Money before lives
2020-09-01 19:41:58 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/tony-abbott-some-elderly-covid-patients-could-be-left-to-die-naturally

Well that's the "Liberals" in Australia for you - but would National
here dispute the argument? Would they be effectively saying, as they
have in the past, that medical spending should be rationed to limit
spending for elderly people? Would National leave your parent or
grandparent to die?

We are fortunate that our government does not act in that way, and
that our efforts to eliminate have been sufficient to not over-whelm
the number of ICU places available.
Tony
2020-09-01 21:13:26 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/tony-abbott-some-elderly-covid-patients-could-be-left-to-die-naturally
Well that's the "Liberals" in Australia for you - but would National
here dispute the argument? Would they be effectively saying, as they
have in the past, that medical spending should be rationed to limit
spending for elderly people? Would National leave your parent or
grandparent to die?
No to all of those daft questions.
Post by Rich80105
We are fortunate that our government does not act in that way, and
that our efforts to eliminate have been sufficient to not over-whelm
the number of ICU places available.
We are fortunate that no government in this country in recent times have acted
that way.
What an irrelevant post from Rich.
Crash
2020-09-02 03:27:21 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/tony-abbott-some-elderly-covid-patients-could-be-left-to-die-naturally
Well that's the "Liberals" in Australia for you - but would National
here dispute the argument?
Why would they do that? There is no connection with what Tony Abbott
reportedly said and NZ, let alone the National Party.
Post by Rich80105
Would they be effectively saying, as they
have in the past, that medical spending should be rationed to limit
spending for elderly people? Would National leave your parent or
grandparent to die?
Noted use of exaggeration with emotive language. No government does
this directly.
Post by Rich80105
We are fortunate that our government does not act in that way, and
that our efforts to eliminate have been sufficient to not over-whelm
the number of ICU places available.
Complete nonsense. The current government, along with all its
predecessors, routinely denies medical treatment to those that are
defined as terminally ill (predominantly but not exclusively elderly)
through well-defined professional guidance from the medical
profession. Instead of putting terminally-ill patients into intensive
care, they are moved into palliative care (sometimes involving copious
quantities of morphine) until they die. This is a form of rationing
medical treatment and is entirely justified.

Rich if you have any evidence that anyone in NZ (ie Tony Abbott and
all other foreign politicians do not count, neither do UK news
websites) feel free to raise this.

The entire purpose of your original post is to try to connect an
opinion of a former (and fairly briefly) Australian PM to the National
party. In this case your desperate anti-National rhetoric is totally
devoid of logic and justification.

BR
2020-09-02 05:22:22 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/tony-abbott-some-elderly-covid-patients-could-be-left-to-die-naturally
Well that's the "Liberals" in Australia for you - but would National
here dispute the argument? Would they be effectively saying, as they
have in the past, that medical spending should be rationed to limit
spending for elderly people? Would National leave your parent or
grandparent to die?
We are fortunate that our government does not act in that way, and
that our efforts to eliminate have been sufficient to not over-whelm
the number of ICU places available.
Is healthcare a human right or a commodity?

Bill.
https://www.avg.com