So Labour is caring?
2020-11-10 20:28:42 UTC
Not according to Bernard Hickey!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/300155251/government-should-use-printed-money-to-increase-benefits-which-will-be-spent-in-the-economy

Seems they're just making the rich richer and ignoring the suffering of those in poverty Rich!
greybeard
2020-11-11 01:15:42 UTC
Not according to Bernard Hickey!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/300155251/government-should-use-printed-money-to-increase-benefits-which-will-be-spent-in-the-economy
Seems they're just making the rich richer and ignoring the suffering of those in poverty Rich!
According to Richbot doing this is equivalent to defaulting on foreign
debt!!

At least that was his opinion on this NG when I mentioned "The deficit
myth : modern monetary theory and how to build a better economy" by
Author Stephanie Kelton. That wa Richbot's ignorant, uninformed reply,
after I suggested that because NZ has a sovereign currency, printing
money was the easy choice for strategic infrastructure investments.

Obviously this is the Lieboor party line, and the next step is a return
to government Austerity. Budgets for this term will pass all govt new
spending onto employers ( paid sick leave, new stat holidays )
ratepayers ( cleaning up waterways and "green-washing" ), and of course
user-payers for everything ( MIQ, health and education, energy costs..
.............) Austerity, austerity; kill the economy off to get the
deficit down.
John Bowes
2020-11-11 05:11:58 UTC
Post by greybeard
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Take care mate. Rich will be bleating 'fake news' faster than he lies with comments like that :)