Are we all Hypocrites?
2021-07-19 04:55:00 UTC
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/jack-tame-protesting-farmers-are-hypocrites-but-so-am-i/5OGVKS3BGORGMUJQYG3AZDSEDA/

and on a related subject, does this miss anything?

I rock up to the local Toyota dealer and purchase a Toyota Hilux at $
70000.
Joe the builder or Terry the farmer also purchase the same model ,
same price $70000.
They then claim back the GST content $9130.00. The cost of the Hilux
is now $60870.00
In Year one the Hilux depreciates 30% =$18261.00 which is tax
deductable at $0.28= $5113.00.
The book value is now $42609.00
In Year Two the Hilux depreciates a further $30%= $12783.00 which is
tax deductable at $0.28 =$3579.00
The book Value is now$ 29826.00. Over three years the deductable tax
is $17822. And so it goes on until the Hilux is sold or scrapped.
John Bowes
Wrong again Rich. You, Jack Tame and Labour/Green are the hypocrites pushing a failed political belief :)
Rich80105
What does it get wrong, John Bowes?
Tony
Please repeat that in English.
John Bowes
I don't think the fucking imbeciles does anything except stupidity Tony!
Tony
To your header, no we are not all hypocrites. but you are, in spades.
Gordon
2021-07-19 09:13:44 UTC
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/jack-tame-protesting-farmers-are-hypocrites-but-so-am-i/5OGVKS3BGORGMUJQYG3AZDSEDA/
and on a related subject, does this miss anything?
I rock up to the local Toyota dealer and purchase a Toyota Hilux at $
70000.
Joe the builder or Terry the farmer also purchase the same model ,
same price $70000.
They then claim back the GST content $9130.00. The cost of the Hilux
is now $60870.00
In Year one the Hilux depreciates 30% =$18261.00 which is tax
deductable at $0.28= $5113.00.
The book value is now $42609.00
In Year Two the Hilux depreciates a further $30%= $12783.00 which is
tax deductable at $0.28 =$3579.00
The book Value is now$ 29826.00. Over three years the deductable tax
is $17822. And so it goes on until the Hilux is sold or scrapped.
At which time he buys a new one. If he sells it for more than the book value
the difference is taxed.

Rich, what is your point? Deprecation is a cost to a business. You can not
tax a loss, only a gain.
John Bowes
2021-07-19 10:45:58 UTC
[...]
Rich is a Labour shill who thinks anyone better off than him should be taxed to penury Gorden. He has no point. Much like his Marxist mates ;)