So Auckland's in level 4 lock down?
2021-09-07 04:44:49 UTC
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
Rich80105
2021-09-07 06:08:48 UTC
On Mon, 6 Sep 2021 21:44:49 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
Presumably one or more essential workers, and either a train or truck.
It is good that those essential workers will be regularly tested
across a 4/2 boundary. As for all deliveries, up to you as to whether
you wipe the package down before opening, etc.
idanoo
2021-09-07 06:14:49 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
Presumably one or more essential workers, and either a train or truck.
It is good that those essential workers will be regularly tested
across a 4/2 boundary. As for all deliveries, up to you as to whether
you wipe the package down before opening, etc.
Yeah, I know previously "Essential Items" have still be able to be
delivered. Had a few things show up recently in Auckland too with no
postal delays
John Bowes
Not essential items :)
George Black
2021-09-07 19:47:06 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
Presumably one or more essential workers, and either a train or truck.
It is good that those essential workers will be regularly tested
across a 4/2 boundary. As for all deliveries, up to you as to whether
you wipe the package down before opening, etc.
Yeah, I know previously "Essential Items" have still be able to be
delivered. Had a few things show up recently in Auckland too with no
postal delays
Ordered some stuff from the Warehouse.
Several are unavailable so I get reimbursed...
Try again later
John Bowes
2021-09-07 07:11:17 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
Presumably one or more essential workers, and either a train or truck.
It is good that those essential workers will be regularly tested
across a 4/2 boundary. As for all deliveries, up to you as to whether
you wipe the package down before opening, etc.
Good fucking grief Rich! Calling a fucking imbecile must be a complement in your lexicon.
So if I wipe the package down it'll save all the workers who've handled it between here and Rosedale. You truly deserve all the respect you get in nz.gen :)
Rich80105
2021-09-07 10:44:28 UTC
On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 00:11:17 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
Presumably one or more essential workers, and either a train or truck.
It is good that those essential workers will be regularly tested
across a 4/2 boundary. As for all deliveries, up to you as to whether
you wipe the package down before opening, etc.
Good fucking grief Rich! Calling a fucking imbecile must be a complement in your lexicon.
So if I wipe the package down it'll save all the workers who've handled it between here and Rosedale. You truly deserve all the respect you get in nz.gen :)
No it won't but it may save you . . .
Just looking after your interests as usual, John Bowes
John Bowes
The only interests you look after are those of the woke left which includes your glorious Labour/Green movement. Movement is the perfect word to describe you and Labour/Green Rich :)
Crash
2021-09-07 09:28:54 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
No problem. Delta is transmitted via air-based particles, not
touching surfaces. That is why your butcher etc can offer delivered
orders. We got meat and eggs this way from the local butcher in level
4 through contactless delivery.

This is not the pre-delta level 4.

2021-09-07 09:39:02 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
No problem. Delta is transmitted via air-based particles, not
touching surfaces. That is why your butcher etc can offer delivered
orders. We got meat and eggs this way from the local butcher in level
4 through contactless delivery.
This is not the pre-delta level 4.
I've been getting food delivered by Countdown since first lock down. Excellent service. What I was curious about was how living outside of Auckland (Upper Hutt) I was getting delivery of goods (non urgent) that originated in Auckland. Have since figured it out but it still has me scratching my head but grateful that mail and couriers are considered essential. Kind of makes the closed border for auckland look a lot like Swiss cheese ;)
It was Rich being an idiot suggesting parcels from Auckland should be wiped down....
Rich80105
2021-09-07 10:46:51 UTC
On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 02:39:02 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by John Bowes
[...]
I suggested it ws up to you whether you wipe down parcels - it was
recommended when we first went into lockdown last year, but I
appreciat that may feel like half a life-time to you John
George Black
Countdown is the supermarket/grocery deliverer of choice
John Bowes
Ordered some raw prawns a while ago which they managed to lose. The reimbursed me with a special delivery twice what I'd ordered and a chocolate bar. I was quite happy to accept. Had to get my lady love to come and help me eat them :)
Gordon
2021-09-07 23:49:27 UTC
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
I am sure your delivery was essential.

People carry covid, not deliveries.
John Bowes
2021-09-07 23:53:14 UTC
Please explain how I( just got a delivery from Mighty ape?
The track started in Rosedale, went to East Tamaki and from there to Silverstream.
I am sure your delivery was essential.
People carry covid, not deliveries.
I'm aware of that Gordon even though they're still learning about the delta variant. My curiosity is how they're getting deliveries from Auckland to Wellington without risking spreading it.
btw it was Rich behaving like an imbecile who suggested wiping the delivery. Information of about as much use as any of it's posts :)