Gotham Country
2020-11-07 08:58:39 UTC
Who remembers Gotham City, i.e., Auckland 1998 2-week power outage?
This happened because maintenance wasn't being done and no-one was
really paying attention to the power grid. Did you know that there
were 4 managers in charge of that, and all were dead within a year!

Similarly, is enough attention being paid to our national power grid?
Or will we become Gotham Country one day soon. Then we'll have to beg
China for help. Somebody tell Jacinda about this, or would her eyes
just glaze over.
Rich80105
2020-11-07 09:41:48 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Who remembers Gotham City, i.e., Auckland 1998 2-week power outage?
This happened because maintenance wasn't being done and no-one was
really paying attention to the power grid. Did you know that there
were 4 managers in charge of that, and all were dead within a year!
Similarly, is enough attention being paid to our national power grid?
Or will we become Gotham Country one day soon. Then we'll have to beg
China for help. Somebody tell Jacinda about this, or would her eyes
just glaze over.
Privatisation is very difficult to reverse, Willy Nilly - but not to
worry, the market will provide what it does best, won;t it - the
profits will make up for any deficiencies . . .
Crash
2020-11-07 19:39:03 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Who remembers Gotham City, i.e., Auckland 1998 2-week power outage?
This happened because maintenance wasn't being done and no-one was
really paying attention to the power grid. Did you know that there
were 4 managers in charge of that, and all were dead within a year!
Similarly, is enough attention being paid to our national power grid?
Or will we become Gotham Country one day soon. Then we'll have to beg
China for help. Somebody tell Jacinda about this, or would her eyes
just glaze over.
Privatisation is very difficult to reverse, Willy Nilly - but not to
worry, the market will provide what it does best, won;t it - the
profits will make up for any deficiencies . . .
Except that the National Grid is still entirely government-owned but
set up as an SOE rather than the government department that it was
beforehand. Don't let the facts get in the way of a food conspiracy,

2020-11-07 18:59:13 UTC
On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 08:58:39 GMT
Post by Willy Nilly
Who remembers Gotham City, i.e., Auckland 1998 2-week power outage?
This happened because maintenance wasn't being done and no-one was
really paying attention to the power grid. Did you know that there
were 4 managers in charge of that, and all were dead within a year!
Similarly, is enough attention being paid to our national power grid?
Or will we become Gotham Country one day soon. Then we'll have to beg
China for help. Somebody tell Jacinda about this, or would her eyes
just glaze over.
Just park those unemployed cruise ships at the bottom of Queen Street
and use them to generate the power Auckland needs
2020-11-07 23:10:56 UTC
On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 08:58:39 GMT
Post by Willy Nilly
Who remembers Gotham City, i.e., Auckland 1998 2-week power outage?
This happened because maintenance wasn't being done and no-one was
really paying attention to the power grid. Did you know that there
were 4 managers in charge of that, and all were dead within a year!
Similarly, is enough attention being paid to our national power grid?
Or will we become Gotham Country one day soon. Then we'll have to beg
China for help. Somebody tell Jacinda about this, or would her eyes
just glaze over.
Just park those unemployed cruise ships at the bottom of Queen Street
and use them to generate the power Auckland needs
They can double as quarantine hostels :)