Control Freaks are Panicking
2021-09-23 01:36:48 UTC
They are realising now that when they reach their arbitrary 90%
vaccination goal, that the plan is to then let COVID run through the
population. Perhaps they didn't emotionally accept that before,
because now they are panicking. Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn. All at the expense of the people, of course.

Can they just stay on script??? Reach your 90% or whatever, then SET
THE PEOPLE FREE. The unvaccinated don't want your help, they prefer
COVID to the vaccine, so respect their decision -- their bodies, their
choice. And the vaccinated can feel safe & warm & fuzzy until the
next tidal wave of reality comes along which will show that the
authorities were full of s#!& all along, as of course they were.

Somebody, tell the control freaks that they CANNOT "control COVID",
and to LET GO after their vaccination goal is reached. Give it up,
give it away, set the people free. Stop tormenting New Zealand !!
John Bowes
"Control Covid"? A dream if ever I saw one. But typical of freedom hating control freaks everywhere :)
JohnO
They have wheeled out Personal Shroud-waver to the PM, Shaun Hendy with a prediction of 7000 deaths per year at 80% vaccination. This is the guy who modelled 80,000 deaths in NZ at the start of the whole thing. Like UK's disgraced Neil Fergusson, he has been spectacularly wrong since... forever. All these guys do is throw out theoretical worst case scenarios. They are a tool of the government used to scare people into submission.
Gordon
2021-09-23 03:37:51 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
To be fair Hendy has said that his 7,000 death estimate is conservative. The
modellers have also said that modelling is an inexact science. Bit like
climate change modelling. Too may variables.

Also in any calculation, there are assumptions. One is that this will arrive
on your screens. The wine in the glass will stay there until you drink it.
These assumptions will most probably be accurate.

However, in modelling covid cases the assumptions may not be accurate. So we
get crap in and crap out.

We need context, take into account the assumptions, when considering the
ouput, the 7000 deaths in the first year in this case.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best applies in this case.
Gordon
2021-09-23 03:48:59 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
They are realising now that when they reach their arbitrary 90%
vaccination goal, that the plan is to then let COVID run through the
population.
No, Willy, it is to let it walk through the community. Other countries which
hach gone open, have really just open up a crack or to and will clamp down
things go bad.

Opening the covid flood gates will up with many regrets.
Post by Willy Nilly
Perhaps they didn't emotionally accept that before,
because now they are panicking. Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn. All at the expense of the people, of course.
Can they just stay on script??? Reach your 90% or whatever, then SET
THE PEOPLE FREE. The unvaccinated don't want your help, they prefer
COVID to the vaccine, so respect their decision -- their bodies, their
choice.
However, this is a matter of the Public good needing to be considered.
Post by Willy Nilly
And the vaccinated can feel safe & warm & fuzzy until the
next tidal wave of reality comes along which will show that the
authorities were full of s#!& all along, as of course they were.
The vaccinated will still be concerned as a small minority of vaccinated
people get Covid. The individual will not want this to happen.
Post by Willy Nilly
Somebody, tell the control freaks that they CANNOT "control COVID",
and to LET GO after their vaccination goal is reached. Give it up,
give it away, set the people free. Stop tormenting New Zealand !!
We have controlled Covid up until recently. No vaccination needed.

I do agree that the Government needs to get the road map published. At the
moment we seem to have arrived at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

The road map/plan can be changed but at least we all know what it is.
Willy Nilly
2021-09-23 04:07:32 UTC
The unvaccinated don't want your help, they prefer COVID to the
vaccine, so respect their decision -- their bodies, their choice.
However, this is a matter of the Public good needing to be considered.
Once you crack that door open, they will drive a steam train through
it, and right over you.
Rich80105
2021-09-23 04:58:56 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
They are realising now that when they reach their arbitrary 90%
vaccination goal, that the plan is to then let COVID run through the
population.
No, Willy, it is to let it walk through the community. Other countries which
hach gone open, have really just open up a crack or to and will clamp down
things go bad.
Opening the covid flood gates will up with many regrets.
So it is a good thing the government have _not_ said that they propose
to open our gates and have no controls.
Post by Willy Nilly
And the vaccinated can feel safe & warm & fuzzy until the
next tidal wave of reality comes along which will show that the
authorities were full of s#!& all along, as of course they were.
The vaccinated will still be concerned as a small minority of vaccinated
people get Covid. The individual will not want this to happen.
Absolutely - even at 90% current full vaccination, modelling would
show that a single case in the community could, if not caught quickly,
spread to quite a few others - both vaccinated and non-vaccinated -
with some of the vaccinated showing symtoms, but some being
asymptomatic while still able to spread the virus.

What actions are needed at the Border will change, but I don't think
anyone knows exactly how - and it course it may all change with the
Mu, Nu or Xi variants . . .
Post by Gordon
Post by Willy Nilly
Somebody, tell the control freaks that they CANNOT "control COVID",
and to LET GO after their vaccination goal is reached. Give it up,
give it away, set the people free. Stop tormenting New Zealand !!
We have controlled Covid up until recently. No vaccination needed.
Agreed - We have shown that we can control the effect of covid on us -
it has not been easy, but we have achieved more than most other
countries. Setting people free to die has not been partcularly
attractive in some countries . . .
Post by Gordon
I do agree that the Government needs to get the road map published. At the
moment we seem to have arrived at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
The road map/plan can be changed but at least we all know what it is.
The road map for level 2 differs greatly from the first time we were
at level 2 - I expect that what we will be doing about Covid in
another 6 months or a year may well not be what we are doing now.
Mutlley
2021-09-25 03:54:53 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
Won't happen. Climate Emergency lockdowns to follow. They have to
keep the population under control, fearful and there vill be no
freedoms in NZ.
Tony
2021-09-25 04:16:10 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
Yes climate emergency lockdown and when that runs out of steam, "We Hate
National" lockdowns and when that expires, hunt down George Orwell and
re-educate him lockdowns (never mind that he is dead - a minor detail).
There are so many opportunities for oppression by the government that the mind
boggles (other than the faithful who are mindless).
Rich80105
2021-09-25 05:53:02 UTC
On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 23:16:10 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
They are realising now that when they reach their arbitrary 90%
vaccination goal, that the plan is to then let COVID run through the
population. Perhaps they didn't emotionally accept that before,
because now they are panicking.
As I have said beforethat is not the plan. The government has
indicated that when we reach 90% we may no longer need level 4
lockdowns . . .
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn.
Of course - we would not want our hospitals to be flooded by people
coming in with Covid for example, would we?
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
All at the expense of the people, of course.
Are you worried about the possibity of more wage subsidies?
What other costs are you happy for "the people" to bear? Swamped
hospitals?
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Can they just stay on script???
They are - it is just not _your_ script.
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Reach your 90% or whatever, then SET
THE PEOPLE FREE. The unvaccinated don't want your help, they prefer
COVID to the vaccine, so respect their decision -- their bodies, their
choice. And the vaccinated can feel safe & warm & fuzzy until the
next tidal wave of reality comes along which will show that the
authorities were full of s#!& all along, as of course they were.
Somebody, tell the control freaks that they CANNOT "control COVID",
and to LET GO after their vaccination goal is reached. Give it up,
give it away, set the people free. Stop tormenting New Zealand !!
Those countries that had the "Right" answers are tellling us that -
which country's exerience do you want us to repeat?
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Won't happen. Climate Emergency lockdowns to follow. They have to
keep the population under control, fearful and there vill be no
freedoms in NZ.
Yes climate emergency lockdown and when that runs out of steam, "We Hate
National" lockdowns and when that expires, hunt down George Orwell and
re-educate him lockdowns (never mind that he is dead - a minor detail).
There are so many opportunities for oppression by the government that the mind
boggles (other than the faithful who are mindless).
Do you have any evidence of any plan to change the date for the next
election or the basis it will be run on? If we want to vote for
Natonal and ACT we will be able to. There are a few months to go
first though.
Tony
2021-09-25 07:12:16 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn.
Of course - we would not want our hospitals to be flooded by people
coming in with Covid for example, would we?
Who are you answering?
Post by Mutlley
Won't happen. Climate Emergency lockdowns to follow. They have to
keep the population under control, fearful and there vill be no
freedoms in NZ.
Yes climate emergency lockdown and when that runs out of steam, "We Hate
National" lockdowns and when that expires, hunt down George Orwell and
re-educate him lockdowns (never mind that he is dead - a minor detail).
There are so many opportunities for oppression by the government that the mind
boggles (other than the faithful who are mindless).
Do you have any evidence of any plan to change the date for the next
election or the basis it will be run on? If we want to vote for
Natonal and ACT we will be able to. There are a few months to go
first though.
Oh wow finally you answered the person who posted the last one.
But as expected a very silly response. Who is suggesting a change of date for
the next election?
Not me. Do take a break, you clearly need it.
Rich80105
2021-09-25 09:58:44 UTC
On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 02:12:16 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
Post by Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn.
Of course - we would not want our hospitals to be flooded by people
coming in with Covid for example, would we?
Who are you answering?
Readers of nz.general - who are you posting for?
Post by Mutlley
[...]
Just covering all bases - but you missed the bit about the basis the
election will be run on - do you think the current govenment will or
even want to change either, Tony? Do you have any evidence of any
plans to do either?
Post by Tony
Not me. Do take a break, you clearly need it.
Was your "Not me"comment an admisson that your wild concerns were just
a figment of your imagination?
Tony
2021-09-25 21:01:01 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Tony
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn.
Of course - we would not want our hospitals to be flooded by people
coming in with Covid for example, would we?
Who are you answering?
Readers of nz.general - who are you posting for?
So you are asking everybody here a question clearly aimed at one person.
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
All at the expense of the people, of course.
Are you worried about the possibity of more wage subsidies?
What other costs are you happy for "the people" to bear? Swamped
hospitals?
Who are you answering?
Readers of nz.general - who are you posting for?
Another question amied at one person.
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Can they just stay on script???
They are - it is just not _your_ script.
Who are you answering?
Readers of nz.general - who are you posting for?
Who's script?
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
Reach your 90% or whatever, then SET
THE PEOPLE FREE. The unvaccinated don't want your help, they prefer
COVID to the vaccine, so respect their decision -- their bodies, their
choice. And the vaccinated can feel safe & warm & fuzzy until the
next tidal wave of reality comes along which will show that the
authorities were full of s#!& all along, as of course they were.
Somebody, tell the control freaks that they CANNOT "control COVID",
and to LET GO after their vaccination goal is reached. Give it up,
give it away, set the people free. Stop tormenting New Zealand !!
Those countries that had the "Right" answers are tellling us that -
which country's exerience do you want us to repeat?
Who are you answering?
Readers of nz.general - who are you posting for?
Another question aimed at one person, who is that?
Post by Mutlley
[...]
I missed nothing, it is you that is talking about the election - I did not
refer to any election. So who did?
Your rudeness is as anticipated.
Gordon
2021-09-25 07:42:04 UTC
Post by Willy Nilly
They are realising now that when they reach their arbitrary 90%
vaccination goal, that the plan is to then let COVID run through the
population. Perhaps they didn't emotionally accept that before,
because now they are panicking.
As I have said beforethat is not the plan. The government has
indicated that when we reach 90% we may no longer need level 4
lockdowns . . .
You know this vaccination rate is like the discounts; UP TO 90%

The 90% will not be achieved going on what other countries have achieved.
The Government needs to drop this 90%, as it is going to be damaging to
their reputation.

Why the message from the 1pm sessions is not, the vaccination rate, more is
better people. The numbers never can be too great.
Does anyone know that date of the next election? As in the day of polling?
John Bowes
2021-09-25 09:27:31 UTC
Post by Tony
Post by Willy Nilly
They are realising now that when they reach their arbitrary 90%
vaccination goal, that the plan is to then let COVID run through the
population. Perhaps they didn't emotionally accept that before,
because now they are panicking.
As I have said beforethat is not the plan. The government has
indicated that when we reach 90% we may no longer need level 4
lockdowns . . .
you either guess or lie when you do that rich. Or do you get regular personal updates from your glorious leader on her plans?
Post by Willy Nilly
Now they are looking for ways to
still "control COVID" *after* they reach the 90% with masks and
passports, and whatever the hell makes them feel like they are worth a
damn.
Of course - we would not want our hospitals to be flooded by people
coming in with Covid for example, would we?
Certainly not. They're barely coping with the annual flu influx as it is!
Post by Willy Nilly
All at the expense of the people, of course.
Are you worried about the possibity of more wage subsidies?
What other costs are you happy for "the people" to bear? Swamped
hospitals?
Your attempt at changing the subject has as usual failed miserably Rich. Not helped by your lack of comprehension or respect for others who are smarter than you!
Can you prove their is no plan by your inglorious leader to do this?
Gordon
2021-09-25 07:28:02 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
Which is why we need rise up. Lets start at the ballot box. We will need to
check that is is neither fake nor stolen.
George Black
2021-09-25 18:54:14 UTC
Which is why we need rise up. Lets start at the ballot box. We will need to
check that is is neither fake nor stolen.
I can see just as the election date draws near we have a Covid calamity
and Stage 4 means no-one can gather anywhere at any time for any purpose
John Bowes
Stop putting ideas into the wankers heads please George. I'm sure they're quite capable of coming up with some stupid emergency without help from others :)
George Black
2021-09-25 18:50:58 UTC
Post by Mutlley
Post by Willy Nilly
[...]
So far they've gotten away with the scare tactics.
Until they're pissed enough people off which is when the 'wedding' drops
in...