Face masks
2020-10-09 22:00:51 UTC
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/mark-sircus/final-words-on-masks/
Worth remembering that our experts struggled with the notion of wearing masks
at the beginning.
And the CDC say they don't work.
John Bowes
Bit like climate change Tony. You can find organisations and people who can't seem to agree with anyone else:)
Rich80105
2020-10-11 08:45:06 UTC
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 00:18:32 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/mark-sircus/final-words-on-masks/
Worth remembering that our experts struggled with the notion of wearing masks
at the beginning.
And the CDC say they don't work.
Bit like climate change Tony. You can find organisations and people who can't seem to agree with anyone else:)
and the National Party . . .

If the scientific advice changes, I am sure our government will
listen.
John Bowes
The question is how long will it take for the useless buggers to stop talking about it and take action? Took TWO bloody weeks to put us in lockdown and then only after Ardern had spoken to friends in the UK!
Tony
2020-10-12 19:32:33 UTC
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 00:18:32 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/mark-sircus/final-words-on-masks/
Worth remembering that our experts struggled with the notion of wearing masks
at the beginning.
And the CDC say they don't work.
Bit like climate change Tony. You can find organisations and people who can't
seem to agree with anyone else:)
and the National Party . . .
If the scientific advice changes, I am sure our government will
listen.
But are they listening?
https://sphcm.med.unsw.edu.au/news/cloth-masks-%E2%80%93-dangerous-your-health?fbclid=IwAR2xrjB85ruC7Vx770GNEKyzJcTrwY3oc4qWvhpof8oSvVVT9oS3WMEFT9A
Rich80105
2020-10-12 21:03:49 UTC
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 14:32:33 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 00:18:32 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/mark-sircus/final-words-on-masks/
Worth remembering that our experts struggled with the notion of wearing masks
at the beginning.
And the CDC say they don't work.
Bit like climate change Tony. You can find organisations and people who can't
seem to agree with anyone else:)
and the National Party . . .
If the scientific advice changes, I am sure our government will
listen.
But are they listening?
https://sphcm.med.unsw.edu.au/news/cloth-masks-%E2%80%93-dangerous-your-health?fbclid=IwAR2xrjB85ruC7Vx770GNEKyzJcTrwY3oc4qWvhpof8oSvVVT9oS3WMEFT9A
Of course they are Tony - and the Health Department may well have been
aware of this article before you read it on Facebook.
James Christophers
2020-10-12 21:14:01 UTC
[...]
Misinforming and disinforming Facebook notwithstanding, Dr Mark Sircus styles himself solely as acupuncturist and doctor of oriental and pastoral medicine.

Make of that what you will.
Tony
2020-10-13 00:43:36 UTC
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 14:32:33 -0500, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 00:18:32 -0700 (PDT), John Bowes
On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 11:00:57 AM UTC+13,
Post by Tony
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/mark-sircus/final-words-on-masks/
Worth remembering that our experts struggled with the notion of wearing masks
at the beginning.
And the CDC say they don't work.
Bit like climate change Tony. You can find organisations and people who can't
seem to agree with anyone else:)
and the National Party . . .
If the scientific advice changes, I am sure our government will
listen.
But are they listening?
https://sphcm.med.unsw.edu.au/news/cloth-masks-%E2%80%93-dangerous-your-health?fbclid=IwAR2xrjB85ruC7Vx770GNEKyzJcTrwY3oc4qWvhpof8oSvVVT9oS3WMEFT9A
Of course they are Tony - and the Health Department may well have been
aware of this article before you read it on Facebook.
There is no of course about it.
And I did not use Facebook, I very rarely do.

James Christophers
2020-10-12 20:46:06 UTC
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/mark-sircus/final-words-on-masks/
Worth remembering that our experts struggled with the notion of wearing masks
at the beginning.
And the CDC say they don't work.
A GP friend tells me that the most significant protection to be had from masks recommended for general use is that they block or at least reduce the explosive force of a cough or sneeze from a virus victim - i.e. their intended primary function is to help protect the clean from the unclean, not the other way round. As to masks becoming contaminated by the wearer's exhalations etc., a quick dampening, not soaking, of the mask with a 70/30 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water from a discarded household spray bottle between wearings enables re-use.

However, advising the infected to wear a mask to protect others obviously depends on their infection being already detected, so it's plain that asymptomatic carriers and pre-symptomatic victims remain at large to do their unholy work.

The same GP tells me that throughout last winter, the number of patrons presenting with colds and other respiratory ailments has been at an all-time low, social distancing in whatever form having undoubtedly been the common preventative factor.
Rich80105
2020-10-12 21:22:42 UTC
On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 13:46:06 -0700 (PDT), James Christophers
[...]
Thanks James. Interesting that some individuals were making masks out
of other than cotton cloth - and there have been a number of articles
on alternatives :
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-homemade-covid-mask-fabric-choices.html

Those that sew often have different fabrics; I recall one comment
being that the synthetic fabrics were easier to wash and more
comfortable, but in those early days of lockdown different fabrics
were not readily available anyway.

My observation is that wearing a mask tends to also lead to some
greater physical distancing, which was always part of the intent of
masks anyway.