Are we afraid yet
Sam
2020-03-17 19:38:48 UTC
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
2020-03-18 23:43:47 UTC
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
Should we be, Sam? It is clearly marked "Opinion" - and the author
admits it is a bizarre story . . .
On the other hand this type of rifle does exist - see for example:
https://www.guncity.com/22-lr-smith-wesson-mp-15-22-16-minox-2-10x45-ranger-red-dot-package-364455
Should we be afraid?
John Bowes
Yes Rich. We should be afraid! We should fear Littles attack on free speech as well as the governments attack on lawful gun owners. Idiots like you and the shower of shit Winston foisted on us are only interested in destroying a way of life you don't understand because of your support of a despotic political ethos!
Rich80105
2020-03-19 00:49:49 UTC
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 17:25:31 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
Should we be, Sam? It is clearly marked "Opinion" - and the author
admits it is a bizarre story . . .
https://www.guncity.com/22-lr-smith-wesson-mp-15-22-16-minox-2-10x45-ranger-red-dot-package-364455
Should we be afraid?
Yes Rich. We should be afraid! We should fear Littles attack on free speech as well as the governments attack on lawful gun owners. Idiots like you and the shower of shit Winston foisted on us are only interested in destroying a way of life you don't understand because of your support of a despotic political ethos!
Well I am not afraid of the opinion by Dieuwe de Boer, but having that
sort of firearm avaiable is a little concerning. I don;t see any
attack on free speech, and an opinion which is presented as a bizarre
story is not of itself an attack on lawful gun owners.
John Bowes
2020-03-19 07:47:08 UTC
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
Should we be, Sam? It is clearly marked "Opinion" - and the author
admits it is a bizarre story . . .
https://www.guncity.com/22-lr-smith-wesson-mp-15-22-16-minox-2-10x45-ranger-red-dot-package-364455
Should we be afraid?
Yes Rich. We should be afraid! We should fear Littles attack on free speech as well as the governments attack on lawful gun owners. Idiots like you and the shower of shit Winston foisted on us are only interested in destroying a way of life you don't understand because of your support of a despotic political ethos!
Well I am not afraid of the opinion by Dieuwe de Boer, but having that
sort of firearm avaiable is a little concerning.
Why Rich? He purchased it legally and hasn't modified it. My concern is the police visited him shortly after he'd gone through the process of getting a licence and proceeded to check everything that had been already checked by the police! Do we have police now who sdon't trust their own coleagues to do their job properly!
With your persistent whitewashing of a corrupt and useless government I'm not surprised Rich. There were a lot like you in Germany and Russia in the late 30's!
Rich80105
2020-03-19 09:12:43 UTC
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 00:47:08 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by Sam
[...]
Do you have any evidence of that? Remember this is just an opinion
piece; we have been offered no evidence of any of it - the author
calls is a bizarre story
Tony
2020-03-19 19:57:37 UTC
Post by Sam
[...]
The author was obviously using the word bizarre to refer to the police actions,
not to the veracity of the story.
Obviously there is no way for the author to provide evidence, just like there
is no way to provide evidence that the police are not being systematically
politicised.
30's!
John Bowes
The only evidence we're getting is that rich is getting stupider by the day :)
John Bowes
2020-03-19 20:12:29 UTC
Post by Sam
[...]
You make thick look like an accolade Rich! If he'd modified the weapon he'd have had it confiscated and be answering charges in a court of law!

You're getting sillier as it becomes more obvious that Winston's circus is corrupt and inept. Desperation is all you have. Reasoned argument is beyond your ability!
Tony
2020-03-19 00:43:47 UTC
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
This is one example but there have been several similar cases and well
documented.
Try this https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/03/what-to-do-during-a-visit-from-the-police/
Worth knowing if you happen to have any firearms (I no longer have).
Rich80105
2020-03-19 00:56:28 UTC
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 19:43:47 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
This is one example but there have been several similar cases and well
documented.
Try this https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/03/what-to-do-during-a-visit-from-the-police/
Worth knowing if you happen to have any firearms (I no longer have).
Looks reasonable advice; but it may be a mistake to treat every
approach by the Police as an extreme adversary situation - I would
recommend listening to them explain why they are asking. I find it
strange that many of those seeking stronger police actions also
advocate getting as close to uncooperative as legally possible.
Tony
2020-03-19 01:28:02 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
This is one example but there have been several similar cases and well
documented.
Try this
https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/03/what-to-do-during-a-visit-from-the-police/
Worth knowing if you happen to have any firearms (I no longer have).
Looks reasonable advice; but it may be a mistake to treat every
approach by the Police as an extreme adversary situation - I would
recommend listening to them explain why they are asking. I find it
strange that many of those seeking stronger police actions also
advocate getting as close to uncooperative as legally possible.
I have not seen anything like that.
Anyway, if the police cannot accept that people wish to insist on their rights
then the police have a problem.
My experience is that police are easy to work with and fair.
Rich80105
Exactly, just the point I was making.
James Christophers
2020-03-19 21:35:32 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Sam
https://www.rightminds.nz/articles/police-continue-intimidate-licenced-firearms-owners?fbclid=IwAR38NsLRk9YKw6xVT4mGfsI2Pf_DxnkCW2e26Zyri-907hu-ucdMVk36IA4
This is one example but there have been several similar cases and well
documented.
Try this https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/03/what-to-do-during-a-visit-from-the-police/
Worth knowing if you happen to have any firearms (I no longer have).
Looks reasonable advice; but it may be a mistake to treat every
approach by the Police as an extreme adversary situation - I would
recommend listening to them explain why they are asking. I find it
strange that many of those seeking stronger police actions also
advocate getting as close to uncooperative as legally possible.
Something like that, yes.

Those who loudly demand the right to full protection from the law at any time of night or day also tend be the very same people who also demand freedom from the law's inquiry into themselves when the law deems it appropriate.
Tony
2020-03-19 22:09:40 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Sam
[...]
Not in my experience. Most people cooperate fully with the authorities but at
the same time require their rights to be observed. Not at all a hard balance
for the vast majority of community minded people.
James Christophers
2020-03-19 22:39:48 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Sam
[...]
And rightly so. But the authorities may always inquire within the limitations of the law's right-to-inquire vested in them. But there are occasions when this may breach the subject's comfort zone, betraying a manner that encourages further unwelcome interest in him.
Post by Tony
Not at all a hard balance for the vast majority of community minded people.
Depends what you call "community minded" and exactly who and what kind of people that "community" actually represents.

Again, this may well include the behavioural mindset of the individual subject, this having been formed by his previous life-experiences and those of his forefathers plus his reactions to what these have brought upon him.