
2016-11-24 00:57:56 UTC
You are a litteral faggot. stop it. Pa'alagi is actually sky people fuckhead. Nigger mean black now get over it
l***@gmail.com
2016-11-24 01:07:20 UTC
You are a litteral faggot. stop it. Pa'alagi is actually sky people fuckhead. Nigger mean black now get over it
l***@gmail.com
2016-11-24 01:07:21 UTC
You are a litteral faggot. stop it. Pa'alagi is actually sky people fuckhead. Nigger mean black now get over it
r***@gmail.com
2017-03-12 12:47:04 UTC
I am pretty sure a pig is a Poaka in Maori so whit pig would be poaka ma. How was that messed up to say Pakeha.
Pooh
2017-03-12 22:39:43 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I am pretty sure a pig is a Poaka in Maori so whit pig would be poaka ma. How was that messed up to say Pakeha.
It wasn't.

Pooh
p***@gmail.com
2018-11-09 18:42:59 UTC
Pakeha is an insult but palagi is a compliment you dumbass it means people from the sky. You were called gods
l***@gmail.com
2019-05-26 17:01:18 UTC
Bro who told you “pakeha” means white shit ? Lol you are mis informed and who ever told you that is well we call in maori “ignorant EGG”😂

Anyway, I was told that the word pakeha comes from the ancestors. The word “Pa” means - village or place. The word “keha” is short for “kehakeha” which means “majical or mysterious etc” . Together meaning “magical place”.

Story goes when Maori people First saw European ships sail in to aotearoa they came on big magical vessels with luscious sails and obviously technology that no one had ever seen. Al ready baffled, these men had skin that shine bright and mystical. Then these men proceeded to paddle into shore on small boats paddling there canoes forwards but they were facing backwards? . The people though wow — these people must come from a “magical place”. Hence the name

Pakeha.
h***@gmail.com
2020-02-08 12:17:15 UTC
Tena koe e hoa, the last bro's deffinition was close. pakeha was short for pakehakeha - one of the sea gods of oral tradition.some legends say these beings were light skinned and rowed their canoes backwards like the english did. hence the comparison. it has no derogatory meaning in any way in the maori language and isnt used as anything else but to identify a people as opposed to us.the difference between me and the bro complaining about the word meaning white pig is he has no knowledge of our culture or language and no idea what he's saying.i am maori (tuhoe) and fluent in te reo. its only a racist term in your own head bro. you are the one insulting yourself ,we aren't.
c***@gmail.com
2020-03-04 07:16:29 UTC
Post by $OLO
I agree with you on the word pakeha being a racist term, along with
"palangi"
it pisses me off having to sign a paperwork and put my nationality as
something that means either 'white pig or white shit'
as logical as it may seem, being racist back to the people who use
these words wont solve anything. if you want to solve the problem tell
them that you think its racist, if they don't listen to you and
continue calling you that shit then go hard.
I am currently in the process of making these words legaly classified
as racist.
Whos with me?
Pa-Keha (The name given to Europeans)means the Insanitary People (Pa, clan, people or nation ; ke-ha. insanitary, diseased, stagnant, bad-breathed, scrofulous, syphilitic)--a reference to the spreading by Europeans of such diseases as syphilis, gonorrhea, tuberculosis, etc., etc.
Maori Symbolism,
Author; Ettie A, Rout
Publi8shed 1926