Oh how the mighty fall!
2021-09-09 07:16:44 UTC
Bloody marvelous when government advisers don't follow their own advice. Guess it's another case from this government of do what I say not what I do!https://thebfd.co.nz/2021/09/09/new-zealander-of-the-year-siouxsie-wiles-unmasked/
Rich80105
2021-09-10 06:20:27 UTC
On Thu, 9 Sep 2021 00:16:44 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
Post by John Bowes
Bloody marvelous when government advisers don't follow their own advice. Guess it's another case from this government of do what I say not what I do!https://thebfd.co.nz/2021/09/09/new-zealander-of-the-year-siouxsie-wiles-unmasked/
Just wait a while, and the dirty politics will be debunked:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-outbreak-dr-siouxsie-wiles-hits-back-at-accusations-she-broke-lockdown-rules/2T7OGKYA3X3IPTRZX45DVJTWQU/

We find that Susie Wiles did not break andy Covid Rules; the other
person is in her bubble and they are more than 2 meters from anyone
else, and cycling is OK.
John Bowes
Nice story Rich. But is there proof it's not just spin? How convenient just happens to invite a journalist into her bubble. VERY convenient!
James Christophers
2021-09-10 07:59:03 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Bloody marvelous when government advisers don't follow their own advice. Guess it's another case from this government of do what I say not what I do!https://thebfd.co.nz/2021/09/09/new-zealander-of-the-year-siouxsie-wiles-unmasked/
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-outbreak-dr-siouxsie-wiles-hits-back-at-accusations-she-broke-lockdown-rules/2T7OGKYA3X3IPTRZX45DVJTWQU/
We find that Susie Wiles did not break andy Covid Rules; the other
person is in her bubble and they are more than 2 meters from anyone
else, and cycling is OK.
Nice story Rich. But is there proof it's not just spin?
Try this:

"Dr Bloomfield told Newshub (late pm today) it's OK under alert level 4 to cycle 5km from your home with someone from your bubble and not be wearing a mask." Confirmed and reinforced by:

NZ Deputy PM: "The Prime Minister has earlier talked about (this), if you are keeping well away from other people and you're undertaking exercise on the more vigorous side, yes that is fine."
John Bowes
Excuses, excuses. Guess you and Rich can't see anything wrong with your lefty heroines :)
James Christophers
The facts, ma'am, just the facts. Why not try providing some yourself? OK, laughable though the very idea will seem even to a twit like you, you might then even begin to convince people, including yourself.
John Bowes
You mean you haven't seen Wiles adverts Keith? You must be a lot more out of touch than I thought!
JohnO
2021-09-11 00:14:26 UTC
Post by John Bowes
Bloody marvelous when government advisers don't follow their own advice. Guess it's another case from this government of do what I say not what I do!https://thebfd.co.nz/2021/09/09/new-zealander-of-the-year-siouxsie-wiles-unmasked/
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-outbreak-dr-siouxsie-wiles-hits-back-at-accusations-she-broke-lockdown-rules/2T7OGKYA3X3IPTRZX45DVJTWQU/
We find that Susie Wiles did not break andy Covid Rules; the other
person is in her bubble and they are more than 2 meters from anyone
else, and cycling is OK.
Nice story Rich. But is there proof it's not just spin?
NZ Deputy PM: "The Prime Minister has earlier talked about (this), if you are keeping well away from other people and you're undertaking exercise on the more vigorous side, yes that is fine."
I have no doubt that Wiles was complying with the letter of the law. However for someone who routinely wags her finger at the lumpenproletariat, lecturing them to stay at home, not visit friends, and wear a mask, she did not stay at home, she did visit a friend and didn't wear a mask.

So although she may strictly have adhered to the rules, she still appears to be a big fat hypocrite. I couldn't stand her before this so no difference to me, but I think this may have woken a few others up to the politically slanted circle-jerk that's going on between Ardern, Blomfield and Wiles.
Tony
2021-09-11 01:25:36 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
And she tolerated her friend going for a swim which is not permitted. As a
friend she could have asked that her companion not enter the water, or simply
left.
Rich80105
2021-09-11 02:23:32 UTC
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 20:25:36 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by John Bowes
[...]
Ï couldn't stand her before this . . . - yes it is all political
really isn't it . . .

Going for a swim may well be an exaggeration anyway - ankle deep in
calm water doesn't seem a huge risk, and is probably allowable . . .
Tony
2021-09-11 02:27:05 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
I didn't post that you illiterate fool.
. . . - yes it is all political
Post by Rich80105
really isn't it . Yes it is for you. you mafde it so.
Going for a swim may well be an exaggeration anyway
Prove that or shut up.
Rich80105
2021-09-11 05:31:16 UTC
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 21:27:05 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Rich80105
really isn't it . Yes it is for you. you mafde it so.
Going for a swim may well be an exaggeration anyway
Prove that or shut up.
I have looked again - Wiles did not go for a swim. but her friend did
go into the water up to her neck; hard to tell whether she was walking
on the sea floor or swimming.

The issue of vigourous activities was raised at a briefinf about the
time we came down from level 4 - the concern was that people not
engage in activitie that could in theory require assistance from
emergency services - so swimming in high surf, or a long distance, or
some climbing activities are all discouraged. The 'swimming' shown in
Slater's video is certainly not in the 'potentially dangerous'
category.

Siouxie Wiles gave a fairly reasoned but robust response to what was a
very minor issue - allowing a freind to swim, but also pointing out
that this is really disinformation for political purposes:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/126351648/covid19-dr-siouxsie-wiles-warns-of-disinformation-after-claims-she-was-caught-breaking-lockdown-rules

Following responses have however it seems become a little political -
see :
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-spinoff-new-zealand-urgently-needs-a-serious-opposition-leader/VSJXHUHRKWZAHNDED7D6QD4A2I/

which has an internal link to and older article:
https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/20-07-2020/nicky-hager-five-reasons-why-judith-collins-wont-be-prime-minister/
which pointed out that the sort of politics that Collins used to be
involved in (such as the Dirty Tricks with Slater, and her disparaging
nucknames for Labour politicians) is not popular with the public - and
it seems that an old dog will revert to old tricks when under pressure
. . .

and a comparison with a different opposition leader:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/opinion/126335972/confident-versus-offmessage-a-stark-contrast-in-leadership-styles

As for the original story by Cam Slater, it appears that initial
attempts to sell the story to the press were unsuccesful:
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2021/09/do_as_i_say_not_as_i_do-5.html

in which Kiwiblog (Daid Farrar?) says:
"This story was given to 1News journalist Benedict Collins. After
sitting on the story for five days he informed my source that they had
spiked the story. The reason given was that it wasn’t a politician so
there was no public interest in the story. Make no mistake, this story
was suppressed by an editor at 1News."

The accusation about supression doesn't have legs - it was just not
news as far as 1News is concerned - it will surprise no-one that
Benedict Collins has more ethics than Cameron Slater . . .

We don't know who took the video - from Kiwiblog it is apparently at
Judges Bay in Parnell; it does look a bit sleezy to be filming these
two people for such a long time - perhaps there are unsavory people in
that area that have contacts with Slater . . .
- ankle deep in
calm water doesn't seem a huge risk, and is probably allowable . . .
Agreed there was no problem with the actions of Siouxsie Wild, and
most unlikely to be any problems for her friend. This was an
attempted political attack by unethical people associated with Judith
Collins, who did not have the sense to keep herself divorced from the
sleazy innuendo and false accusations . . .
Tony
2021-09-11 21:47:57 UTC
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Her companion was swimming, I have posted evidence in this thread.
Ms Wiles did not stop her companion from swimming, did not report it, did not
appear unhappy. Now stop diverting the thread. This is about someone in
authority (yes, real authority) setting a very bad example.
You could almost believe she is a Labour cabinet minister, couldn't you?
Rich80105
2021-09-11 23:17:11 UTC
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:47:57 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Yes I saw your opinion. Yet the authoritarian, dictatorial government
you claim we have did not see any problem sufficient to impose any
penalty; if you are unhappy with that you are welcome to take a
private prosecution . . .
Post by Tony
Now stop diverting the thread. This is about someone in
authority (yes, real authority) setting a very bad example.
Really? Just what "authority (yes, real authority) " does she have?
She has worked with another person to put together some very good
articles explaining the science as we know it regarding Covid, and the
reasons for the health advice that our government has been receiving,
but as far as I am aware she holds no official position with our
government. She has I understand assisted other governments and
possibly the World Health Organisation, but again without any
particular position with those bosied.
Post by Tony
You could almost believe she is a Labour cabinet minister, couldn't you?
No, and you know well that she is not. Why are you beng particularly
dense about sll of this, Tony?
James Christophers
2021-09-11 23:44:29 UTC
Post by Tony
Now stop diverting the thread. This is about someone in
authority (yes, real authority) setting a very bad example.
Really? Just what "authority (yes, real authority) " does she have?
Outside government, where, as an academic authority in her field, she heads a university department.
Once Tony bites on something, he can never let go - re-entrant teeth maybe (think possum).
Rich80105
2021-09-12 00:31:04 UTC
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:44:29 -0700 (PDT), James Christophers
Post by Tony
Now stop diverting the thread. This is about someone in
authority (yes, real authority) setting a very bad example.
Really? Just what "authority (yes, real authority) " does she have?
Outside government, where, as an academic authority in her field, she heads a university department.
Thanks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siouxsie_Wiles gives her role
as Director of the Bioluminescent Superbugs Lab. Her awards are
impressive: the Prime Minister's Prize for Science communication
(2013, Callaghan Medal (2013), Blake Medal (2016), NZ Skeptics Skeptic
of the Year (2016), MNZM (2019), New Zealander of the Year (2021) ,
with more at https://about.me/skeptimoo

She appears to be consistently apolitical - and has been recognised by
both the current Labour government and the previous National-led
governments.

The political attacks on her are disgraceful.
Post by Tony
You could almost believe she is a Labour cabinet minister, couldn't you?
No, and you know well that she is not. Why are you beng particularly
dense about all of this, Tony?
Once Tony bites on something, he can never let go - re-entrant teeth maybe (think possum).
John Bowes
2021-09-12 00:59:58 UTC
Post by Tony
You could almost believe she is a Labour cabinet minister, couldn't you?
No, and you know well that she is not. Why are you beng particularly
dense about all of this, Tony?
Once Tony bites on something, he can never let go - re-entrant teeth maybe (think possum).
Still doesn't excuse her ignoring and trying to justify ignoring her own advice to the country!
Get back under your bridge Keith!
Tony
2021-09-12 01:38:36 UTC
Post by Tony
[...]
Yes I agree, but no more disgraceful than your many political attacks on people
who did nothing to deserve them.
I have not issued a political attack on her of course.
Tony
2021-09-12 00:38:19 UTC
Post by Tony
You could almost believe she is a Labour cabinet minister, couldn't you?
No, and you know well that she is not. Why are you beng particularly
dense about sll of this, Tony?
Once Tony bites on something, he can never let go - re-entrant teeth maybe (think possum).
Oh yes I can, but I choose not to somethimes - usually when you or Rich are
deliberately trying to confuse those that care about this country.
Tony
2021-09-12 00:36:57 UTC
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Of course they did not, looking after their comrades is their highest duty.
And it is not an olpionion. Her companion was swimming - period.
Now stop diverting the thread. This is about someone in
authority (yes, real authority) setting a very bad example.
Really? Just what "authority (yes, real authority) " does she have?
She has worked with another person to put together some very good
articles explaining the science as we know it regarding Covid, and the
reasons for the health advice that our government has been receiving,
but as far as I am aware she holds no official position with our
government. She has I understand assisted other governments and
possibly the World Health Organisation, but again without any
particular position with those bosied.
You really are thick - anybody who is listened to has authority by virtue of
the integrity as seen by those that lsiten.
Just like a university lecturer - natural authority.
Even children understand that without needing it explained to them.
You could almost believe she is a Labour cabinet minister, couldn't you?
No, and you know well that she is not. Why are you beng particularly
dense about sll of this, Tony?
A simple comparison with more than one of your precious ministers who has
ignored their own PMs directions and disobeyed health regulations - one of them
was minister of health for goodness sake.
It is your thickness that is clear here.
Tony
James Christophers
2021-09-11 06:01:10 UTC
Post by John Bowes
[...]
د couldn't stand her before this . . . - yes it is all political
Triflingly harmeless, yes, but it currently comes within the exclusions within the overall remit of the rescue and emergency services and is therefore not permissible.
BR
2021-09-11 08:30:46 UTC
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-outbreak-dr-siouxsie-wiles-hits-back-at-accusations-she-broke-lockdown-rules/2T7OGKYA3X3IPTRZX45DVJTWQU/
The bought and paid for media are circling the wagons. No surprises
there.

The stench of hypocrisy will be smelt from the podium of truth, so it
is to be expected that Ardern's consortium of crooks would have
reminded their media sycophants about the 50 mill of taxpayer's money
they were handed last time.

Meanwhile, the opposition leader is being pilloried by that same media
for calling Wiles a "big fat liar".

She certainly is that. From the video she certainly looks tubby enough
to qualify as a high risk candidate.

Bill.
https://www.avg.com
Rich80105
2021-09-11 10:28:54 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-delta-outbreak-dr-siouxsie-wiles-hits-back-at-accusations-she-broke-lockdown-rules/2T7OGKYA3X3IPTRZX45DVJTWQU/
The bought and paid for media are circling the wagons. No surprises
there.
The stench of hypocrisy will be smelt from the podium of truth, so it
is to be expected that Ardern's consortium of crooks would have
reminded their media sycophants about the 50 mill of taxpayer's money
they were handed last time.
Meanwhile, the opposition leader is being pilloried by that same media
for calling Wiles a "big fat liar".
She certainly is that. From the video she certainly looks tubby enough
to qualify as a high risk candidate.
Bill.
Pot Kettle Black . . .

As for liar - that claim is routinely made by John Bowes or Tony in a
majority of their posts - and like them you have not shown any lie.

The involvement of Cameron Slater again is interesting - he was at one
time quite close to Judith Collins; Dirty Politics all over again?
John Bowes
2021-09-11 20:07:05 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
[...]
No Rich. The dirty politics are now being practiced by you, Keith. Ardern, Wiles and the sycophantic media! Hell I actualy read on of the TV from the Covid 19 team last night. It told us to STAY HOME! Pretty much the same message Wiles was pushing before she did a Clark and wandered down to the beach!! Seems the rules only apply to the rest of us and not Labour party sycophants!
Tony
2021-09-11 21:09:26 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
[...]

Less than 30 seconds in and thje swim occurs, and nobody in their right mind
could say she was not swimming.
Whether the ride and talk was wrong is not my concern. What is my concern is
that Ms Wiles clearlyu appears to condone the swimming.
Now provide some honesty for the first time this decade.
James Christophers
2021-09-11 22:47:30 UTC
http://youtu.be/6FwWs14QBQU
Less than 30 seconds in and thje swim occurs, and nobody in their right mind
could say she was not swimming.
Speculative extension of behaviour to invent
Post by Tony
Whether the ride and talk was wrong is not my concern. What is my concern is
that Ms Wiles clearlyu appears to condone the swimming.
IOW, one judges and condemns another solely on appearances as reported by a third party. Well that's OK, then!
On which censorious advice you may now usefully reflect if only for the benefit of your own pious rectitude.
Tony
2021-09-11 22:54:42 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
[...]
The video is con clusive, and has not been rebutted by Ms Wiles.
Whether the ride and talk was wrong is not my concern. What is my concern is
that Ms Wiles clearlyu appears to condone the swimming.
IOW, one judges and condemns another solely on appearances as reported by a
third party. Well that's OK, then!
If you say so. I cetrtainly do not agree with you doing that. Over to you to
look unwardly at your motives.
Now provide some honesty for the first time this decade.
On which censorious advice you may now usefully reflect if only for the
benefit of your own pious rectitude.
Nothing to reflect on other than your refusal to see that Ms Wiles did not set
the example she had a duty to set. That is OK then is it? Only to you and
others that can never (that is never!) see any failure with this government.
James Christophers
2021-09-11 23:15:35 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Oh I see that alright, but unlike you I don't succumb to an attack of the vapours over each and every "mis-step" someone of note may have made. It's not only unhealthy, it's also unwholesome and therefore self-debasing.

MY only comment to day iThat is OK then is it? Only to you and
Post by Tony
others that can never (that is never!) see any failure with this government.
I see them all the time and I make my own judgements, not needing, as you would so tirelessly force on others, some silly little fourth-form sans-vie snitch to make them for me.

I heartily recommend it.
Tony
2021-09-12 00:30:31 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Oh I see that alright
Good then you understand but simply don't think it matters.
That's fine. Every one of us has our faults - yours is viciousness and an
accute case of inverted snobbery. It is time you knew your place in the world,
something that only maturity can bring. If only it wasn't much too late.
Post by James Christophers
, but unlike you I don't succumb to an attack of the vapours over each and
every "mis-step" someone of note may have made. It's not only unhealthy, it's
also unwholesome and therefore self-debasing.
I didn't start this thread, so the one with the vapour attack is you methinks.
Post by Tony
others that can never (that is never!) see any failure with this government.
I see them all the time and I make my own judgements, not needing, as you
would so tirelessly force on others, some silly little fourth-form sans-vie
snitch to make them for me.
I heartily recommend it.
I have explained this to you before, your recommendations are of no interest to
me, I rely on far more sage and intelligent sources of wisdom.
John Bowes
Just like you Keith. But then we've always understood that you and Labour/Rich share the hypocrisy skill :)
George Black
2021-09-12 00:25:13 UTC
Post by BR
Post by Rich80105
[...]
Yup.
Caught and filmed breaking the laws she pushed