Press balance?
2020-05-21 03:13:53 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/121586172/todd-mullers-expenses-show-he-is-spending-like-a-leader
and
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/300017656/todd-muller-the-uninteresting-middle-manager-lacking-charm-and-zing

Looks like the "free" press are already doing their bit for democracy.
John Bowes
I'd rather see Judith as leader. she has fire and scares the government shitless :)
George
2020-05-21 20:07:28 UTC
On Wed, 20 May 2020 21:25:57 -0700 (PDT)
Post by John Bowes
I'd rather see Judith as leader. she has fire and scares the
government shitless :)
Actually Simon also does.
Do you imagine for one minute that they would be so virulent against a
nonentity ??????????????????
2020-05-21 08:20:30 UTC
On Wed, 20 May 2020 22:13:53 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/121586172/todd-mullers-expenses-show-he-is-spending-like-a-leader
and
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/300017656/todd-muller-the-uninteresting-middle-manager-lacking-charm-and-zing
Looks like the "free" press are already doing their bit for democracy.
I thought the first one reasonably fair - it is the sort of piece that
would have been written about any politician in which there is a
sudden interest. It explained lower down that he was getting around
the country talking to constituents - that is his job after all. I
don't think Muller would be too unhappy about that one.

The second one is an opinion piece, which seems to be code for
anything from quite reasoned views to irrational partisan muck which
we get from one regular Herald "contributor". I think this is far
short of the Hosking end - but it still seems unreasonably snide, and
most of the article does not relate to the headline anyway. Damien
Grant often annoys people; he may be unfairly treated by a sub-editor,
but I don't see it as good journalism.
George
2020-05-21 20:05:15 UTC
Post by Tony
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/121586172/todd-mullers-expenses-show-he-is-spending-like-a-leader
and
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/300017656/todd-muller-the-uninteresting-middle-manager-lacking-charm-and-zing
Looks like the "free" press are already doing their bit for democracy.
Oh yes.
And by their tone and nuances you can just tell how unbiased those
paragons of truth are/ sarcasm off..
Fake news just cant help themselves