Jacinda now channelling Sir Humphrey Appleby
2021-03-22 03:47:45 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300258584/live-pm-will-announce-commencement-date-for-transtasman-travel-bubble-on-april-6

Yes, this government are so hopeless at getting actual things done, they are now reduced to announcing that there will be an announcement.

They are a self parody. You couldn't make this shit up.
Gordon
2021-03-22 06:50:53 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300258584/live-pm-will-announce-commencement-date-for-transtasman-travel-bubble-on-april-6
Yes, this government are so hopeless at getting actual things done, they are now reduced to announcing that there will be an announcement.
They are a self parody. You couldn't make this shit up.
I see this more of a case of keeping the attention on oneself. However as
pointed out the risk is one of the pleebs thinking that this Government is
not fit for the ballot box.

The bubble is frought with issues and risks and I would rather see the
Government say, our policy (aim) is to get this bubble going but here are
the risks.

One of them is that a plane load or two land in the coutry, people spread to
their homes and whoosh level 3 lockdowns here there and also over there.

How about tasman crossers are vaccinated and not unnecessary travel to see
Bondi Beach.
James Christophers
2021-03-22 20:42:29 UTC
[...]
No one needs to visit Bondi Beach. Period. As for those panic blandishments toNw Zealanders to "visit their own back yard" solely to prop up the likes of mindlessly self-important Queenstown, someone surely has to be joking.

Tourism is 100% discretionary. So is any visit to any café, restaurant or bar be it foreign visitor or local. Every time yet another effin' café opens, I die a little. In any case, tourism is unsustainable in the long term because it is founded on and fed by unsustainable behaviour.

https://groups.google.com/g/nz.general/c/DdPfWQe9vQU
John Bowes
You're very good at long winded rambles about nothing Keith and once again you've failed to disappoint. Well done. Keep it up :)
BR
2021-03-23 04:16:23 UTC
On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:42:29 -0700 (PDT), James Christophers
Post by James Christophers
In any case, tourism is unsustainable in the long term because it is founded on and fed by unsustainable behaviour.
Only if you believe all the nonsense peddled by the likes of the IPCC,
left wing politicians and Greta Thundberg.

Bill.
https://www.avg.com
George Black
And didn't the Greta travel about the world before she tried to ruin it
John Bowes
2021-03-22 07:09:37 UTC
Guess she learnt this response from her tour of duty with the British Labour party :)
George Black
2021-03-22 18:59:34 UTC
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300258584/live-pm-will-announce-commencement-date-for-transtasman-travel-bubble-on-april-6
Yes, this government are so hopeless at getting actual things done, they are now reduced to announcing that there will be an announcement.
They are a self parody. You couldn't make this shit up.
100,000 houses have gone missing and prisons are being cleared of liebor
voters.
So many pre-announcements so little media