Covid - why we should liten to the experts . . .
2020-04-28 10:47:20 UTC
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
keep firm - illustrated by the yawning mouth of the idiots who are
already arguing htat that we over-reacted and should drop sensible
precautions quickly:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/28-04-2020/siouxsie-wiles-toby-morris-welcome-to-alert-level-three-now-lets-finish-what-we-started/
Mutlley
2020-04-28 20:46:32 UTC
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
keep firm - illustrated by the yawning mouth of the idiots who are
already arguing htat that we over-reacted and should drop sensible
https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/28-04-2020/siouxsie-wiles-toby-morris-welcome-to-alert-level-three-now-lets-finish-what-we-started/
Siouxsie Wiles. This is the same idiot who at the end of January
told the government that we would not get Coronavirus in NZ??
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/mike-hosking-breakfast/audio/siouxsie-wiles-on-why-we-are-unlikely-to-see-a-coronavirus-outbreak-in-new-zealand/#ath
Rich80105
2020-04-28 21:30:17 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Rich80105
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
keep firm - illustrated by the yawning mouth of the idiots who are
already arguing htat that we over-reacted and should drop sensible
https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/28-04-2020/siouxsie-wiles-toby-morris-welcome-to-alert-level-three-now-lets-finish-what-we-started/
Siouxsie Wiles. This is the same idiot who at the end of January
told the government that we would not get Coronavirus in NZ??
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/mike-hosking-breakfast/audio/siouxsie-wiles-on-why-we-are-unlikely-to-see-a-coronavirus-outbreak-in-new-zealand/#ath
That was on the 28th January - when facts changed, her opinion
changed.

Near the top is:
"The deadly virus has infected almost three thousand people across the
world - with 81 people confirmed dead in China.

The Ministry of Health says it's highly likely the virus will reach
New Zealand shores.

Auckland University's Siouxsie Wiles says we are likely to see cases
here due to the high number of overseas cases, but told Mike Hosking
the number of cases is likely to be limited.

"We don't have the same population density and when small number of
cases come in, they can be easily isolated and stopped." "

In January that was probalbly a reasonable view, but then it
transpired that people coud infect others before they showed symptoms
- the story then changed.

Sad that the message didn't get through to Simon Bridges who in
mid-March was calling for tax cuts . . .

Or to Mike Hosking about anything . . .
John Bowes
2020-04-29 05:44:47 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Yet you didn't say anything when the so called government started talking about giving every adult Kiwi $1500 to 'stimulate' the economy. The tax cuts would put continuing money in their pockets the $1500 will go in many cases on drugs, cigarettes, booze and gambling hardly the part of the economy we need to stimulate!
He speaks far more truth than you Rich. Is that why he scares the shit out of you/ Do you know your glorious leader and her disorganised and useless government are and just don't like being reminded of it?
Rich80105
2020-04-29 07:03:46 UTC
On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 22:44:47 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by Mutlley
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Not everyone has your spending pattern, John.
John Bowes
2020-04-29 10:32:32 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Rich80105
[...]
If they did Dumbo the country would possibly be in a better condition than this government will leave us.
Nice how you bitch about others deleting your shit from posts but as usual are quite happy to behave like the good Marxist you are and do what you bloody want :)
Willy Nilly
2020-04-28 22:18:56 UTC
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
You may be astounded to learn that "experts" have differing opinions
about this and everything else. If you listen to *all* the experts,
you'll learn a lot but not necessarily what you should do. Sweden has
their own expert, a world-renowned epidemologist, who is taking Sweden
in a very different direction than our own. So to say we should
"listen to the experts" is an oxymoron.

As for "the excellent Siouxsie Wild", would you believe an "expert"
who dresses up as Bozo the Clown? No? But you are, aren't you?
Mutlley
2020-04-28 23:40:23 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by Rich80105
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
You may be astounded to learn that "experts" have differing opinions
about this and everything else. If you listen to *all* the experts,
you'll learn a lot but not necessarily what you should do. Sweden has
their own expert, a world-renowned epidemologist, who is taking Sweden
in a very different direction than our own. So to say we should
"listen to the experts" is an oxymoron.
As for "the excellent Siouxsie Wild", would you believe an "expert"
who dresses up as Bozo the Clown? No? But you are, aren't you?
I bet she is lining herself up for a nice safe high up labor list
seat for the next election and if they get in the next Minister of
Health.
Rich80105
2020-04-29 00:29:33 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Post by Rich80105
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
You may be astounded to learn that "experts" have differing opinions
about this and everything else. If you listen to *all* the experts,
you'll learn a lot but not necessarily what you should do. Sweden has
their own expert, a world-renowned epidemologist, who is taking Sweden
in a very different direction than our own. So to say we should
"listen to the experts" is an oxymoron.
As for "the excellent Siouxsie Wild", would you believe an "expert"
who dresses up as Bozo the Clown? No? But you are, aren't you?
I bet she is lining herself up for a nice safe high up labor list
seat for the next election and if they get in the next Minister of
Health.
I am sure she would be flattered by your admiration for her, but no, I
don't think she has any aspirations to stannd for parliament.
John Bowes
Oh? Did the voices in your head tell you that Rich? I doubt if shed get a place in the Labour line up because she was telling Jacinda we needed to go into lock down weeks before the PM talked to her friends in the UK!
BR
2020-04-29 17:12:04 UTC
The excellent Siouxsie Wild and Toby Morris explain why we need to
keep firm - illustrated by the yawning mouth of the idiots who are
already arguing htat that we over-reacted and should drop sensible
https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/28-04-2020/siouxsie-wiles-toby-morris-welcome-to-alert-level-three-now-lets-finish-what-we-started/
Which "experts"?

Not all these "experts" agree.

Bill.