Don Brash
Evil Bastard
2005-09-18 00:33:17 UTC
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader, a true
National's National.

But the majority of NZ don't want him.
At least not at the moment.
--
Cheers
EB

E. Scrooge
2005-09-18 00:56:43 UTC
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader, a true
National's National.
But the majority of NZ don't want him.
At least not at the moment.
--
Cheers
EB
The majority don't want Helen Clark.

E. Scrooge
Bling-Bling
2005-09-18 03:13:11 UTC
Post by E. Scrooge
The majority don't want Helen Clark.
The majority of what?

If you mean the majority of the National Party, then you would be correct.

But if you mean the majority of New Zealand, then you would be wrong.

Bling Bling
--
Windows is a bonfire, Linux is the sun. Linux only looks smaller if you lack
perspective.
Sue Bilstein
2005-09-18 04:10:52 UTC
Post by Bling-Bling
Post by E. Scrooge
The majority don't want Helen Clark.
The majority of what?
If you mean the majority of the National Party, then you would be correct.
But if you mean the majority of New Zealand, then you would be wrong.
At the current count, 41% of NZers want her. And your definition of
majority is ... ?
Max Burke
2005-09-18 06:09:11 UTC
Post by Sue Bilstein
At the current count, 41% of NZers want her. And your definition of
majority is ... ?
41% for HC beats 39% for DB.
--
***@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images
Sue Bilstein
2005-09-18 07:14:11 UTC
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:09:11 +1200, "Max Burke"
Post by Max Burke
Post by Sue Bilstein
At the current count, 41% of NZers want her. And your definition of
majority is ... ?
41% for HC beats 39% for DB.
Another arithmetic-challenged poster. So, do you think that 41% of
voters are a majority of voters?

BTW National got 40%.
shannon
2005-09-18 07:34:50 UTC
Really ?
Sue Bilstein
2005-09-18 07:55:11 UTC
Hint: read the thread.
baggly grimmel
2005-09-18 08:40:02 UTC
So with you that makes two at least, go back to the sink.
shannon
2005-09-18 10:20:07 UTC
Post by baggly grimmel
Post by shannon
Post by Sue Bilstein
Post by Max Burke
41% for HC beats 39% for DB.
Another arithmetic-challenged poster.
Really ?
So with you that makes two at least, go back to the sink.
Graeme Butler from Tauranga Dolphins is stalking again.
What a loser
Max Burke
2005-09-19 07:44:04 UTC
Post by Max Burke
41% for HC beats 39% for DB.
Another arithmetic-challenged poster.
Are you REALLY claiming that 41% isnt a majority when comparing it to 39%?

If you are then we all know who is the mathmatically challenged one.....
Post by Sue Bilstein
So, do you think that 41% of
voters are a majority of voters?
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters compared to
the 39% figure......
Post by Sue Bilstein
BTW National got 40%.
Still the minority Sue....
--
***@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images
Dave Joll
2005-09-19 09:11:45 UTC
Post by Max Burke
Post by Sue Bilstein
So, do you think that 41% of
voters are a majority of voters?
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters compared to
the 39% figure......
As I understand it, that makes it a plurality, not a majority.
To be a majority it would have to be greater than all other
figures combined.
Max Burke
2005-09-20 06:28:16 UTC
Post by Dave Joll
Post by Max Burke
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters
compared to the 39% figure......
As I understand it, that makes it a plurality, not a majority.
To be a majority it would have to be greater than all other
figures combined.
What other figures?
--
***@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images
Dave Joll
2005-09-20 07:15:35 UTC
Post by Max Burke
Post by Dave Joll
Post by Max Burke
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters
compared to the 39% figure......
As I understand it, that makes it a plurality, not a majority.
To be a majority it would have to be greater than all other
figures combined.
What other figures?
I probably should have said "parties" instead... The figures
for the other parties. To be an outright majority of voters
the figure would have to be >50%.
E. Scrooge
2005-09-20 21:02:15 UTC
Post by Max Burke
Post by Dave Joll
Post by Max Burke
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters
compared to the 39% figure......
As I understand it, that makes it a plurality, not a majority.
To be a majority it would have to be greater than all other
figures combined.
What other figures?
No wonder Labour is crowing with voters like you. 51 % of the country never
voted for Labour at all.
Far worse than that though is the fact that over 90% of the country never
voted for the hippy Green idiots, and yet the Greens are going to have a big
say in the running of the country.

Just how many would have voted for Labour if they knew there was a chance
that the Greens want Energy and Transport?

E. Scrooge
Sue Bilstein
2005-09-19 11:15:15 UTC
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:44:04 +1200, "Max Burke"
Post by Max Burke
Post by Sue Bilstein
So, do you think that 41% of
voters are a majority of voters?
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters compared to
the 39% figure......
Post by Sue Bilstein
BTW National got 40%.
Still the minority Sue....
The majority don't want Helen Clark.
(Bling Bling)
The majority of what?

If you mean the majority of the National Party, then you would be
correct.

But if you mean the majority of New Zealand, then you would be wrong.
-----

Bling Bling claims that the majority of NZ want Helen Clark. But only
41% of NZers voted for her party.

That is not the majority of NZers. Got it? 41% is not a majority.
My God, it's only 1% more than 40%, which is how many voted for Don
Brash.

Pending the counting of the special votes, of course.
John B
2005-09-19 11:21:27 UTC
Post by Max Burke
Post by Sue Bilstein
So, do you think that 41% of
voters are a majority of voters?
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters
compared to the 39% figure......
Post by Sue Bilstein
BTW National got 40%.
Still the minority Sue....
-----
Post by Sue Bilstein
41% of NZers voted for her party.
No. 41% of people that bothered to vote. That's a lot less than
41% of NZ'rs.
Max Burke
2005-09-20 06:31:07 UTC
Post by Max Burke
2% more than 39%. that does make 41% the *majority* of voters
compared to the 39% figure......
BTW National got 40%.
Post by Max Burke
Still the minority Sue....
Tell me how 41% IS LESS than 39% Sue....
--
***@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images
E. Scrooge
2005-09-20 21:05:35 UTC
Post by Max Burke
Still the minority Sue....
Tell me how 41% IS LESS than 39% Sue....
59% voted against Labour.
Over 90% voted against the Greens.
And damn near everyone voted against Anderton.

E. Scrooge
David Lloyd
2005-09-21 02:37:35 UTC
Post by E. Scrooge
Post by Max Burke
Still the minority Sue....
Tell me how 41% IS LESS than 39% Sue....
59% voted against Labour.
Over 90% voted against the Greens.
And damn near everyone voted against Anderton.
About time you accepted the election outcome Eb, the lying Don Brash
missed out. Get over it and move on. Go and play golf or better yet go
on a date!

Max Burke
2005-09-20 06:38:54 UTC
Post by Sue Bilstein
Bling Bling claims that the majority of NZ want Helen Clark. But only
41% of NZers voted for her party.
Only 39% voted for the National party. That's even less of a majority that
the Labour percentage....
Post by Sue Bilstein
That is not the majority of NZers. Got it? 41% is not a majority.
Neither is 39%

Just following YOUR maths here Sue.....

Total of ALL votes cast = 100%

The MAJORITY of votes cast (pecentage wise) were for Labour; 41% in case you
have forgotten.

For every 100 votes Labour got 41, National got 39, and the minor parties
got the rest.....

Hence the majority of voters voted FOR Labour.

But again Sue that making it VERY simple so you can understand it.....
--
***@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images
daemon9
2005-09-18 00:58:33 UTC
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader, a true
National's National.
But the majority of NZ don't want him.
At least not at the moment.
Stop lying!!!

Centre Left = 1,001,154 votes
Centre Right = 1,015,689 votes

d9
steve
Those aren't votes for National....
Evil Bastard
2005-09-18 02:38:31 UTC
Post by daemon9
Stop lying!!!
Centre Left = 1,001,154 votes
Centre Right = 1,015,689 votes
You're counting NZF in the 'right' votes, which is the real lie.
NZF's voting record is centre, with more left than right.

Take away NZF from your 'right' total and you'll see a clear win for the
'left' vote.
--
Cheers
EB

gimp
2005-09-18 04:02:37 UTC
Post by Evil Bastard
Post by daemon9
Stop lying!!!
Centre Left = 1,001,154 votes
Centre Right = 1,015,689 votes
You're counting NZF in the 'right' votes, which is the real lie.
NZF's voting record is centre, with more left than right.
Take away NZF from your 'right' total and you'll see a clear win for the
'left' vote.
..eh... that's all BS really, i think most ppl including the media are
trying to label the minority parties as left or right, but IMO i think
winston would take a carrot from whoever offered, and the appropriate
spin on whether his government is left or right comes after he's part of
the government.
Enkidu
2005-09-18 04:50:48 UTC
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.

Cheers,

Cliff
spamaccountforme
As opposed to a dishonest cow and a professional politician?
Evil Bastard
2005-09-18 05:33:22 UTC
Post by Enkidu
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.
Exactly!
--
Cheers
EB

Agnes Volestrangler XIII
2005-09-18 06:55:48 UTC
Post by Enkidu
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.
(a) He appears to be in better shape than many people years younger, and
(b) Everyone did *something* before they went into politics. Whaddaya
want, politicians who come snot-nosed and acne'd straight from the
diploma course at Politician Wananga?

A L P
John Cawston
2005-09-18 07:22:32 UTC
Post by Agnes Volestrangler XIII
Post by Enkidu
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.
(a) He appears to be in better shape than many people years younger, and
(b) Everyone did *something* before they went into politics. Whaddaya
want, politicians who come snot-nosed and acne'd straight from the
diploma course at Politician Wananga?
It took Helen six years to get her party support up to level 1990-96.
"Hot Dog" Brash did it in 2 years, and against the best economic
situation in 40 years.

JC
A L P
Evil Bastard
2005-09-18 07:49:53 UTC
Post by Enkidu
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.
(a) He appears to be in better shape than many people years younger, and
(b) Everyone did *something* before they went into politics. Whaddaya
want, politicians who come snot-nosed and acne'd straight from the
diploma course at Politician Wananga?
It took Helen six years to get her party support up to level 1990-96.
"Hot Dog" Brash did it in 2 years, and against the best economic
situation in 40 years.
With a little help from some very powerful friends.
--
Cheers
EB

John Cawston
2005-09-18 08:24:18 UTC
Post by Enkidu
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.
(a) He appears to be in better shape than many people years younger, and
(b) Everyone did *something* before they went into politics. Whaddaya
want, politicians who come snot-nosed and acne'd straight from the
diploma course at Politician Wananga?
It took Helen six years to get her party support up to level 1990-96.
"Hot Dog" Brash did it in 2 years, and against the best economic
situation in 40 years.
With a little help from some very powerful friends.
He was already leading in some polls before that mail drop and
consequent fall out.

JC
Sue Bilstein
2005-09-18 08:47:31 UTC
Post by John Cawston
Post by Evil Bastard
Post by John Cawston
It took Helen six years to get her party support up to level 1990-96.
"Hot Dog" Brash did it in 2 years, and against the best economic
situation in 40 years.
With a little help from some very powerful friends.
He was already leading in some polls before that mail drop and
consequent fall out.
With friends like the Exclusive Brethren, who needs enemies? They -
plus the red-hot media beat-up about them - would have cost National
some percentage points.

But the fact is, we live in a democracy with freedom of speech. The
Brethren were entitled to say what they liked.
Evil Bastard
2005-09-18 10:31:38 UTC
Post by Sue Bilstein
But the fact is, we live in a democracy with freedom of speech. The
Brethren were entitled to say what they liked.
In which case wouldn't it have been more honest for Brash to have said
up front that he was being supported by xtian fundies?

He would have won the election were it not for the mistrust he triggered
in the electorate.
--
Cheers
EB

Sue Bilstein
2005-09-18 10:46:16 UTC
Post by Evil Bastard
Post by Sue Bilstein
But the fact is, we live in a democracy with freedom of speech. The
Brethren were entitled to say what they liked.
In which case wouldn't it have been more honest for Brash to have said
up front that he was being supported by xtian fundies?
He would have won the election were it not for the mistrust he triggered
in the electorate.
So you reckon at the start of the campaign Brash should have given a
list of everyone who expressed support?

The Sensible Sentencing Trust
The AA
The Taupo Lions Club ....
David Lloyd
2005-09-19 00:26:41 UTC
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:55:48 +1200, Agnes Volestrangler XIII
Post by Enkidu
Post by Evil Bastard
Is the perfect, quintessential, archetypal National leader,
a true National's National.
He's an old fart and a bean counter.
(a) He appears to be in better shape than many people years younger, and
(b) Everyone did *something* before they went into politics. Whaddaya
want, politicians who come snot-nosed and acne'd straight from the
diploma course at Politician Wananga?
That's not a bad idea Agnes. There's an opening here for a bright
money-making type - Politician School. The school could run courses on
how to become a policitian, both local body and national. This is
definitely a winner.

David