Collins and Seymour: poor judgement and own goals
2021-09-22 05:28:14 UTC
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/a-political-tactic-where-nobody-wins/ar-AAOufTk?ocid=msedgdhp

To me, a piece that gives the author's clear and unumbiguous opinions.

The header forms my own initlal contribution in the form of a brief summing up. Others may now wish to further expand and progress as , if and when...
John Bowes
2021-09-22 05:45:16 UTC
Some with less bias than you and Jess would say they're doing what the opposition does Keith. That would be an unambiguous opinion. Not bad for an initial response surely old pip :)
Firu
2021-09-22 09:59:39 UTC
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/a-political-tactic-where-nobody-wins/ar-AAOufTk?ocid=msedgdhp
To me, a piece that gives the author's clear and unumbiguous opinions.
The header forms my own initlal contribution in the form of a brief summing up. Others may now wish to further expand and progress as , if and when...
In fairness this isn't the first time NZ opposition parties have
attempted to advance or prop up and/or improve their political standing
by adopting shitty and shady tactics. Trouble is every time they do this
they screw up the chances of people taking them seriously. If you have
to wait for something to happen that the government really should be
held to task over so be it.

Right now Labour are being seen to do the 'right things'. That's not to
say everything is OK. It surely isn't, but whinging about
inconsequential stuff just to cause embarrassment isn't helping either
the opposition or the country.

Not that the above will make much difference. The reality is unstinting
support of a political dogma is a fact of life for most sheeple these
days. You only have to witness some of the venom spitting loons we see
daily in this forum.

Personally I don't give a shit which party is in power if it does a good
job for NZ. Bit of a bugger that there's only one of four that has any
ideas. (And not all of then are good.)
James Christophers
2021-09-22 22:34:57 UTC
Post by Firu
Post by James Christophers
[...]
Unstinting **and** unthinking, I'd say.
Post by Firu
You only have to witness some of the venom spitting loons we see
daily in this forum.
Personally I don't give a shit which party is in power if it does a good
job for NZ. Bit of a bugger that there's only one of four that has any
ideas. (And not all of then are good.)
I take the same line at each general election: vote for the outfit that looks likely to do the least damage to the nation's social fabric and wellbeing.

In which case, I'd say first among all policies to be addressed by any and every party, in government or opposition, is to examine and re-jig the economy such that the total value of zero-productivity wealth extraction shall never exceed that of real-productivity wealth creation. If this is not assured and rigorously maintained - it also involves the Reserve Bank[1] - then nothing can be assured other than continued mounting poverty and deprivation among those already least well off, so placing an even further undue burden on society right across the board.

But what have we so far heard in any way factual, substantial and convincing from Collins and Seymour on such a key reformative policy? Anybody?

Mmmm... so, if Collins, Seymour, and the sheeple who cleave to their wilful divisiveness as if Holy Writ are ever to be taken seriously, then they'll do well to heed those hard truths that until now they have evaded in favour of cheap point-scoring only to further befoul their own nests.

[1] What could be more damaging to a nation's long-term economic prospects than its printing of paper money to fuel even more zero-productivity wealth-extraction to temporarily get itself out of a hole it has previously dug for itself.