Been here done this
2020-03-19 19:12:09 UTC
Any-one else here old enough to remember the Polio epidemics?
Especially the late 40s early 50s when all the schools shut down and we
had Correspondence school sending us lessons.

And the prettiest woman in the area who was my aunt and uncles
bridesmaid died from Polio.
A memory to Eileen O'Callaghan and all those who ended up in iron lungs
and iron leg braces.
2020-03-19 20:18:42 UTC
Any-one else here old enough to remember the Polio epidemics?
Especially the late 40s early 50s when all the schools shut down and we
had Correspondence school sending us lessons.
And the prettiest woman in the area who was my aunt and uncles
bridesmaid died from Polio.
A memory to Eileen O'Callaghan and all those who ended up in iron lungs
and iron leg braces.
Bit before my time though it was still around. Do remember getting the polio vaccine along with TB shots though.

I have a nephew who has his staff working from home (he and his wife are architects) and has pulled his kids from school to home school them till things calm down. I support him fully. we can't be to careful and shouldn't take any notice of idiots like Hypkins who claimed the education system was the safest place just as 150 schoolkids and teachers were being tested for the virus!