Rental problems - or wages too low?
2021-01-29 00:40:31 UTC
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/working-in-long-term-care-by-day-sleeping-in-a-shelter-by-night-the-economic-realities-of-life-as-a-psw

Here in New Zealand retirement village workers are employed by large
chains who are among the most profitable companies in New Zealand, but
who get large subsidies for staff wages from the government.

There are however a large number of people who are not in such
occupations. From denying that there was any housing problem, and sold
many state houses during the Key years, National now claims the
government should be doing more, but that they should do nothing to
reduce profits for landlords.

Something is clearly wrong when so many cannot afford reasonable
housing; and even the party that purports to support the free market
believes that the market cannot provide the required housing and that
the government should intervene.

At least the problem is being identified . . .
John Bowes
2021-01-29 06:37:44 UTC
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/working-in-long-term-care-by-day-sleeping-in-a-shelter-by-night-the-economic-realities-of-life-as-a-psw
Here in New Zealand retirement village workers are employed by large
chains who are among the most profitable companies in New Zealand, but
who get large subsidies for staff wages from the government.
Cite please Rich. These look like more of your unsubstantiated claims from the past!
Post by Rich80105
There are however a large number of people who are not in such
occupations. From denying that there was any housing problem, and sold
many state houses during the Key years, National now claims the
government should be doing more, but that they should do nothing to
reduce profits for landlords.
Stop pushing this bullshit Rich! National got rid of old houses in preparation for building new, fit for purpose ones that Ardern claimed as Labours work!
Post by Rich80105
Something is clearly wrong when so many cannot afford reasonable
housing; and even the party that purports to support the free market
believes that the market cannot provide the required housing and that
the government should intervene.
What is wrong Rich is that this government don't really give a damn about anything except retaining power! The reason rwents have gone up is because the government loaded extra costs on landlords!
Yup! another taking point for the government. They will achieve about as much as they did with Kiwibuild, mental health and their other promises from 2017.......
James Christophers
2021-01-29 22:35:23 UTC
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/working-in-long-term-care-by-day-sleeping-in-a-shelter-by-night-the-economic-realities-of-life-as-a-psw
Here in New Zealand retirement village workers are employed by large
chains who are among the most profitable companies in New Zealand, but
who get large subsidies for staff wages from the government.
Cite please Rich. These look like more of your unsubstantiated claims from the past!
In 2018, just along the street from you, Summerset opened another of its growing number of care home facilities.

Summerset is a business, i.e. like any other business its rightful purpose is to return a profit to investors.

Here's the Group's financial report for 2018, this being the most recent I presently have to hand. Check it out to learn that in 2017 underlying profit was c$81.5 million. In 2018 that sum had increased to c$98.5 million - an annual increase of 20%. (Underlying profit is used to determine the dividend paid to shareholders)

(Disclaimer: I am an investor in Summerset.)
Rich80105
2021-01-29 23:12:03 UTC
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 14:35:23 -0800 (PST), James Christophers
[...]
I suspect Bowes was wanting confirmation that the company receives
money from the government in respect of some services.
John Bowes
2021-01-30 05:01:47 UTC
[...]
So where is the evidence they get subsidised by the government Rich? couldn't see any evidence in the wealth of info Keith has posted.
I don't have a problem with Somerset as they did a great job of looking after my Mother before she died.
James Christophers
2021-01-30 00:07:25 UTC
https://www.summerset.co.nz/assets/Documents/92fc34a3c4/Annual-Report-2018.pdf
(Disclaimer: I am an investor in Summerset.)
John Bowes
2021-01-30 04:58:18 UTC
[...]
Thank you Keith. however it still doesn't suggest Rich wasn't doing his usual stunt and was just making claims he had no evidence to support.