You just have to laugh!
2021-09-20 23:46:56 UTC
Got a letter from Ministry of Health today. Opened it to find a nice letter giving my NHI number and information on how to make an appointment for a vaccine shot. What's the joke you wonder? Simle, because today is the day I get my first shot that was booked under myindici using my NHI number. Seems the MoH are about as useless as the the government !
Gordon
2021-09-21 00:02:45 UTC
Got a letter from Ministry of Health today. Opened it to find a
nice letter giving my NHI number and information on how to make an
appointment for a vaccine shot. What's the joke you wonder? Simle,
because today is the day I get my first shot that was booked under
myindici using my NHI number. Seems the MoH are about as useless
as the the government !
Cerytainly pro-activeness has not been part of this COVID-19 apart from the
odd lockdown.

Still thery did say that they were going to send out letters to the over 65
year olds encouraging them to get vaccinated.

The Covid-19 website gives for the 65 and over, 90% got the first jab and
76.1% have the second. So if the folks with one shot get the second they
will have reached the target. This is likely to happen.

I would have thought rounding up the ones dragging the chain would be the
place to put ones efforts.
John Bowes
But they're obviously not on top of their own data mate. If they were they'd not of bothered sending a letter to people who already have a booking:)
James Christophers
2021-09-21 01:09:25 UTC
Got a letter from Ministry of Health today. Opened it to find a
nice letter giving my NHI number and information on how to make an
appointment for a vaccine shot. What's the joke you wonder? Simle,
because today is the day I get my first shot that was booked under
myindici using my NHI number. Seems the MoH are about as useless
as the the government !
Cerytainly pro-activeness has not been part of this COVID-19 apart from the
odd lockdown.
Still thery did say that they were going to send out letters to the over 65
year olds encouraging them to get vaccinated.
The Covid-19 website gives for the 65 and over, 90% got the first jab and
76.1% have the second. So if the folks with one shot get the second they
will have reached the target. This is likely to happen.
Today's official stats declare New Zealand at 111% of target.
Post by Gordon
I would have thought rounding up the ones dragging the chain would be the
place to put ones efforts.
On a more positive note:

I received my second vaccination during last week, having opted for a six-week gap between the two visits rather than the three weeks as originally recommended. Since I was initially phoned to set my first appointment, there have been only two further Covid-19 communications, both of them routine texted confirmations. On both visits the high-turnover vaccination centre was a model of quiet, clinical efficiency and goodwill - exemplary in every way.

My DHB is Capital and Coast.