Fuckup du Jour, 20/09/2021
2021-09-19 23:42:52 UTC
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/09/covid-19-outbreak-waikato-mayor-furious-prisoner-was-remanded-into-region-from-auckland-despite-different-alert-levels.html

Prisoner released from bail, untested, allowed to go out of Auckland L4 to Waikato, starts a new cluster there.

Yet someone will make excuses for the government as per usual.

As Des Gorman says, dumb luck has its limits and the government finally ran out of it.
Tony
They ran out of luck, but have plenty of dumb left.
George Black
Oh there will be an excuse. Maybe it was a day ending in "y"
Willy Nilly
2021-09-20 01:34:39 UTC
Prisoner released from bail, untested, allowed to go out of Auckland L4 to Waikato, starts a new cluster there.
But the prison was not known to have COVID. So where did he get it
from? 3 possibilities:

(1) the prison has wide-spread undetected COVID (seems unlikely), or
(2) the transporters had COVID (seems unlikely), or
(3) he caught COVID from the protective suit that he was required to
wear during the transport. The suit appears to have been permanent
equipment, thus likely worn by previous COVID-positives?
James Christophers
(4) An undetected and/or asymptomatic individual legitimately visiting the prisoner under Corrections' provisions?
Willy Nilly
2021-09-20 04:59:04 UTC
(1) the prison has wide-spread undetected COVID (seems unlikely), or
(2) the transporters had COVID (seems unlikely), or
(3) he caught COVID from the protective suit that he was required to
wear during the transport. The suit appears to have been permanent
equipment, thus likely worn by previous COVID-positives?
(4) An undetected and/or asymptomatic individual legitimately visiting the prisoner under Corrections' provisions?
Again improbable. What I like about (3) is that if the protective
suit had COVID, it certainly would have infected him. It looked like
re-usable equipment. Oh well, perhaps they'll tell us soon.
James Christophers
Which more often than not is the way these things usually go anyway. Wiser, then, not to spend further time on what can only be unproductive speculation.
JohnO
2021-09-20 08:02:01 UTC
Prisoner released from bail, untested, allowed to go out of Auckland L4 to Waikato, starts a new cluster there.
But the prison was not known to have COVID. So where did he get it
(1) the prison has wide-spread undetected COVID (seems unlikely), or
(2) the transporters had COVID (seems unlikely), or
(3) he caught COVID from the protective suit that he was required to
wear during the transport. The suit appears to have been permanent
equipment, thus likely worn by previous COVID-positives?
(4) An undetected and/or asymptomatic individual legitimately visiting the prisoner under Corrections' provisions?
Collected from jail by an infected person with two others in the car in contravention of court orders. Multiple stops on way home in contravention of court orders. Infected person visited others in contravention of court orders.

At its core: a COVID response legal environment where a bailed prisoner was trusted to do the right thing, but not regular, law abiding members of society.
JohnO
2021-09-20 07:58:43 UTC
Prisoner released from bail, untested, allowed to go out of Auckland L4 to Waikato, starts a new cluster there.
But the prison was not known to have COVID. So where did he get it
(1) the prison has wide-spread undetected COVID (seems unlikely), or
(2) the transporters had COVID (seems unlikely), or
(3) he caught COVID from the protective suit that he was required to
wear during the transport. The suit appears to have been permanent
equipment, thus likely worn by previous COVID-positives?
Got if from the dickheads who picked him up from jail.

Details here:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/09/prisoner-at-centre-of-waikato-covid-outbreak-appears-to-have-breached-multiple-bail-conditions.html

This is what you get when you have Muppets running your COVID response. A farce.
Willy Nilly
2021-09-20 21:40:29 UTC
Got if from the dickheads who picked him up from jail.
They're certainly not giving out details about that person. I'd
speculate a girlfriend who came along for the ride? But if they
refuse to say more about the person, could be a bum steer.
JohnO
They guys is patched Black Power gang member. As we know the gangs are financially supported and enabled by the government so no surprises here.
Rich80105
Do you have any evidence of either statement, JohnO?
John Bowes
Get your head out of your arse Rich! You've replied in several threads that gave you the proof. sure you denied the evidence and from memory claimed one report was fake news. But as a serial liar in this ng we all just laughed at you (yet again) and moved on.
Rich80105
2021-09-21 00:46:11 UTC
On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:35:58 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Got if from the dickheads who picked him up from jail.
They're certainly not giving out details about that person. I'd
speculate a girlfriend who came along for the ride? But if they
refuse to say more about the person, could be a bum steer.
They guys is patched Black Power gang member. As we know the gangs are financially supported and enabled by the government so no surprises here.
Do you have any evidence of either statement, JohnO?
Get your head out of your arse Rich! You've replied in several threads that gave you the proof. sure you denied the evidence and from memory claimed one report was fake news. But as a serial liar in this ng we all just laughed at you (yet again) and moved on.
Thank you for your confirmation that you have no proof of your
statement, John Bowes. You have also been unusually polite. well
done.
John Bowes
Whereas you're just your usual lying and comprehensionless fucking imbecile! Yet another fail from you at gaining even a vestige of respect :)
JohnO
Of course I do. Are you too useless to search this out yourself?
Rich80105
2021-09-21 03:21:33 UTC
Got if from the dickheads who picked him up from jail.
They're certainly not giving out details about that person. I'd
speculate a girlfriend who came along for the ride? But if they
refuse to say more about the person, could be a bum steer.
They guys is patched Black Power gang member. As we know the gangs are financially supported and enabled by the government so no surprises here.
Do you have any evidence of either statement, JohnO?
Of course I do. Are you too useless to search this out yourself?
Of course you do not - why lie when you have been caught out before on
this issue, JohnO?
John Bowes
The proof has been given you in the past. Try doing a google search you incompetent, fucking imbecile! So stop your own lying and go have a look for once in your useless life Rich!
JohnO
Be clear Dickbot: Are you too ignorant and too useless to find this out yourself? If so, I am happy to help out the intellectually disabled such as yourself by providing cites.
John Bowes
Waste of time JohnO! Richie's lack of comprehension, bias and 'brainwashing' prevent him from understanding the problems the government is setting up for New Zealand when/if they ever let us return to something approaching real life...
Willy Nilly
2021-09-21 07:32:40 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
They're certainly not giving out details about that person. I'd
speculate a girlfriend who came along for the ride? But if they
refuse to say more about the person, could be a bum steer.
They're still not saying who. On One News they say brightly "We know
who it is" but won't tell us. Do they think that constitutes "News"?
James Christophers
Of course not, but they're smart enough to know there's nothing easier than flogging cheap trivia and titillation to an audience that no longer recognises the meaning of "production values", the crowing and absurdly garbed Wendy Petrie being TV1's prime example.
John Bowes
She does a far better job at reporting than the biased, overindulgent waffle that you push Keith/James or whatever nym you use today!
Mutlley
You couldn't make this crap up even for a movie script.
John Bowes
2021-09-20 02:05:18 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by JohnO
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/09/covid-19-outbreak-waikato-mayor-furious-prisoner-was-remanded-into-region-from-auckland-despite-different-alert-levels.html
Prisoner released from bail, untested, allowed to go out of Auckland L4 to Waikato, starts a new cluster there.
Yet someone will make excuses for the government as per usual.
As Des Gorman says, dumb luck has its limits and the government finally ran out of it.
You couldn't make this crap up even for a movie script.
Ya could. but who'd believe it? :)